Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
    I just bought a set of maxxim lemans 16x7.5 et35. Yes, 35. The centerbore is larger too. Right now, they'll rub on my front struts. I'm thinking of running 10mm up front and 15 mm rear in terms of spacers. Can I simply get custom hubcentric spacers or do I need to buy the rings too?
    I'd go with off the shelf spacers and hubcentric rings combined. This way you can reuse or sell the spacers later, easily.

I'd recommend 15mm front 20mm rear.

Comment

Originally posted by FKNFASTM5 View Post
      Hey, first and formost, thanks for doing this for the community. Wish there was someone like you when i was buying wheels for my gti.

Anyways, pretty new to the E30 world and would like to know how these will fit..

F= 9x17et6
      R= 10x17et19

I know it will be quite aggressive but the car will be on air, so not to worried about driving, just want to make sure it wont look like a 94 rodeo from south central.

Thanks,
      Mike
      No problem, I love to do this for the E30 world.

The fronts are too aggressive. Usually people match 17x10 +20 rears (typical setup for very aggressive E30s) with 17x8.5 +20 or +13 fronts, and they're still VERY aggressive. Your setup will only work with 3+ degrees of camber, and it'll be a bit of trial and error. Pull it off properly and it would be epic.

205/40 front and 225/35 rear would be my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by IRUNEDM View Post
        I got 16x8 +20 rims and 225/40-16 tires. How big of a spacer will I need to make it more flush. I'm on H&R Race with Bilstein HD. I also have access to a fender roller. Thanks in advance!
        Totally depends on how willing you are to use that roller. It's already almost maxed out. I'd say 5mm front 10mm rear with a very aggressive roll/pull, but again, you have to be willing to really push it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlescho View Post
          wow....250 pages of pure fitment hahahah this is awesome.

borbet b's 16x9 et 15 on all four corners with 215/40r16's

what kind of tires(if current ones are not adequate) do you recommend and what size spacers?

i am trying to go as wide as i can without pulling(fenders are rolled) and as low as possible ;)
          I prefer 205/45 (slightly taller, gives more oil pan clearance and fills up more fore/aft wheel gap) but 215/40 is adequate.

5mm front 10mm rear spacers is about the max for unpulled arches.

Comment

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
            what does et25 or et15 or any et mean?
            Offset. See the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by e30lov View Post
              Going to be running 16x8 et20 all around, just wondering if i should run a 205/40 or a 205/45?

My car is really low now, tucking tire, however i have a B+G "lowering" suspension setup i will be putting on (which will raise the car up) and im on the fence if i should run a 205/45 to minimize wheel gap?

205/45 for sure.

Comment

If i was to get xxr 522's 16x8 would i be able to fix and be flush without a roll? What offset and tire should i use? Could i fit 17x9's in rear? If i could a may do a 16x7 in front but not sure interested in what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  20 front 25 rear, and keep the 205/55s.

sweet, thanks. that probably wouldn't require a roll right?

Comment

I am going to order some new tires in the next few days. I am looking at 205/60/14's.

Should I be looking at 195/60/14's instead?

From reading this thread I am pretty much set on the Yokohama AVS ES100's in a 205/195. Where should I buy? I am looking at tirerack.

TIA

-Ben
                    Last edited by Miasma; 10-18-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

16x7 with a +6 offset and 16x8 with a +18 offset, looking to go with coilovers and thinking 205/40/16s.

late model 318is - ballpark if I cam make this work or go back to drawing board

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dazz822 View Post
                        If i was to get xxr 522's 16x8 would i be able to fix and be flush without a roll? What offset and tire should i use? Could i fit 17x9's in rear? If i could a may do a 16x7 in front but not sure interested in what you think.
                        The 16x8 only comes in 0 offset, meaning it will not fit an E30 properly. The 17x9 does not come in 4x100 from what I can see. The 16x7 comes in a proper +25, but it won't be anywhere near flush on our cars.

Comment

Originally posted by T La View Post
                          sweet, thanks. that probably wouldn't require a roll right?
                          Correct, shouldn't need a roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Miasma View Post
                            I am going to order some new tires in the next few days. I am looking at 205/60/14's.

Should I be looking at 195/60/14's instead?

From reading this thread I am pretty much set on the Yokohama AVS ES100's in a 205/195. Where should I buy? I am looking at tirerack.

TIA

-Ben
                            Looking at Tirerack, for the price of that 205/60 ES100 you could have a 195/60 Dunlop Z1. The Dunlop is leagues ahead of the ES100 in just about every aspect (it's one of the best tires made today, while the Yokohama is almost a decade old and out of production).

Comment

Originally posted by DrFraserCrane View Post
                              16x7 with a +6 offset and 16x8 with a +18 offset, looking to go with coilovers and thinking 205/40/16s.

late model 318is - ballpark if I cam make this work or go back to drawing board

Thanks.
                              Nice, I'd go with 205/45 though (the 40s will be far too short, the car will look strange from the side).

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                Nice, I'd go with 205/45 though (the 40s will be far too short, the car will look strange from the side).

good deal. thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X