Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damian9973
    replied
    Will it work?

I have 1984 E30 coupe. Will be putting the new H&R coilovers on car. Want to drop fairly aggressively if possible.

Will these BBS RS 17" replicas fit? Please note l am in Australia and it is illegal to run wheel spacers.

17x8.5 et20 all round.
    Tyres 205/40/17

Thanks Damian

Leave a comment:

• Rusty.Piranha
    replied
    Will these wheels fit directly or would I need to run spacers? I have 1990 325is on ground control coilovers. Anybody know how rare these Weds mesh wheels are?
    15x7 ET +10

WEDS Racing Auto Banh Mesh Wheels. 15x7 +10, 4x100. Fully refurbished wheels that look amazing. Brand new hankook tires 205/50 Less than a month old!
    Last edited by Rusty.Piranha; 07-28-2017, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alistairolsen
    replied
    Hi,

Im looking for info on possible offsets for the following

• Stock E30 bodyshell with rolled arches
    • Z3 I6 hubs on stock rear control arms
    • E36M3 knuckles and control arms
    • 30mm drop from stock ride height
    • 215/45 R17 Front tyres on a 7.5" rim
    • 245/40 R17 Rear tyres on an 8.5" rim

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• chanceton14
    replied
    SSR Formula Mesh 16x7.5

Looking to purchase a set of SSR Formula Mesh 16x7.5 they come in a range on offsets. +7,19,32,45,58. Have 205/45/16s tires on hand. But what's the best offset 19 all 4 corners? Thank you

Car lowered on coilovers with stiff springs.

Leave a comment:

• Hershwon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Go with the 16s. No spacers and 205/45 tires all around. Can also do a 195/45 up front for a matching stretch look.
    Your a beast mate thanks. 16x9 rear and 16x 8 up front. Will look awesome. Happy with no spacers aswell.

Will the 205's be stretched on?

Why will 17's not fit. Just curious. Thanks again for your guruness.

Brad

Leave a comment:

• e30WithNoWheels
    replied
    So I was wondering how 17x8 et40 with 245/40-17 would work? I would have the 5-lug conversion from r3v. Side note: have you heard of anyone using the ground control 5-lug strut housings?

The rims I'm looking at

Leave a comment:

• Mazin
    replied
    Borbet 16/9

16/9
    Tire size will need to probably be different, Front and back

Leave a comment:

• elDizzle
    replied
    thank you!

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Yes, too aggressive.
    You're the Man! You just saved me a ton of money!

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Hershwon View Post
    Hi Just got myself a 1985 E30 323i Baur TC
    Looking at getting some JOM coilovers.
    Wondering how a set of 16x8 et20 up front and 16x9 et15 would fit. Would I need spacers? Also what tyres would work?

Other option is 17x9 all round et20 would that work all?

Thanks in Advance.

Brad
    Go with the 16s. No spacers and 205/45 tires all around. Can also do a 195/45 up front for a matching stretch look.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Mazin View Post
    Hello
    Need some help with some tires to go on these borbets
    Car is fully stock
    1989 convertible e30 325
    Can someone help with tire size to go on these rims with out rubbing?
    Offset?

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Project_e30zuse View Post
    Just bought my first e30 its a 1991 325i and it's bone stock for the moment. Looking to turn this into a major project but wanted to know if I could run 15x8 4x100 0offset fronts and 15x10 4x100 0offser in the rear on stock suspension.

Will I need to roll my fenders? Do they fit ? Any not to expensive coilovers someone could recommend?
    Not even close. Same wheels in a +15 front and rear have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Blamfam View Post
    If my searching served me ok:

'86 325e, basically stock.
    I have acquired 4 DS2's 17x7.5.

Go with 20mm adapters and 215/40 tires?
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Sale30 View Post
    What will be the best Tyre size to fit on 17x7.5 ET28 to fill up the gap with the fenders on my 4D 320i 1985? I have D2 Racing full coilovers not yet installed, I was thinking to go with 225/40/17 or 215/45/17 I think the 235/40 is going to be wider than the wheels edge and might cause too much rubbing with the fenders but anyway I'm planning to roll my fenders to give more space for the Tyre to go inside freely.
    I'd go with 235/40. They will fit.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by Vfrinterceptor View Post
    Mystikal-
    Earlier this year in post #9191 you mentioned that the 245/40/15"

"Will likely be THE hot ticket E30 size for those competing at higher levels. I can see people shoehorning them onto 15x8 +20 wheels (since there's so many of them, and a 245/40 fits well on an 8" rim) with pulled fender arches."

I'm thinking of trying this as a autocross only combo for my car (1990 325i, IE3 springs, Billies, urethane bushings, front GC camber plates, Z3 rack) and was wondering how much the front and rear arches would need to be pulled?

Thanks for the longtime contributions to the community through this thread!
    Not certain to be honest. It would be best to start with a higher offset wheel, such as a 15x8 +25 all around. This way you can run a 5mm front spacer to clear the struts and no rear spacer for maximum clearance. I'd guess only a basic front and rear roll would be necessary with this setup.

Leave a comment:

• Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by grantmiller1 View Post
    I'm the happy owner of a 1989 325i 2dr. Still running stock bottlecaps, but now I'm looking at getting new tires and going to 16" wheels.

I have Bilsteins on the front and rear.

I'm looking at getting Ronal R54 rims (16") and 225/50R16 tires. I'll probably go with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires, need good wet and dry performance here in the PNW.

Will this setup work/fit? Any spacers needed?

Thanks in advance !
    Need to know the offset and width. Also, that tire size will not fit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X