Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im looking to get a set of these for my car. I currently have the tokico kit on my car which lowered it id say about 2 inches. Can anyone post a pic of these if they have them on there car- or give any input on the quality of these wheels.
    Im also up for suggestions if i should get the black ones with chrome lip (similar to my current wheels) or the all silver ones.
    thanks guys.
    this is a link to the wheels.

Comment

I want to run 17's, with ideally 245's non staggered. Right now I'm on 15x8 et 20 Slips, running a 225/50. ~3 degrees of negative camber in the rear, ~4 in the front, each side. Fender lips are rolled flat. It looks like I'd have enough space if I went with a lower offset - et5 or so?

Comment

Originally posted by NickL View Post
        17x7 et27 lowered on Ie3.

Looking for the ideal tire size so no rolling will be needed. Thanks.
        Nice offset. 215/40/17, nothing needed.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy seaman View Post
          im looking to get a set of these for my car. I currently have the tokico kit on my car which lowered it id say about 2 inches. Can anyone post a pic of these if they have them on there car- or give any input on the quality of these wheels.
          Im also up for suggestions if i should get the black ones with chrome lip (similar to my current wheels) or the all silver ones.
          thanks guys.
          this is a link to the wheels.
          https://wagen-wheels.com/products/Ky...e_17-96-4.html
          They aren't bad looking at all, but you'd need at least 20mm spacers to pull them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Two View Post
            I want to run 17's, with ideally 245's non staggered. Right now I'm on 15x8 et 20 Slips, running a 225/50. ~3 degrees of negative camber in the rear, ~4 in the front, each side. Fender lips are rolled flat. It looks like I'd have enough space if I went with a lower offset - et5 or so?
            Everything you said made sense until the last sentence.

245/35/17 all around is easy with your setup, but you'd want the offset around 15-20 (for a 17x8.5).

Comment

A lower offset would move the wheel outwards, correct?

Right now I've got strut clearance issues in the front, so wouldn't I want a lower offset?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Two View Post
                A lower offset would move the wheel outwards, correct?

Right now I've got strut clearance issues in the front, so wouldn't I want a lower offset?
                Strut clearance increases with wheel diameter (the strut is tilted slightly). 17x8.5 +18 would easily clear with a 245.

Comment

Aha. So, assuming 20mm for the adapters, I'd be looking for a wheel with an offset around 30-40mm, correct?

Comment

So im thinking of these, i have a early model e30 so = huge arches..... what would take to make these hella flush approved (im on gc's and bilie sport so hight can vary)... specs

16x8
                    et 34
                    front et = 5mm
                    rear et = 0mm

any help would be sweet!
                    Slamburglars Handbook:

5. Slamburglars don't get stuck on speed bumps, speed bumps get stuck on Slamburglars

Comment

any suggestions for wheel size with negative offset for e30 m50 im thinkin like 16x8.5 front 16x9 rear. but idk offsets well i want like 3 to 4 in of dish almost vip

Comment

Originally posted by that1kidtony View Post
                        any suggestions for wheel size with negative offset for e30 m50 im thinkin like 16x8.5 front 16x9 rear. but idk offsets well i want like 3 to 4 in of dish almost vip
                        negative offset? have fun with that
                        http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          This is fitment #37 I've spec'd for you. lol.
                          Time for number #38.

16x9 215/40
                          16x9.5 225/40

Again, late model car with coilovers. What offsets for a flush fit, fenders will be heavily rolled.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

How would I fit a set of BBS RX 16X7's and where is the best place to buy the lugs and spacers.

Comment

15x7 et27 Kosei K1's

Can I fit 225/50 Hoosiers? What about 225/50 street tires? I don't mind rolling the fenders, just trying to avoid spacers. I need to figure out if I am using these wheels for street or track tires. If I can fit 225's, they will be my track wheels. If I can only do a 205, they will be my street/wet track wheels.

EDIT: While I'm at it, 16x8 et20 Rota Slipstream

Currently running 205/50/16 Hankook z214 R-comps. Can I run a 225/45 r-comp? Street tire?
                              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                              e30 restoration and V8 swap
                              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                Nice offset. 215/40/17, nothing needed.
                                Thanks a lot man.
                                1987 325is - S52

Comment

Working...
                                X