Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15x8 BBS RM's. Offest is about 13 I believe? I have H&R race in the front and FK rear springs. Stock spring pads as well. From what I can gather 205/50/15 is the beefiest tire I can use without any issues. Am I correct on this?

EDIT: No that's wrong. 225/50/15 seems doable. No?
    Last edited by tommyp; 03-22-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

15x6.5, et35, guessing for spacers I'll need about 15mm, maybe more in the rear?
      Also, I could use some help on tire sizes, I'm 2.5" lower in front, and 1.5" in rear with my current susp setup. Think I would have any issues with 205 50?

Thanks in advance :)
      Last edited by Ryan...; 03-21-2011, 10:09 PM.
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
        Ohh, really? Like IE3s or HR Race? Potholes here suck ass and i dont want to slam it and risk the oil pan and shit
        Yeah, those would be the minimum. Potholes here are even worse, we still go low. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by blalor View Post
          I've got a set of 15x7, 40mm offset Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 wheels I want to use on my '91 318is. I've got 3 sets for my MINI (2006 R53) and would like to be able to get a little crossover between the vehicles in my household. :D I currently have basketweaves and finding suitable tires for the track in 14" looks to be an almost impossible task. 15" isn't all that much better, honestly…

I did some test fitting on the driver's side front with the new Dunlop DZ101 tire I got for my MINI yesterday. 205/55-15. I cobbled together a 6mm spacer from some aluminum and it still wasn't enough to clear the strut, so I think I need at least a 10mm spacer. I haven't tried the back, yet. If I can keep this thing running long enough, I may end up running dedicated track tires, in which case I'd probably go as wide as 225.

The car's been lowered by the previous owner; it's on Bilstein shocks, H&R springs (I think). I don't know how much it's been lowered, but it's not obscene. It's on 205/60-14 Yokohama ES100s right now.

The wheels have a 73.1mm centerbore, so I need to use centering rings.

What spacers do I need to get these wheels to fit with 205 (and ideally 225) rubber? What length lug bolt do I need?
          15mm spacers all around will leave plenty of clearance for 225s. Not sure on bolt length, I always forget.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkydriverx View Post
            Hey J,
            Im looking for a little more info on fitting a 225/50 on a 15x8 et 20(trm c1)..
            How much fender work is needed? Im already rolled and slightly pulled all around. Im on coilovers and have camber plates in the front.... Because I know some brands might be wider or not.. Im specifically looking at the g-force sport in that size...
            Thanks man,
            Andrew
            With that fender work you should be okay. The only other factor is spring rates, what are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by tommyp View Post
              15x8 BBS RM's. Offest is about 13 I believe? I have H&R race in the front and FK rear springs. Stock spring pads as well. From what I can gather 205/50/15 is the beefiest tire I can use without any issues. Am I correct on this?

EDIT: No that's wrong. 225/50/15 seems doable. No?
              Even with the 205s a flat fender roll is required in the back. 15" tires in general run wide, across all manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                15x6.5, et35, guessing for spacers I'll need about 15mm, maybe more in the rear?
                Also, I could use some help on tire sizes, I'm 2.5" lower in front, and 1.5" in rear with my current susp setup. Think I would have any issues with 205 50?

Thanks in advance :)
                They'll clear without spacers, but look pretty horrible.

20mm front 25mm rear would be nice. 205/50 is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  15mm spacers all around will leave plenty of clearance for 225s. Not sure on bolt length, I always forget.
                  Thanks, Jay!

Comment

thanks Jay :)

15x7 with et27, how would that look fitment wise again with 205/50?
                    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Even with the 205s a flat fender roll is required in the back. 15" tires in general run wide, across all manufacturers.
                      Interesting. I didn't know 15 inch tires ran wide. Good to know. In that case would 225s just need a fender roll in the back? Or will it require more work to get them to fit? 205s sound like the best bet it seems.

Comment

With that fender work you should be okay. The only other factor is spring rates, what are you running?
                        Im running the factory d2 spring rates. Which I do not remember exactly... But im think its 300/400. Dont quote me though. My fender linings are gone btw. Do you think the I should just run a 215/50 in front instead of the 225?
                        Turbo m30 drift car build.
                        500whp or bust.
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

Its me again.... It seems the spacelines required to big of a spacer 25mm front and 35mm rears for a 17x8.5 wheel

Now I have come across a wheel that will work with my BBK.

17x.7.5 et 35

What spacers will work with these wheels? I have read somewhere in the thread that with any et35 wheel 20mm(custom 10mm) spacers will work. Im looking at running 235/40 rear and 215/40 fronts.
                          "Driving anything else would be uncivilised"

Comment

Tire for 16x7 and 6x8 set up?

I have H&R Race with bilstein Sports. the wheels are 20et front and 10 in the back. looking for a nice tucked look. any help would be great.
                            Eric
                            Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
                            http://raceskids.com/

Comment

I've got Rota Slipstreams 16x8 et20 cb 57.1mm

I just put them on yesterday, and the top of the rim is very close to the strut housing. There's a little under a centimeter between them.

Should I be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy348 View Post
                                I've got Rota Slipstreams 16x8 et20 cb 57.1mm

I just put them on yesterday, and the top of the rim is very close to the strut housing. There's a little under a centimeter between them.

Should I be worried?
                                No , There is no movement unless your wheel bearings are bad.
                                Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
                                http://raceskids.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X