Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep thats what I just bought, now just need to find some 10mm spacers. Thanks for all of your help, greatly appreciated.

Comment

Alright, I've been holding off asking since I was trying to search, but couldn't find anything.

I recently purchased 15x8 kosei k1's and was wondering what tires to run on them.

Furthermore, one of them is et 12, rather than et 22 like the rest. I was told I could use a 10mm spacer to stagger the one et 22 wheel in the back but I'm beginning to wonder if 15x8 et 12 will fit without issues.

Finally, I'm not quite clear if I need hubcentric rings for them, or if I would need to run a lipped spacer or if I could just run a flat one.
      Originally posted by LJ851
      I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

What is the widest wheel, lowest offset that I could fit, and not look weird, under a stock height E30???

Anyone ?

Anyone ?

and how much rolling/pulling would I need to do to fit a 15x8 -0 offset on a modded e30? suspension drop of maybe 1.5 - 2inches...along with a proper alignment...I am thinking a -2 camber, -3 camber rear...caster stock, toe...I am debating running a similar setup that I ran in my 240s...but anyway...yeah any info pointers?
        The 9mm is a .45 set on stun.:mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          The rear lips would have to be rolled completely flat, and even then, it'll be close. Super aggressive.
          I don't like reading that.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I got a nice deal on 17x8" ET38 TSW wheels.

I would very much like to put 215/40 up front and 235/40 in the back. What spacers do I need to avoid ANY problems with rubbing in the front? Standard spacer sizes with hubrings are 15, 17, 20, 25 and so on.

Should I expect any trouble with turning? The rear axle is not a problem - I can roll/pull fenders, front is what concerns me most...

I would appreciate some help.

Comment

"LKQ Online is listing a recycled, used factory optional set of alloy wheels from a 2003 BMW 330i. This is a complete set of alloy wheels, that measure 17 inches by 7 inches with a 5 lug pattern, a 120mm bolt pattern, and a 47mm offset."

How would this fit my E36 5 lug swap on my 1989 325is? 1994 325is gear in the front, and 318ti in the rear. Used with IE3 Springs. Sorry to sound like an idiot but I don't know too much about tire fitment in these cars yet. (willing to roll fenders, more concered about the offset.)

E30 325is "Starting from Scratch" build thread

Comment

Gonna be running 16x8 et30 w 205/40 and 16x9 et 19 with 215/40 on my e30

was thinkin 20mm spacers for the front and 10mm spacers for the back leaving me et 10 up front on the 8 and et9 out back on the 9. Fenders already rolled. This sound about right?
                Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Bigger as in width? 215/40 and 215/45 will work, you just need to roll the fenders.

so just to be clear, 16x9 with 215/45R16's will work with just a moderate roll?

also, what tires would you run? (looking for good wet/dry traction) I am currently looking at either the 215/45 kumho ecsta xs' or the 205/45 bridgestone RE-11's. there seems to be like no tire selection at these sizes :(

are there any other bigger sizes that fit that might have more tire selection?
                  Last edited by MaloventEvil; 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I fount a rim and tire combo for a great price and I plan on putting them on my e30. My question is, will the rims bolt right on or will I need some spacers or something? Also, will i need skinnier tires because the tires on the rim look a bit too beefy? The tires are 195/60/R15. And another question which will make me feel stupid is... will it work with that bolt pattern(i know its 4 bolts but im saying because i bought rims once and the holes were further spread out so i wasted money).<--

The tires are "Voxx" (15 inch):

http://images.craigslist.org/3n03p43...e87515136e.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                      Alright, I've been holding off asking since I was trying to search, but couldn't find anything.

I recently purchased 15x8 kosei k1's and was wondering what tires to run on them.

Furthermore, one of them is et 12, rather than et 22 like the rest. I was told I could use a 10mm spacer to stagger the one et 22 wheel in the back but I'm beginning to wonder if 15x8 et 12 will fit without issues.

