Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Looking at Tirerack, for the price of that 205/60 ES100 you could have a 195/60 Dunlop Z1. The Dunlop is leagues ahead of the ES100 in just about every aspect (it's one of the best tires made today, while the Yokohama is almost a decade old and out of production).

Awesome, I actually edited out asking if I should get those from my original post. Thanks!

Comment

Quick question for you guys since you know much more about these cars than I do, especially since I've only had mine a few weeks: What size wheel studs should I order? I have studs on there now (I didn't put them on, so I don't know which ones they are) that worked fine when I was running spacers, but unfortunately I can't get the caps on my DZ1s after removing them. What size/brand should I be looking for?
      1991 318is - custom dents, loud steering, peeling clear coat, cracked seats. <3 <3

WTB: Center caps for Zender Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        I'd go with off the shelf spacers and hubcentric rings combined. This way you can reuse or sell the spacers later, easily.

I'd recommend 15mm front 20mm rear.
        Thanks for the response! What kind of roll, if any, would I need to put down with that? I forget if I mentioned i'm wearing 205/50. Does it matter if I buy cheap hub rings too, or should I go for the legit gb custom ones?
        1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
        1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
        1974 2002tii / stock
        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

I plan on running 14" Basketweaves (14x6.5", ET30) but I want them to be as flush as possible. I already have the fenders pulled to the max so what size spacers should I run front and rear?
          89' BMW 325is
          Daily Cruiser

00' Audi B5 Quattro
          Swap! - V6 Biturbo (w/ K04's)

Comment

16x7.5 offset 20 in front, 16x9 offset 15 in back, was thinking 205/45 in front and 215/45 in the rear. Not really a fan of the stretched look, would 225/40 be doable in the rear without rolling the fenders?

This will be on KYB/Vogtlands, about a 1.5" drop all around.

Thanks!
            '86 325es M50

Comment

About to buy some winter tires for a set of bottlecaps I picked up for this winter.

I recently put on h&r OE sports/billies(w/e90 drophats) and want to know whats a good size tire for winter beater wheels?

Mostly just want to make sure I wont be rubbing (doubt it will be an issue considering i have considerable wheel gap still.

185/70? Maybe 185/65?

Also, recommendations for cheaper-end winter tires would be great. I have been looking at firestone winterforce ones simply because they are cheap and look half-decent.

Thanks in advance
              Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Help! I'm looking to get a 17x8 and a 17x9 wheel. What size tires for a semi stretched look, and what offset should I be looking for?

Im lowered on Ground Controls. I want a semi-poke flush look.

Offsets are killing me! Thanks.
                I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                2875-C Towerview Road
                Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Also, for bottlecaps...can I keep my 15mm spacers front and rear on? i imagine this is a stupid question but figured i would ask anyway
                  Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

yes no issues spacing the bottlecaps

Comment

I think I messed up. I'm running the Hartge "Type A" wheels (16x7.5) +10 with spacers all around and was previously running on some Hankook RS2 215/45s?

I got new tires and they are the Yokohama S Drives in 205/50/16 and I have some rubbing on dips and some fender line rubbing when making full turns. Should I bite the bullet and sell them and get 205/45s or can I make the 50s work. My fenders are rolled but do not know to what extent

Comment

got a 16x9 rear et 15 with 10mm spacer in the back (215/40/16)

for a 16x7.5 et 20 with 10mm spacer up front, what tires would I need? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                          Thanks for the response! What kind of roll, if any, would I need to put down with that? I forget if I mentioned i'm wearing 205/50. Does it matter if I buy cheap hub rings too, or should I go for the legit gb custom ones?
                          Cheap rings are fine, but if you're planning to see a track get metal ones.

You should be fine with the 205/50 without rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by PiMPMAN101 View Post
                            I plan on running 14" Basketweaves (14x6.5", ET30) but I want them to be as flush as possible. I already have the fenders pulled to the max so what size spacers should I run front and rear?
                            Huge ones. 25mm front 30mm rear, and there will still be a little bit of space.

Comment

Originally posted by jclar View Post
                              16x7.5 offset 20 in front, 16x9 offset 15 in back, was thinking 205/45 in front and 215/45 in the rear. Not really a fan of the stretched look, would 225/40 be doable in the rear without rolling the fenders?

This will be on KYB/Vogtlands, about a 1.5" drop all around.

Thanks!
                              215/45 will appear less stretched than a 225/40 due to the extra sidewall. Both qill require fender rolling though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbolt View Post
                                About to buy some winter tires for a set of bottlecaps I picked up for this winter.

I recently put on h&r OE sports/billies(w/e90 drophats) and want to know whats a good size tire for winter beater wheels?

Mostly just want to make sure I wont be rubbing (doubt it will be an issue considering i have considerable wheel gap still.

185/70? Maybe 185/65?

Also, recommendations for cheaper-end winter tires would be great. I have been looking at firestone winterforce ones simply because they are cheap and look half-decent.

Thanks in advance
                                185/70 is ideal, but the 65 will do the job. The Winterforce tires are actually quite good.

Comment

Working...
                                X