Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mck View Post
    I am about to order these wheels:
    Work VS-XX

Size Im after are:
    front 18x8 offset 30
    rear 18x9.5 offset 35
    Any advice on offsets would be appriciated, their going on a 89 E30.
    What tyres do you suggest, I want a stretch look. I have a set of H&R coilovers which will be going on at the smae time the wheels do. Cars getting full respray so there will be a bit of fender rolling.

At the moment ive got 18x7.5 offset 40 and the front is about 2mm from the suspenion.
    The fronts will mount without spacers, the rears may need some inner fender well hammering.

205/40/18 front and 215/35/18 rear will do the trick. The tire mounting shop will hate you.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by geoffp View Post
      trying to figure out if i need hub centering rings for my new wheels, here's the deal:

1988 325 sedan, currently running 14" bottlecaps, recently purchased 16x7 OZ Ultralegras
      (offset is 37mm) from tire rack, sporting 205/50's. also purchased h&r 15mm spacers. my buddy is telling me i need to run the hug centering rings, and by comparing the hub on the OZ's to the stock wheel they are a little bit bigger (maybe 1/4") so i called tire rack and they said all i need is the spacers and it will be fine, no need for the centering rings.

what do the experts here have to say??

after i told my buddy what tire rack said he still insists that i need the centering rings. thanks a lot i can't wait to get these on!!
      Ignore Tirerack.

They are thinking that you will be using a version of their custom spacers, which have oversized hub bores on the wheel side to compensate for the universal hub. Your spacers are 57mm on the wheel side, and you will need rings.

Jay

Comment

Just one more question, I had a look at Felgen-man.de web site and he is running 9x18 ET 13 and 10x18 ET 13, how come I am going to run a et30 & et35 for my setup, does .5" really make that much of a diffrence?
        Your setup will fit a lot easier.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by crazyyardie View Post
          if im running 205/40/17 7.5 " would i need 30 mm spacers or 25 ? and longer wheel studs if so where can i get some spacers and lugs at a reasonable price ?
          You're not mentioning the offset of the wheels.

Jay

Comment

so about those wheels i posted...
            Originally posted by ebelements
            Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
              so about those wheels i posted...
              I'm good, but I'm not good enough to confirm caliper clearance from internet pics. You'd have to try them on the car.

Jay

Comment

o ok thanks

i was reallytrying to figure out if you could tell me what the offset was and if it was workable
                Originally posted by ebelements
                Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

the offset of the rim is +35mm and the and tires are 205/40/17 7" and i was wondering if 20mm spacers would work find and if i would have to rool the fenders ??

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    The fronts will mount without spacers, the rears may need some inner fender well hammering.

205/40/18 front and 215/35/18 rear will do the trick. The tire mounting shop will hate you.

Jay
                    I just got a quote and also have been given the closest offsets for this setup.

18x8 ET26
                    18x9.5 ET32
                    or
                    18x7.5 ET32
                    18x9 ET33
                    What do you think of this setup, does a stagered stance affect handling?
                    Thanks for the advice
                    sigpic
                    '89' E30 with Euro S50B30

Comment

Originally posted by crazyyardie View Post
                      the offset of the rim is +35mm and the and tires are 205/40/17 7" and i was wondering if 20mm spacers would work find and if i would have to rool the fenders ??
                      That setup actually doesn't even need spacers to mount properly. But if you want the wheels to come right out to the fenders, 15mm spacers are perfect.

Jay

Comment

I just got a quote and also have been given the closest offsets for this setup.

18x8 ET26
                        18x9.5 ET32
                        or
                        18x7.5 ET32
                        18x9 ET33
                        What do you think of this setup, does a stagered stance affect handling?
                        Thanks for the advice
                        Yeah, those offsets are fine. I'd probably run the 18x8 front and 18x9 rear.

Staggered means understeer, unless the car has loads of power.

Jay

Comment

ALright New Scenario/Request

I've got a 1985 325e with Bilstein HD shocks and stock springs (going to a H&R coilover or ground control coil over setup).

I'd like to run the following setup if possible:
                          Rota D2 17x8 ET25 with a 225/40/17 FRONT
                          Rota D2 17x8.5 ET35 with a 255/35/17 REAR

I'm not adverse to rolling the fenders OR installing fender flares but I'd like some feedback with regard to offset and tire size.
                          Last edited by D_Sagan; 07-07-2007, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Bumpage!

Bump for answer to above post!!

Help me out here guys :)

Comment

Jay... hit me up... we gotta start talkin.

It has come to my attention that one of my favorite set of wheels is more affordable than I thought. So let's be real here.

15x9.5 and 15x10.5

Offsets can be customized.. so no worries there. Question is... what tires can I run so I can get away with a mild roll?

Gotta make that width happen. :)
                              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by D_Sagan View Post
                                I've got a 1985 325e with Bilstein HD shocks and stock springs (going to a H&R coilover or ground control coil over setup).

I'd like to run the following setup if possible:
                                Rota D2 17x8 ET25 with a 225/40/17 FRONT
                                Rota D2 17x8.5 ET35 with a 255/35/17 REAR

I'm not adverse to rolling the fenders OR installing fender flares but I'd like some feedback with regard to offset and tire size.
                                good luck finding 225/40/17. there is only 1 tire in that size, some Nitto i think. also, 255/35/17 is gonna be a hard one too. you should shoot for a 245/35/17 for the rear. closer to proper sizing, and a lil easier to find.
                                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X