Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
    also i have some wheels in the garage 15x7 and i believe they are off of an e21. the rears fit fine but the fronts rub on the caliper i cant seem to find any markings on it that would specify its offset. i can get pics of the wheels tomorrow if anybody is willing to help me out
    They are likely around ET13. Once you space them out to clear the caliper you can only run say 195s before the rubbing will begin.

Jay

Comment

here are some pics of the wheels they are enkeis

Originally posted by ebelements
      Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        15x7 would be the smallest to preserve good response, unless we're talking R-compounds.

Jay
        I'm talking a clubracer's "used" Hoosiers. Road-race comp.
        '89 325i track sloot
        '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Hi,

I own a E30 325is with a five lugs conversion. E36 325 front brakes and 318ti/z3 rear brakes. The rear fenders are already rolled. The actual wheels on it are the M DOUBLE-SPOKE II (STYL.39) wheel, the 17x7.5 et41 at the four corners. The car already have it when i bought the car. To my knowledge it do not rub.

Is it possible to fit 17x9 et45 wheels with 235/40R17 tires? Else 17x8.5 et40 wheels with the same tire dimension? I know that 245/35R17 is a better size but i want to install race compound tire. This car will be mainly driven for lapping, time trial and HPDE event and the tire size is limited.

My second option could be to stick with the 15" wheels. 15x7 et38 with 225/50R15 race compound tire. Actually, they are many race tire available in this size. But from what i read a the beginning of this thread, it could be a fitments issue because of the struts angle?

Thank you.

EDIT: I bought 75mm wheel studs. I do not mind if wheel spacers are required.

911AS
          Last edited by 911AS; 07-02-2007, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I think the 17x9's w/ 235/40 will probably rub on the fenders. The 15's will probably work --- do you know anyone near you w/ an E36, who will let you test-fit one of their wheels on your car?

Comment

I remember that i read somewhere on his forum that some members used 17x8.5 wheels with 235/40R17 tires. But i do not think they have a 5 lugs conversion.

I am not sure if that make sense, but is it possible to install spring pads to add some clearance between the fender and the tire?

I do not know a E36 owner near of me but i could ask to E36 owners the next BMW DE event i will participate but that will not be before the august 20th.

Originally posted by Low Level E30 View Post
              I think the 17x9's w/ 235/40 will probably rub on the fenders. The 15's will probably work --- do you know anyone near you w/ an E36, who will let you test-fit one of their wheels on your car?
              911AS

Comment

it is possible to add spring pads to raise the height up a bit
                Originally posted by ebelements
                Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

I am about to order these wheels:
                  Work VS-XX

Size Im after are:
                  front 18x8 offset 30
                  rear 18x9.5 offset 35
                  Any advice on offsets would be appriciated, their going on a 89 E30.
                  What tyres do you suggest, I want a stretch look. I have a set of H&R coilovers which will be going on at the smae time the wheels do. Cars getting full respray so there will be a bit of fender rolling.

At the moment ive got 18x7.5 offset 40 and the front is about 2mm from the suspenion.
                  sigpic
                  '89' E30 with Euro S50B30

Comment

trying to figure out if i need hub centering rings for my new wheels, here's the deal:

1988 325 sedan, currently running 14" bottlecaps, recently purchased 16x7 OZ Ultralegras
                    (offset is 37mm) from tire rack, sporting 205/50's. also purchased h&r 15mm spacers. my buddy is telling me i need to run the hug centering rings, and by comparing the hub on the OZ's to the stock wheel they are a little bit bigger (maybe 1/4") so i called tire rack and they said all i need is the spacers and it will be fine, no need for the centering rings.

what do the experts here have to say??

after i told my buddy what tire rack said he still insists that i need the centering rings. thanks a lot i can't wait to get these on!!

"Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mck View Post
                      I am about to order these wheels:
                      Work VS-XX

Size Im after are:
                      front 18x8 offset 30
                      rear 18x9.5 offset 35
                      Any advice on offsets would be appriciated, their going on a 89 E30.
                      What tyres do you suggest, I want a stretch look. I have a set of H&R coilovers which will be going on at the smae time the wheels do. Cars getting full respray so there will be a bit of fender rolling.

At the moment ive got 18x7.5 offset 40 and the front is about 2mm from the suspenion.
                      Just one more question, I had a look at Felgen-man.de web site and he is running 9x18 ET 13 and 10x18 ET 13, how come I am going to run a et30 & et35 for my setup, does .5" really make that much of a diffrence?
                      sigpic
                      '89' E30 with Euro S50B30

Comment

if im running 205/40/17 7.5 " would i need 30 mm spacers or 25 ? and longer wheel studs if so where can i get some spacers and lugs at a reasonable price ?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30 View Post
                          I think the 17x9's w/ 235/40 will probably rub on the fenders.
                          I looked the clearance with the actual tire/wheel(215/40R17 17x7.5 et41) at the rear and the front, I found 25mm of clearance between the rear fender and the tire. Theoretically the 235/40R17 tire will reduce the gap to 17mm. But the tire are not all equals. The BFGoodrich R1 reduce the gap only to 20mm. Without a stiffer suspension, the tire could rub on the fenders.

Even if the tire manufacturer specify a rim range from 8" to 9.5". With your thread(http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=90663), it seems the tire became to be stretched with a 8.5" rim wide. I think i will use a 17x8. Anyway i could not put more than 8" in the front.

Thanks.

911AS

Comment

Anyone try these yet? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-BL...QQcmdZViewItem

would they/ do they work? 40 offset?

EDIT: just found 16" sportmax which look wat better for the money, so nevermind.
                            Last edited by TopOfTheLine89; 07-05-2007, 11:39 PM.
                            97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
                            2001 330ci 5 speed
                            83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
                              I'm talking a clubracer's "used" Hoosiers. Road-race comp.
                              15x6.5 will still work fine then.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by 911AS View Post
                                Hi,

I own a E30 325is with a five lugs conversion. E36 325 front brakes and 318ti/z3 rear brakes. The rear fenders are already rolled. The actual wheels on it are the M DOUBLE-SPOKE II (STYL.39) wheel, the 17x7.5 et41 at the four corners. The car already have it when i bought the car. To my knowledge it do not rub.

Is it possible to fit 17x9 et45 wheels with 235/40R17 tires? Else 17x8.5 et40 wheels with the same tire dimension? I know that 245/35R17 is a better size but i want to install race compound tire. This car will be mainly driven for lapping, time trial and HPDE event and the tire size is limited.

My second option could be to stick with the 15" wheels. 15x7 et38 with 225/50R15 race compound tire. Actually, they are many race tire available in this size. But from what i read a the beginning of this thread, it could be a fitments issue because of the struts angle?

Thank you.

EDIT: I bought 75mm wheel studs. I do not mind if wheel spacers are required.

911AS
                                Well first, ignore all of the fitment answers provided in the thread. You have completely different hub geometry.

To fit either of the wider 17's, you will need spacers. When Jordan had the 17x8.5" ET41 wheels all around on his car, he had 12mm SBI rotor spacers, and the front still touched with specific 245/40/17 tires. So, 15mm spacers for that setup will work perfectly. Using that data, the 17x9 will require 20-25mm spacers.

A 15x7 ET38 wheel with 225 R-comps will also need spacing. I'd honestly just get some E34 fitment basketweaves (ET2X) to do that.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X