Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could I fit 16X8 and 16X9, 45 offset on the front, 41 on rear, with a 33mm adapter. The adapter is to go from 5X114.3 to 4X100. I'm running H&R Race with billysports.
    Last edited by Gobig_us; 01-13-2009, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Which one of these would fit on the e30:

15x7 et28

15x7 et25

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
        What about 4 lug with 5 lug adapters? Or do I have to get e30 m3 suspension?
        5 lug adapters are 20mm minimum. so you would be at +40 again running a +20 wheel, same situation.
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

what's the worst thing that can happen to my e30 rolling with 16x9 -20mm fronts and -15mm rears? wheel bearings messin up?

sigpic
          What's Crackiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnaiAh9hbzs
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSh9an26Ac
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgBCQUMOdo
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeasDMXRfGM
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhFVxnNmiIY

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
            5 lug adapters are 20mm minimum. so you would be at +40 again running a +20 wheel, same situation.
            awsome thanks gold. I am going to pick up a set off bbs style 5's then. Where is a good place to buy adapters? Thanks again.
            Last edited by e30s52; 01-14-2009, 03:59 PM.

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post

15x7 et28

15x7 et25

Thanks!

Comment

Asking this for my cousin.... could be just a little extreme

17x9.5 all around. Though they are 5 lug and have a backspacing of 7&1/2in Would they work in any way lol? 5 lug swap?, or huge adapters?, stretched tires and pulllllled fenders. His car is a 91' 318i btw.

Only reason he's asking is because they are at the shop he works at and he can pick them up for cheap.

:crazy:

Comment

Second opinion....

OK, looking at really affordable set of 17x7's 45et to run 235's, but hoping to find something wider that fits. Pretty sure there are some 245's out there, but not many?
                  Is there anything wider that works?

Figure on 20mm spacers? Fenders are already rolled.
                  On GC coils, so I can adjust height.

Advice?

Tire suggestions?
                  Just boosted the bitch, so I need as much rubber as possible.

J.
                  J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

So..lets say I have a buddy that will give up some tires that have about 60 miles on them but they are 235/40 17's. Can I get these on 17x7's? Balloons ftw ehh? He actually has a pair of 215/40 and 235/40

The wheels are et40 or 42 and I'll be running 20mm spacers.
                    Also..anyone have any experiences with the Falken 452's?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodoni View Post
                      Hey jay,

Couple questions, I have a 15x7 fitipaldi/OZ wheel, et28 going to be bored to 4x100, my 89 325is is lowered on IE stage 3 springs with billy sports. I want a tire that is going to fill up the fender gaps really well and also want to pull the wheels out a bit. What would you suggest? Thanks in advance

Alex
                      225/50/15 will work on those. Tires can't "pull wheels out" though, not sure what you meant by that.

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
                        What about 4 lug with 5 lug adapters? Or do I have to get e30 m3 suspension?
                        If you got adapters they would become ET0 at the highest, so it's possible with 205/40/17 tires and rolled/pulled fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobig_us View Post
                          Could I fit 16X8 and 16X9, 45 offset on the front, 41 on rear, with a 33mm adapter. The adapter is to go from 5X114.3 to 4X100. I'm running H&R Race with billysports.
                          That is just about flush. So with stretched tires (215/40/16 on the back, your choice on the front), yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post

15x7 et28

15x7 et25

Thanks!
                            Both.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                              That doesn't make much sense. 20mm adapters would be them zero offset. There's no +40 about it.

Comment

Originally posted by OBEY View Post
                                what's the worst thing that can happen to my e30 rolling with 16x9 -20mm fronts and -15mm rears? wheel bearings messin up?

Yeah, bearings are taking more pain. The handling will also be much less predictable at the limit, because the Dave Point (look it up) is now moved 2.5" outwards. Think snap oversteer.

Comment

Working...
                                X