Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does 16x8 et23 sound running 205/40/16 sound? What about a 215/225 sized tire?
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

^why so undersized? proper = 205/50/16. 225/45/16. and i heard Jay say 215/50/16 would be ok.
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I like the stretch......

that and 205/40/16 is the same size as OEM and won't mess with the speedo.
        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by VAPORBLADE View Post
          Will it be ok with Ground Controls, and will I be able to drop the car to a full drop if I wanted to?

Josh
          Well Ground Control kits have infinitely variable spring lengths, so all the way down in one setup is VERY different than all the way down in another.

That said, with rolled fenders you can slam that car. Camber angle will take care of the rest.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
            I like the stretch......

that and 205/40/16 is the same size as OEM and won't mess with the speedo.
            Hahaha wtf? 205/40/16 is WAY WAY WAY smaller than stock, your speedo will read very high.

205/50/16 will look slightly stretched and still read correctly. 225/45/16 will look the business.

Jay

Comment

J, 16x8 +15 with toyo tr1 245/35/16's? Profile not tall enough?

Chris.

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
              Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
              E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                J, 16x8 +15 with toyo tr1 245/35/16's? Profile not tall enough?

Chris.
                It's undersized slightly, but it's a whole lot easier to fit than any other 245/xx/16 (the next option being 245/45/16). That setup will require some serious fender modding.

Jay

Comment

what are my tire size options with a 16x9 rear wheel with et25? will the 225/50 azenis fit with this offset?

Comment

Originally posted by jms16v View Post
                    what are my tire size options with a 16x9 rear wheel with et25? will the 225/50 azenis fit with this offset?
                    Ummmm, I answered that question last week, scroll up.

Jay

Comment

Maybe I am blind but i don't see the answer for 16x9 et25.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        VERY stretched.

With that offset and wheel width, 225/50 won't fit without a visible flaring of the fender. Think custom bodywork.

Look into 245/35/16 Toyo T1-R. Will be easier to fit. You could put the 225/45/16 or 225/40/16 on the front.

Jay
                        The only thing I could add is that anything bigger than a 225 will require some big fender modding.

Comment

okay I just wanted to make sure. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                            The beautiful thing about 17's is that you have a lot of room on the inside due to the angle of the struts. This is why people with 17's and 18's can run 255's and other scary sizes, while people with 15's are stuck with 225's.

J, do you think i'd be better off stepping up to a 17" for this purpose?

Just means i'll have to dish out some more $$ for a set of Simmons.

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
                            Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
                            E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

i searched ronal ls but didnt see the answer i was looking for in the only post that came up.

4 ronal ls 15x7.5 et25's just came in my door. what size rubber is ideal for looks and function? suggestions on rubber would also be appreciated :mrgreen:

thanks!

Comment

/\ 225/50/15's BFG G-Force, Hankook ventus rs2

Comment

Working...
                                X