Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ ive got a 205/40 on my 17x7.5s at a final et of 5. so you should be good. Personally, id run a thicker adapter in the rear to compensate though

Comment

25mm in the rear, and 20mm up front? That's a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
        25mm in the rear, and 20mm up front? That's a good idea.
        Thatd be what i'd do. Im going to go down to 20mm in the front on mine.

Comment

Just bought a set of old school zenders im gonna restore.

15x8.5 et6

i rolled my fenders for my old wheels, this should put me right about fenderwell edge on a 90 e30 right?

and will 205 50 15 be a good size tire for a little bit of stretch?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
            http://www.raceandroad.com/acatalog/Retro_Wheels.html
            says either ET 27 or ET 38. Do those sound right to you?
            Get the +27 version, and yes 225/50/15 will fit 100% fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              ordered... I sure hope they fit!

What is a forum with a lot of personal revies on tires? I'm guessing one heavy with auto-x guys since they seam to be OCD about tires.
              Grassroots Motorsports. It's a magazine run by the SCCA (I think) and they run tire testing CONSTANTLY for that crowd; the XS is the current time king. They have forums filled with tire geeks like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                im trying to make something work...

wheels are 16x7 et11 and im going to have to run at the very least a 20mm spacer to make them work...

im on adjustables but i wanna stay pretty low. i also wanna run a decent tire nothing too stretched or tiny.

i know some fender rolling will have to happen. perhaps even alot. can i make this work?

its also a metal bumper car

TIA
                A 195/50 or 205/45 should fit the bill. That's honestly a strange fitment for me, as no one spaces out 7" wide wheels that far.

Comment

Originally posted by machined View Post
                  How about non-e30? 17x8.5/9 et56 for a B5 A4 Avant. Any ideas on spacer/tire combo?
                  Dude. No clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                    So what tires should i put on a set of 15X7 wheels that will spend time on a stock car? Range of options? I was thinking something like 205/50?
                    205/55 is the stock size, and maintains the correct diameter for speedo accuracy. Well it's already off about 7-8% stock, so you probably don't want to make that even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                      Alright Jay, here's what I'm planning:

16x7.5 ACT weaves, they are 5x120, ET30. I'll be running 20mm adapters, putting them at ET10, correct? Will a 205/50/16 fit under there? My front fenders are rolled, rears are not yet, but will be. If that's too much, I have no issue with a little stretch.
                      Yup, you'll be fine with a flat rear roll. As Stephen said, you can even order 5mm wider for the rear to help fill it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonslackisrad View Post
                        Just bought a set of old school zenders im gonna restore.

15x8.5 et6

i rolled my fenders for my old wheels, this should put me right about fenderwell edge on a 90 e30 right?

and will 205 50 15 be a good size tire for a little bit of stretch?

Thanks!
                        Aggressive. You're on point with the tire size and fitment though, that should look great.

Comment

thanks! all about aggression

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                            A 195/50 or 205/45 should fit the bill. That's honestly a strange fitment for me, as no one spaces out 7" wide wheels that far.
                            ok just so im sure, when measuring width am i going lip to lip or bead to bead? and as far as diameter, am i measuring edge to edge or the widest part of the barrel?

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                              ok just so im sure, when measuring width am i going lip to lip or bead to bead? and as far as diameter, am i measuring edge to edge or the widest part of the barrel?
                              Bead to bead. Lip to lip is usually around 3/4" wider.

Diameter is edge to edge, and the furthest part is again around 3/4" more.

Comment

Too make these fit i need...
                                BMWfanaticVR6addict
                                8 e30s - 1 e36 m3 - 3 corrado vr6s - 1 mk2 vr6 - 1 735il - 1 525i - 1 miata
                                (the following have been sold, crashed, stolen or parted)

Comment

Working...
                                X