Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b3 2e5tEy View Post
    Hey Jay,

I'm thinkin about gettin these:

I have an '84 325e and I and buying a full Lowtec 60/50mm kit.
    Will the 18 offset be a problem for me? I'm thinkin of runnin some 215/40/17's.
    I am looking for a flush mount look to the fenders with this setup.

Thanks for the help.
    Offset won't be a problem with those tires, especially with your early fenders. It'll be almost flush.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimma View Post
      Don't Shoot me..i own an e30 too...I have a question r centering rings the same as hubcentric rings??? i have 22's on a grand cherokee and at about 90 kph my car starts vibrating do i need centering rings or hubcentric rings??? Thanks dude in advance.
      Yeah, same thing. If the wheels aren't currently hubcentric then you should definitely get a set of rings, but that doesn't guarantee you won't have any vibrations (i.e. it could be a dozen other things).

Comment

Originally posted by IsItElectric? View Post
        Jay,

You had originally replied to the post above by saying the these are the wrong wheels....but I want to know if you are talking about the rears or the fronts or both?

I have that front Kosei 15x7 et17 (no spacer) all around. I currently have 205/50/15 HoosierR6s on them, and I had to do a very small amount of fender rolling in the rear to get those to work.

I want to go with a Hoosier A6, 225/45/15 on those wheels for autocross competition only.

I have a GC fully adjustable suspension, and I plan on rolling the fenders as well as using generous camber for competition.

Normally I would just measure at home, but I'm out on business right now so access to my garage is limited. What are your thoughts on this fitment?

IF that doesn't work, I have a set of BBS RKs laying around, 16x7 with ET35...I'm not sure of that offset, but I do run a 10mm spacer w/ them, and 205/50/16 tires without even the slightest chance of rubbing. So, if the 15" tire I'm looking to get won't work with that Kosei above, I think I'd be stuck with a 205/45/16 or similar in the Hoosier or maybe a 215/45/16 from Kumho.

For reference, I'm only considering the Kumho V710 or Hoosier A6.

I appreciate your help.....Thanks!

John
        You would need 2.5+ degrees of camber as well as heavily rolled fenders to fit those massive 225 A6s. Honestly that's an extremely aggressive fitment. It's entirely possible, but it'll require a bit of trial and error on your part.

Comment

18 vs. 20mm offset

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Offset won't be a problem with those tires, especially with your early fenders. It'll be almost flush.
          Thanks for the help Jay.
          What is the difference between an 18 and a 20mm offset. Does the 18 stick 2mm further to the inside or to the outside of the fender than the 20mm? Thanks again.
          sigpic
          "Drive like you mean it. Commit."
          "Progress Fervently."

Comment

Originally posted by b3 2e5tEy View Post
            Thanks for the help Jay.
            What is the difference between an 18 and a 20mm offset. Does the 18 stick 2mm further to the inside or to the outside of the fender than the 20mm? Thanks again.
            18 = 2 further out.

Comment

i have a line on a set of 17x8 et 50 and 17x9.5 (not 100% of the et but it is somewhere in the 40's) in 5x130. I have a 91 318is and will remain 4 lug. figuring there might be some rear fender work needed but tire size and optimal et is what I am after. think 245's in the rear and 225 up front? thanks for any insight!!
              http://www.teameurotrash.com/

Comment

I've tried searching this thread to no avail...it's a little long.
                Why does the IX model run/need higher offsets? Is the track of the car wider? Fenders different?

Currently have 17x7 +42 with 205/40's. Will a 15mm spacer be too much? Don't mind rolling the fenders if need be. Just want a flush look.

what about 16x7s? same offsets work?

Comment

what's the max backspacing on a 17" wheel for the front and back? stock 4 lug

Comment

Originally posted by two240s View Post
                    I've tried searching this thread to no avail...it's a little long.
                    Why does the IX model run/need higher offsets? Is the track of the car wider? Fenders different?

Currently have 17x7 +42 with 205/40's. Will a 15mm spacer be too much? Don't mind rolling the fenders if need be. Just want a flush look.

what about 16x7s? same offsets work?
                    suspension & track is different. However, as will all E30s the stock offsets are pretty conservative. a 15mm spcer would be no problem, that would be an effective ET27. you can probably fit 215/40s with some work to the rear fender lips and flares, otherwise you are stuck with 205s.

If you don't want to do any trimming on the rear flares (you wouldn't be able to see it btw) then stick to a 10-12mm spacer instead.

wheel diameter doesn't matter unless there are issues with strut contact in the front or maybe brake clearance, but you are talking about adding spacers so neither of those are really an issue as the wheel is moving further out from both of those.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      suspension & track is different. However, as will all E30s the stock offsets are pretty conservative. a 15mm spcer would be no problem, that would be an effective ET27. you can probably fit 215/40s with some work to the rear fender lips and flares, otherwise you are stuck with 205s.

If you don't want to do any trimming on the rear flares (you wouldn't be able to see it btw) then stick to a 10-12mm spacer instead.

wheel diameter doesn't matter unless there are issues with strut contact in the front or maybe brake clearance, but you are talking about adding spacers so neither of those are really an issue as the wheel is moving further out from both of those.
                      Forgot to mention I'm rolling on H&R springs with Koni shocks. Not sure if that makes a difference or what difference it makes?

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                        what's the max backspacing on a 17" wheel for the front and back? stock 4 lug
                        anyone?

Comment

Tire size needed/ spacers

Any fender work?

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
                            anyone?
                            To accomplish what? Stretch and poke, flush, big tires?

For 235/40/17, you want ET 25, you can convert that into backspacing.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by eurotrashm20 View Post
                              i have a line on a set of 17x8 et 50 and 17x9.5 (not 100% of the et but it is somewhere in the 40's) in 5x130. I have a 91 318is and will remain 4 lug. figuring there might be some rear fender work needed but tire size and optimal et is what I am after. think 245's in the rear and 225 up front? thanks for any insight!!
                              ET20 front and ET26 rear would be a solid setup. You have no chance of fitting 245s though, with a wheel that wide you will be running an aggressive stretched tire for clearance. 225/35/17 would be ideal. For the front, you can go with 205/40/17 for a more even stretch or even 225/35/17 also for non-staggered handling balance.

Comment

I have a diving board e30, and I'm going for some 15x7, et15 wheels. Wondering what I can get away with running tire wise with rolled fenders and without rolled fenders.
                                Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Working...
                                X