Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    ET 10 and 20ish?

205/40 up front and 225/35 out back, and you're going to need some stiff springs out back to keep from destroying your fenders.
    Thats my guess. At least i have early arches. Still though, 500# isnt that stiff

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Thats my guess. At least i have early arches. Still though, 500# isnt that stiff
      Early arches will help, I'd think you'd need more like 650/700 out back.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

And an aggresive roll factors in time too.

Blah

Comment

And an aggresive roll factors in time too.

Blah
          Probably a hardcore roll/pull, maybe a touch of flaring.

Look up Zimmie's car, he was running 17x10s out back.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

17x9 and 17x10. What final offsets will i need, i know this is pretty evil fitment. Also, tires? Not only am i ok with stretch, i know its a necessity
            Joining the 17x10 club? ;)

I'd say et 15ish up front and et17 out back for even poke. I think I'm going to be rubbing the upper spring perch out back with the et20 10's- It was real close.
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by Omaliyo View Post
              Crap i meant tire size..
              The sizes I quoted are fine given the offsets you provided. Not sure what else you could mean here.

Comment

Originally posted by gk1 View Post
                I got a set of 18" with +43 offset from Honda Accord with 4x114.3 bolt pattern, just wondering if these wheel adapters will be able to make the wheels fit on to a 91 318is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/25mm-...Q5fAccessories
                You have the right idea, but I don't like the look of those adapters at all. No hubcentric lip to hold the wheel, and the hub of the 4x100 side is 71mm (you really want to have these at 57.1mm).

I'd either get quality custom made ones, or nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
                  i am running 16X9's wheels all around, ofcourse rolled rear fenders. i was wondering how to make my rears poke as much as the front ones. i am running 215-40-R16s all around.

thank you.
                  Depends on the E30. Early arches it's around 10mm offset difference, late models, 5mm.

Comment

17x9 and 17x10. What final offsets will i need, i know this is pretty evil fitment. Also, tires? Not only am i ok with stretch, i know its a necessity
                    It's really quite easy for the early cars to swallow 17x10s. +13 front and +20 rear will work nicely, 205/40 and 225/35 tires are the usual. Just a flat fender roll should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      You have the right idea, but I don't like the look of those adapters at all. No hubcentric lip to hold the wheel, and the hub of the 4x100 side is 71mm (you really want to have these at 57.1mm).

I'd either get quality custom made ones, or nothing at all.
                      Thanks for your input, I might give it a try, since I already got the wheels. Not going to be driving hard while those wheels are on either.

Comment

Depends on the E30. Early arches it's around 10mm offset difference, late models, 5mm.

so I'm going with 4x100>5x120 adapters and plan on running style 5's.

18mm adapters for the front. 25mm adapters for the rear.

that would leave me at 17x8 et2 Front. 17x8 et-5 Rear.

sound right? would be like running 16x9 all around. probably run 205/45?

edit: this would be going on an 89 325i...not the IX

Comment

I'd like to mount Axis Old Skool 15X8 ET25 on a 1991 318is w/o rolling fenders. Tires are 215/50-15. The wheels will come with 57.1mm rings installed. I'm told that they will fit in the rear with no problem.

What size spacer will I need up front? Will the front wheel still "grab" the hub center on the car with this spacer? Or will it be free floating and held only by the lug bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by two240s View Post
                            so I'm going with 4x100>5x120 adapters and plan on running style 5's.

18mm adapters for the front. 25mm adapters for the rear.

that would leave me at 17x8 et2 Front. 17x8 et-5 Rear.

sound right? would be like running 16x9 all around. probably run 205/45?

edit: this would be going on an 89 325i...not the IX
                            Your comparison to the 16x9 sounds reasonable, but it really isn't accurate. Offset changes make more of an impact on tire clearance than where the edge of the wheel actually is. Just because a 16x9 will physically come out that far given a certain offset, doesn't mean you can use that data as any sort of prediction as to how your wheels will fit, because:

1. Tires are "pulled" towards the center of the wheel. Your tires will centre at -5, while the 16x9 will centre at +7. Your proposed fitment will be MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to fit.
                            2. You are planning 17" wheels. The bigger the wheel is, the tougher it is to use stretched tires to gain clearance.

With adapters, always get the smallest spacing you can. That way, you can always add or subtract regular spacers to get the perfect fitment. In your case, you will see that 17x8 +2 will pretty much stuff the fenders and more all around. If you really want to after, just pick up some small 5x120 spacers for the rear and fine tune it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornell77 View Post
                              I'd like to mount Axis Old Skool 15X8 ET25 on a 1991 318is w/o rolling fenders. Tires are 215/50-15. The wheels will come with 57.1mm rings installed. I'm told that they will fit in the rear with no problem.

What size spacer will I need up front? Will the front wheel still "grab" the hub center on the car with this spacer? Or will it be free floating and held only by the lug bolts?
                              You will only require 3mm spacers to clear the front struts. These are great because they allow the wheel to still reside on the wheel hub, safely. You can also use the stock lug bolts without any problems.

Comment

makes sense, never really thought about the tire centering part of the equation. I just didn't want to deal with spacers on top of adapters...I'd rather just get adapters that are right from the get go.

I don't mind a little poke, but I can't stand when the poke is uneven front to back.

guess I'll just get 18mm adapters and go from there.

thanks alot mystikal, your the man!

Your comparison to the 16x9 sounds reasonable, but it really isn't accurate. Offset changes make more of an impact on tire clearance than where the edge of the wheel actually is. Just because a 16x9 will physically come out that far given a certain offset, doesn't mean you can use that data as any sort of prediction as to how your wheels will fit, because:

1. Tires are "pulled" towards the center of the wheel. Your tires will centre at -5, while the 16x9 will centre at +7. Your proposed fitment will be MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to fit.
                                2. You are planning 17" wheels. The bigger the wheel is, the tougher it is to use stretched tires to gain clearance.

With adapters, always get the smallest spacing you can. That way, you can always add or subtract regular spacers to get the perfect fitment. In your case, you will see that 17x8 +2 will pretty much stuff the fenders and more all around. If you really want to after, just pick up some small 5x120 spacers for the rear and fine tune it.

Comment

Working...
                                X