Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will distort 1/4panel. You can lightly tap on it, but it is rite up against the 1/4.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
      Will distort 1/4panel. You can lightly tap on it, but it is rite up against the 1/4.
      What is the best way to go about clearancing the thing then?
      91 318is - Gone
      16 VW GTI
      07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man the Visionary View Post
        The inside of the wheel... Not chewed off, but ground up pretty good from the strut... Strange huh?! I'm gonna wait til the rings come in and maybe try 5mm spacers.
        Ah, gotcha. If it makes you feel better the 10" front rims I currently run on my Z3M touch both front coilover locking rings near lock. It just polishes off the edge, no biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy2400 View Post
          What about a 5mm spacer?
          Works with a 215/40 tire.

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
            Originally Posted by aworthybrother

Hi,

Can i run 20mm adapter spacer with no rubbing? My fenders are not rolled.

(Ronal LS 16x7.5 5x120 et35)

Yes, but only with 205/45 tires.

Will 205/45 x 16 tires fill the fender gap on an early vert sitting on m3 springs? Thanks
            No, there will be a gap unless the car is lowered more.

Comment

Originally posted by macinnis View Post
              Hello everybody! I've got a nice set of BBS Mahle's in the mail for me for my 1990 325. The specs are 15x7 et13.
              I'm looking at tire-rack and I can get the Dunlop Direzza ZII in 195/55 or 205/50 but the only high performance tire I can find in 205/55 is the Yokohama S drive.
              What do you guys recommend? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks

Thanks
              Don't buy tires until you test fit them. Mahle's have very poor caliper clearance so check if you'll need spacers before you commit to a tire size - you may need to adjust it accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by D-rock View Post
                Thank you for the help in advance.

I have a set of 3 pcs wheels and these are my options. I can change the inner barrel (would the second option be a better choice?

GC coilovers and pretty low, fine with rolling ect.

Front: E36 m3 front 5 lug swap
                Rear: 318ti

17x8.5 et13
                17x10 et 19

Or

17x8 et 13
                17x9 et 19
                In my opinion, the offsets are way too low for use with E36/Z3 geometry. The wheels will be far outside of the fenders. The offsets are ideal for E30 M3 running gear, subtract 15-20mm (numerically add) of offset for these to work well.

Comment

Originally posted by dantes View Post
                  Have some Borbet type A 16x9 +15, lowered on h&r race with bill stein sport
                  I'm looking to 225/45/16. Will rub or not, and what spacers will recommend?
                  Thanks
                  Yes it will rub, the commonly chosen sizes for that wheel are 205/45 or 215/40. You will need 3-5mm spacers to clear the front struts, none in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by 6670charger View Post
                    I have an 88 325ic that I'm looking to put snow tires on. Found a set of Mazda Miata stock steelies with tires on them that look interesting for the price, but, need to be sure the rims will fit my car. I think I've seen information somewhere indicating that rims from the Miata, and some VW cars will fit mine. Just want to be sure before I buy. They're from an early Miata based on pics I've seen of the car. The rims are four bolt 4X100's. I've attached a link to the sale posting.

Any information would be of real help.

Thanks!!
                    The only 4x100 OE wheels that will bolt up are from VWs. The Miata, Civic, Mini, etc. use a smaller centerbore than the E30 (57mm) and as such won't fit our cars without either custom machining or custom spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by brandan38 View Post
                      hi I have 16x9 klutch sl1 et20 on my 87 325e. they rubbing quite a bit on front caliper and strut, I've got 195/45/16 fitted at the moment. perhaps 5mm spacer for front and extended lug bolts? The rear is really tight with room would you suggest spacing it also?

cheers In advance
                      I'm shocked you managed to get them to bolt up. Even with a 5mm it would touch the strut, 8mm is the minimum required to be safe. I'd suggest getting a 10-12mm hubcentric spacer (with lip) instead though, as getting a flat 8mm spacer to balance well is near impossible. I'd use that size spacer all around, on an '87 with 195s you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CLM21 View Post
                        Im in the process of ordering custom 18x8.5 in the front and 18x10.5 in the rear to fit something like 245 & 295 tires on them with fender flares. All in preparation for an engine swap. However, the company is asking me how much clearance I have in terms of backspacing with my ground control coilovers. With lowered cars, theres issues clearing the spring/adjustment collar. Could anyone lowered with GC coilovers tell me how much backspace theyre running or how much clearance they have?

Thanks in advance.
                        I'm too lazy to convert to backspacing, but order +20 front and +15 rear. This is assuming you have normal and not super-long front GC springs (6" 160mm or shorter).

I run those same tire sizes/diameters on my Z, due to the 135i using the 245s as rears and P-cars running the 295s there is great selection. Nice choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Winh View Post
                          Hey guys, so I want to fit some Varrstoen V1 4x100 16x8 +25 all around.
                          Going with Billy HD and probably H&R springs when I get them, as I have cut springs right now from previous owner lol. Thinking of that setup for daily driver, in Vancouver, BC but the roads are somewhat shitty.
                          Will I need spacers to mount them on? And has anyone else ran this setup?
                          Would I also need to roll my fenders? I'm hoping not to.

Thanks in advance!
                          5mm front spacers and none are needed in the rear, though 5mm also fits. You can run 205/50 tires all around to get as much sidewall as possible under you. No rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mab1957 View Post
                            I have a set of BBS RS 005 16" 5x120 et 11. I want to try them on my stock 1992 e30 cabrio with 4x100 lug pattern. What do I need in order to mount them?
                            E30 M3 running gear, unfortunately. Adapters would place the wheels out too far, and E36/Z3 gear would have the same issue. If you find a non-4x100 set of wheels, check if the offset is above 30. Then you can buy a set of adapters and slap them on.

Comment

Originally posted by 87'325e View Post
                              With a stock suspension on my 87' 325e will 15x7 bbs rz et 18 sit nicely with 42dd 18mm 4-to-5 lug adapters. Or should I look into getting them redrilled. Also what would be a good tire size. Thanks
                              They'll sit fairly flush with adapters, but you would be limited to 195/50 tires. With a redrill up to 225/45 is possible, if you're into that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by darvo View Post
                                Late model, Ge coils, linear springs, front perch cut, 17x9 et30 square setup, this 5 lug kit http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=330653 , which adds 12mm on the front and rear stays on e30 fitment. 245/40 tires.

Possible?
                                Need to get down to +13 or so to clear a 17x9 with big rubber up front, so a 5mm spacer may be necessary there. The rear should fit fine. Obviously front camber needs to be aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X