Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Oh yeah, serious roll. Earlier cars can pull it off, but that's a massive section width for a late model to take in.
    Guess I'll be visiting the body shop.

If TireRack will ever get the black TRM C1 back in stock.

I can't bring myself to pay $60 more for the Rota SLipstream in this size.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by maniacmatt View Post
      Really? Damn I would have thought that with that offset 225's would be be easy in the rear. How much camber are we talking about? Would rolling the rear fender lips help.

I was hoping for at least a 225 in the rear, 215's on a 9'' rim will have a fair bit of stretch will they not?
      Yeah, not a chance. Even with 16x8 +20 225/45 (which is significantly narrower than your proposed setup) with unrolled fenders I could not move down the road without essentially constant rubbing.

Even with a flat fender roll, you'd need slightly more camber. Maybe a half degree more than with non-adjustable lowered geometry. It'll be a trial and error process for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by stegosaurus View Post
        Could I get away with a 215/45 or is 215/40 my best bet? 215/45 is just over 10mm larger sidewall than 215/40, too much?
        Yup, too much. I don't recommend that size.

Comment

Oh yeah, serious roll. Earlier cars can pull it off, but that's a massive section width for a late model to take in.
          I've done this combo many times. You have to make sure you bang in the weird little nub that sticks out in to the wheel well and the ridge that is just inside and above the fender lip.
          Be careful though, because if you go too far, it will dimple out and chip the paint on the outside.
          J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
            I've done this combo many times. You have to make sure you bang in the weird little nub that sticks out in to the wheel well and the ridge that is just inside and above the fender lip.
            Be careful though, because if you go too far, it will dimple out and chip the paint on the outside.
            what is that thing? mine is rubbed clean. I never thought to smash it in for some reason.. not sure if the 235s rub it but the euroweaves and hoosiers did.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

lol I love how this is the first time we've discussed the nub here. I've seen more than a few rolled into the arch, which then dimples the outside as JiXer mentioned. It's ugly, be really careful with that.

Comment

Kosei K1 15x7 with 38mm offset. Wanting to put hankook r-s2 225/45. Will they fit?

If not, what do I need, or what offset would I need to have those tires?

Comment

Yup, too much. I don't recommend that size.
                  Gotcha, will go for 215/40, thanks a lot.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mnc2fan View Post
                    Kosei K1 15x7 with 38mm offset. Wanting to put hankook r-s2 225/45. Will they fit?

If not, what do I need, or what offset would I need to have those tires?
                    You'll need spacers, 15mm hubcentric all around is good.

Comment

Okay here is a new one for my car.

How about 16x7.5 et21 for the front and 16x8.5 et24 on the rear?

Is a 215/45/16 still going to be my best option front and rear?
                      Last edited by maniacmatt; 02-08-2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

How about 225/50-16 on a 16x7.5" rim et20
                        Thats almost a 25" tall tire. Is that pushing it in the OD dimension?

J.
                        J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

i am looking at some wheels now that are 15x8 with a -12 offset. this car will be used for auto x and track days you think the wheels/tires will stick out ? would using IE fender flares cover them if they do ?
                          :borg:

Comment

yo are 20mm spacers what i need to run 15" ix weaves on my e30? it has an H&R cup kit with offset cab's if that makes a difference

Comment

Hey,

I have Azev Type A 16x9's all around. the Front poke way more than the rears, what is the offset of these wheels and the hub bore?

also what kind of spacers i should run in the rears to even up the poke.

I am purchasing the spacers by this week, if i could get help on this would be much appreciated.

and the lips on the fenders are rolled, or either the fenders are rolled. sorry i can't tell. i could prove picture of said above,

-huss
                              Originally posted by e30e
                              lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Jay,

I'm picking out replacement tires for the azenis for this track season.

My car overpowered the 215/40/17 falkens a bit this season (braking mostly, but also cornering) so i was hopping for a larger footprint this year.

So i'm thinking of wrapping these beuties in 245.35/18 kuhmo XS's. Any thoughts before i order?
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X