Finally, I'm not quite clear if I need hubcentric rings for them, or if I would need to run a lipped spacer or if I could just run a flat one.
                      If you run them as et12 in the back, you're limited to 205/50 tires. And even then, you'd be rolling the fenders.

I'd probably look into sending the et12 wheel to a machine shop to get it planed down to et22. Just make sure the caliper clearance will be the same afterwards (I have a strong feeling it will be).

They may or may not be hubcentric, you'll have to see for yourself. Those wheels were all custom drilled, so if they were all made for an E30 (or VW) the centerbore will be correct. Always use spacers with a lip, unless they are 5mm or less thick.

Comment

Originally posted by tofubento View Post
                        What is the widest wheel, lowest offset that I could fit, and not look weird, under a stock height E30???

Anyone ?

Anyone ?

and how much rolling/pulling would I need to do to fit a 15x8 -0 offset on a modded e30? suspension drop of maybe 1.5 - 2inches...along with a proper alignment...I am thinking a -2 camber, -3 camber rear...caster stock, toe...I am debating running a similar setup that I ran in my 240s...but anyway...yeah any info pointers?
                        First, I don't think anything can/will look good on a stock height E30. Your opinion may differ, but personal taste isn't what this thread is about. :p Probably all that I would ever put would be 15" Euro weaves.

1.5-2" wouldn't be enough to pull off those wheels. They'd be poking outside of the car, so it would have to be absolutely slammed to look right. With that much camber you can probably squeeze 205s on there, but not much more.

Comment

Originally posted by thornado327i View Post
                          I got a nice deal on 17x8" ET38 TSW wheels.

I would very much like to put 215/40 up front and 235/40 in the back. What spacers do I need to avoid ANY problems with rubbing in the front? Standard spacer sizes with hubrings are 15, 17, 20, 25 and so on.

Should I expect any trouble with turning? The rear axle is not a problem - I can roll/pull fenders, front is what concerns me most...

I would appreciate some help.
                          12.5mm would be perfect to clear safely up front. And you can also run 235s all around with that setup, there are quite a few guys in NA current running them on the new 17x8 ET25 ARC wheels that I helped spec.

Spacers are here: www.ecstuning.com

Comment

Originally posted by freeski27 View Post
                            "LKQ Online is listing a recycled, used factory optional set of alloy wheels from a 2003 BMW 330i. This is a complete set of alloy wheels, that measure 17 inches by 7 inches with a 5 lug pattern, a 120mm bolt pattern, and a 47mm offset."

How would this fit my E36 5 lug swap on my 1989 325is? 1994 325is gear in the front, and 318ti in the rear. Used with IE3 Springs. Sorry to sound like an idiot but I don't know too much about tire fitment in these cars yet. (willing to roll fenders, more concered about the offset.)
                            It fits, but they're sunken into the fenders quite a bit. Could use 10mm front and 15mm rear spacing.

Or just run wider wheels, like the E36 M3 staggered setups. They measure 17x8.5 41mm in the back, which fills out the E30 arches much better.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rob View Post
                              Gonna be running 16x8 et30 w 205/40 and 16x9 et 19 with 215/40 on my e30

was thinkin 20mm spacers for the front and 10mm spacers for the back leaving me et 10 up front on the 8 and et9 out back on the 9. Fenders already rolled. This sound about right?
                              Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by MaloventEvil View Post
                                so just to be clear, 16x9 with 215/45R16's will work with just a moderate roll?

also, what tires would you run? (looking for good wet/dry traction) I am currently looking at either the 215/45 kumho ecsta xs' or the 205/45 bridgestone RE-11's. there seems to be like no tire selection at these sizes :(

are there any other bigger sizes that fit that might have more tire selection?
                                Nothing bigger will fit unfortunately. At least not without fender pulling.

In 215/45/16 the XS is an excellent choice. In 205/45/16 the BFG G-Force Sport is a GREAT tire, and at $74, a bargain. Since you appear to be into the all-out tire categories, the Falken RT-615 is $113 in 215/45 at Discount Tire Direct. Free shipping too.

Comment

Working...
                                X