Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OOMPH! View Post
    In regards to my '89 325is, looking at wheels that are 16x8.5 et32 and 16x9.5 et45 need to run adapters and I know they're sold in 18mm, 20mm, and 25mm; I think I would run a 25mm in the rear and a smaller one up front. Which ones should I run? How do you think these final offsets will look?
    18mm front, 25mm rear. You may want to add a small spacer on the rear to get the fitment perfect afterwards, but leave it until you see it.

205/45 front and 225/40 rear is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyops View Post
      Im looking at some 8x17 et15 wheels and thinking 215/40/17 should be about right, but maybe I can go bigger. What do you think?
      Even with the 215s you'll need to roll the rear lips.

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
        i have another one

318ti rear 5 lug and e36 m3 front

1985 325e

i want to run 15x8's with 225/45/15 track tires

what offset? my fenders are rolled and pulled
        Around 30 is perfect. Even at 20 you should still be fine with an early car sporting modded fenders though.

Comment

Originally posted by SickE30 View Post
          89 325i Sedan Bili Sports Eibach Pro's with e90 front hats esm 002 16x7.5 16x9 rear looking at Falken Azenis RT-615 215/45/16 for the rear tires was wondering if these tires are on the front wheel as well if they would like larger than the rear tires due to the 1.5" less width. Thanks in advance!
          They will have the same diameter, no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
            Can anyone tell me if this one piece BMW wheel comes in 17x8 ET20?

Thank you!
            As far as I know, no. Only 2-piece Style 42.

Comment

Originally posted by Charley View Post
              I want to run 16x8.5 et19 (5x120) wheels (e30 m3 5lug) will I need
              spacers? and how wide can I go with the tires? (the wheels came
              with 225 45 r16) also the car is on H&R sports + e90 drophats

thanks
              Charley
              You will be very, very close to the strut housings without spacers. Do a test fit, if you have more than a few mm you're good.

That said, the tires included are too large to work on a non-M. You're looking at 215/45 or similar (215/40, 205/45, even 225/40) as the 225/45 is just too tall to work with such an aggressive offset and width.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                Can anyone help me decide the backspacing I need to run 15x8's all around? and is it possible to run 10's in the rear? thanks
                5.25" backspacing will work all around, no spacers. 10s are possible with stretched tires and fender pulling, think 205/50s and 5.75" backspacing. It won't look very good without a lot of additional camber and an extremely low stance though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Around 30 is perfect. Even at 20 you should still be fine with an early car sporting modded fenders though.
                  Awesome thank you as always!

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Originally posted by for3ver View Post
                    I bought some wheels 16x7.5 and they came with 235/50 tires. The wheels are et15, am I gonna be able to fit these wheels?
                    Interesting tire size! No, they have no chance of fitting with those tires. Back down o a 205/50 or 215/45 and you're good. 225/45 with a flat fender roll in the back.

Comment

Boom:

I'm getting wheels that are 16x7 ET15 front and 16x8 ET20 rear. My car is a '91 318is, that I'll eventually convert to 5x120 via E30 M3 goodies. My question is: Will these will fit on a E30 body with an E30 M3 suspension setup? Will I need to modify/change the offsets much to suit my vehicle?

Comment

BTW, this is for a set of BBS E52's... :)

Comment

Hello!

Will 16x8's et10 fit a 1991 318is with a 60/40 kit?

If so which tyres would you suggest?

All the arches have been rolled, although not flared!

Thanks

Comment

Thank you so much Mystikal! I will share some photos with you if I ever get something together haha

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                            Bluebird Bus Conversion
                            New Oregon Trail

Comment

do i have to get extended lugs if i run 8mm spacers on my borbet type c's? if so where can i get them?
                              -Paolo
                              1986 325e RIP.
                              1989 525i
                              1986 635CSI

Comment

Originally posted by dsobering47 View Post
                                Boom:

I'm getting wheels that are 16x7 ET15 front and 16x8 ET20 rear. My car is a '91 318is, that I'll eventually convert to 5x120 via E30 M3 goodies. My question is: Will these will fit on a E30 body with an E30 M3 suspension setup? Will I need to modify/change the offsets much to suit my vehicle?
                                Yes, those will fit perfectly. You will be limited to a 215 rear tire with unrolled fenders, 225 is easy if you roll them.

Comment

Working...
                                X