Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julien View Post
    what is the size of tire for a set of 17x8 et13? (if possible same OD as OEM)

Thanks jay,
    Julien
    215/40/17. Just the slightest bit of fender rolling needed.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
      Hey Mystikal, picking up some 17x9 et 37 OZ Superturismos. What size spacer and tires to get near flush fitment, with the beat rubber? I have 4 235/40/17s falken 452s that I'd like to run. I am willing to pull the fenders out, as the lips have already been rolled flat.

Thanks,

Chris
      lol, 235s and flush fitment don't usually go together. Definitely be pulling.

You'd want like 30mm rear and 25mm front spacers to make those close to flush, and just to clear the struts. Severe fender work will be needed to get those tires on afterwards.
      Last edited by Mystikal; 03-19-2009, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by distorto View Post
        i am planning on using the Ronals i found at the pick-a-part. i will have to use 20mm adapters with them and i will be using IE fender flares to cover them up.

i tried them with a set of 25mm spacers just to see if i liked them.

the wheels are 16x8 and will have an offset of -9mm.

will the IE flares cover them up properly with a 20mm adapter?

i really like the drop of the h&r cup kit, but i don't think the soft ride would work in houston. should i go with bilsteins and IE stage 3 springs?

thanks!
        The IE flares add like 1.75" IIRC, so yeah you should have more than enough room. I like the Stage 3's but prefer Konis, just for ride quality. But it's completely up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik View Post
          Hello there,

What should be a fine inflation pressure on a E34 525i (front/rear) running 235/45R17s ?

Thanks Jay.
          Holy left field question.

I really couldn't tell you. The M5 used the same tire, try searching the web to see what the OEM spec for that was.

Comment

Jay, how can I fit 245s without fender flares?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
              Jay, how can I fit 245s without fender flares?
              Perfect offset 17's with 245/35/17 tires.

You could also do the 245/35/16 Toyo T1-R on 16s, but frankly they're not sticky enough to make it worthwhile.

Comment

So... what would the perfect offset be? lol

I'm just thinking outloud.

Are we talking 17x9s here?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                  So... what would the perfect offset be? lol

I'm just thinking outloud.

Are we talking 17x9s here?
                  17x8 makes it easier, because of the lack of strut room. But I'll line them out here:

17x8 ET26
                  17x8.5 ET20
                  17x9 ET13

...you can see how having the skinner wheel makes fitment 10x easier. Because not only does the wheel get wider, but you have to lower the offset to clear the front struts. Now if you want the 245s just on the back, those offsets can all be raised a bunch and fitment gets easier. More space on the inside back there.

And don't worry about pipe dreaming in this thread. I'm positive half of the stuff people have me spec'ing is just for fantasy mod lists, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Holy left field question.

Ok i'll resume searching under E34 525i. I had already come across some charts for the M5 but i figured there would be different specs because of the weight difference.

Thnx for the quick response Jay :up:

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

I want run a 17 X 7.5 et20 wheel on a 87 325is with IE spring/koni SA setup. What tire do you recommend?

Comment

bbs ra
                        15x6 with et13 will fit my 325is?
                        thanks

Comment

looking at lowering my car with ie3 springs and have a set of 15x8 et20 what size of tire will i need with out rolling? i know 195/50 will work can i go a size larger?

Comment

Originally posted by aundrezis View Post
                            i want run a 17 x 7.5 et20 wheel on a 87 325is with ie spring/koni sa setup. What tire do you recommend?
                            215/40/17.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyene30 View Post
                              bbs ra
                              15x6 with et13 will fit my 325is?
                              thanks
                              Fitment is fine, just make sure they clear the calipers. 195/55/15 or something like that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by whterice View Post
                                looking at lowering my car with ie3 springs and have a set of 15x8 et20 what size of tire will i need with out rolling? i know 195/50 will work can i go a size larger?
                                195/55/15 is a little taller and will fill the wheelwells better. You should clear with a 205/50/15 by a mm or so, up to you if you want to try it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X