Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
    J, do you think i'd be better off stepping up to a 17" for this purpose?

Just means i'll have to dish out some more $$ for a set of Simmons.
    For sure, it makes a lot more sense to get 17s if you want big rubber. 235/40/17 is an extremely common size, and will fit an E30 with the right offset. 245/35/17 is even easier to fit, but it is a rare/expensive size.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by MIKe30 View Post
      i searched ronal ls but didnt see the answer i was looking for in the only post that came up.

4 ronal ls 15x7.5 et25's just came in my door. what size rubber is ideal for looks and function? suggestions on rubber would also be appreciated :mrgreen:

thanks!
      Ed (egk2) had 2 great suggestions. Either tire should just squeeze by the front strut housings with around 3mm to spare, and provide excellent performance. I'd personally choose the G-Force Sport because of its very responsive nature, although the R-S2 will provide more traction especially in the wet.

Jay

Comment

BFg's look good too if that matters to you

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          For sure, it makes a lot more sense to get 17s if you want big rubber. 235/40/17 is an extremely common size, and will fit an E30 with the right offset. 245/35/17 is even easier to fit, but it is a rare/expensive size.

Jay
          J, 17x8's on front and 17x9's on the back possible? I can go any offset possible, any idea what'd roughly work?

Chris.

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
          Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
          E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

Has anyone run 245 35 16 tires on 16x8.5 kosei K1 with ET+27 with a 5mm spacer? I'm running 225/ 45 16 hankook rs2's now and have tons of room. I was running E38 BBS 16x8 ET23 with 5mm spacers all the way around and it was tight but no rubbing. Fenders have been rolled. Only one tire in that size i can find is Toyo Tr1 245/ 35 16.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
              J, 17x8's on front and 17x9's on the back possible? I can go any offset possible, any idea what'd roughly work?

Chris.
              ET28 front and rear would work. Minimal fender work for that too, if you keep the tires to 235.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
                Has anyone run 245 35 16 tires on 16x8.5 kosei K1 with ET+27 with a 5mm spacer? I'm running 225/ 45 16 hankook rs2's now and have tons of room. I was running E38 BBS 16x8 ET23 with 5mm spacers all the way around and it was tight but no rubbing. Fenders have been rolled. Only one tire in that size i can find is Toyo Tr1 245/ 35 16.
                That should clear the front struts just barely.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by egk2 View Post
                  /\ 225/50/15's BFG G-Force, Hankook ventus rs2
                  Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Ed (egk2) had 2 great suggestions. Either tire should just squeeze by the front strut housings with around 3mm to spare, and provide excellent performance. I'd personally choose the G-Force Sport because of its very responsive nature, although the R-S2 will provide more traction especially in the wet.

Jay
                  thanks both of you, will def look into it. bf's sound like what it'll be... heard a lot about the soft sidewall for the rs-2's and i dont drive hard in the wet, learned to calm it down on wet roads/highways first hand ;)

BFg's look good too if that matters to you
                  i feel like a superficial girl when i say it, but yea it does lol

Comment

Hi, I just want a stretch look on the car (E30) and planning to get 15x10 all around, just want to know the offset I can use with minimal rolling of fenders, and not hitting any of the strut housing, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by beem View Post
                      Hi, I just want a stretch look on the car (E30) and planning to get 15x10 all around, just want to know the offset I can use with minimal rolling of fenders, and not hitting any of the strut housing, thanks
                      I wouldn't do 10's on the front, 9's at the most and I'd recommend
                      you go 16's, they look much better than wide 15's.
                      16x9et10 front and 16x10et15-0 depending on how much you want them
                      to poke with 215/45-40/16's for the front and 225/45-40/16 for the rears.

Minimal fender rolling with 10" wheels? :D

You're going to have to roll them flat for 16x10's, not a big deal, if you're going to roll your fenders, you might as well roll them completely flat imo. No difference in outside appearance of the fenders.

Comment

I wouldn't do 10's on the front, 9's at the most and I'd recommend
                        you go 16's, they look much better than wide 15's.
                        16x9et10 front and 16x10et15-0 depending on how much you want them
                        to poke with 215/45-40/16's for the front and 225/45-40/16 for the rears.

Minimal fender rolling with 10" wheels? :D

You're going to have to roll them flat for 16x10's, not a big deal, if you're going to roll your fenders, you might as well roll them completely flat imo. No difference in outside appearance of the fenders.
                        this is exactly what i was looking for, except the rims that I'm getting only come in 15...

15x10 in back with 15x9/9.5 in front

Do you recommend the above tires for the stretch affect? Any other pointers, advice?

Thanks
                        www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

15x10 in back with 15x9/9.5 in front

Do you recommend the above tires for the stretch affect? Any other pointers, advice?

Thanks [/quote]

I've done 205/50 on 15 and 215/50 on 10 inch wide wheels on my previous car, now I want to put this same size on my E30, but they don't make 9's or 9.5. What wheels are you getting and offset? thanks

Comment

So, I have a late model with the lower rear fenders, riding on H&R Sport springs. My rear fenders are rolled, front untouched, currently running 16x7 ET 25 with 225/40/16 all around. What size wheels and tires do I need to run 245s all around? I can roll the fenders a little more, but I don't want to get crazy at all with it. I also want the tires to tuck behind the rear fenders.

Comment

so i found some 16x10 and 16x9.5 and the offset is custom to your liking...what would be an agreeable offset with euro stretch in mind? Seems like it was answered by egk2 ^^ but just to make sure. 215/40/16 in front 225/40/16 in back? Does this sound good?
                              www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

Originally posted by VAPORBLADE View Post
                                Hey guys...here I go with wheels... Damn am I frustrated.

So I am looking for some nice wheels, and I have them all picked out. It just comes down to size. I want bigger than 16" wheels, so here are my thoughts...

Work VS-XX
                                18X9 Rear ET? Also - with the correct offset - what is the lip size?
                                18X8 Front ET? Same lip size question.
                                What tires can I run?

Sticking with the 4X100 (so far), 3 piece wheel, and I need to have them custom made. What should I tell them to use for a center bore?

Thank you for all the help in advance!
                                Ive just ordered that exact setup. except the closest they will get with the offsets is

18x8 +26 rim depth (62mm)
                                18x9 +33 rim depth (75mm)

Mine should arive this week already late 3 weeks. Ill post pics once there on.
                                sigpic
                                '89' E30 with Euro S50B30

Comment

Working...
                                X