Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
    i'm looking to replace my stock 14" basketweaves with 17x7.5" borbet type C with falken 912 wheels. (205) i'm running bilstein sport shocks and h&r race springs with the e92 drop hats on a late model 325is. will i have rubbing issues? will i need to get my fenders rolled?

thx for this!!
    Need to know the offset of them. IIRC they came in +20 as well as +35 and I have very different advice depending on which version you found.

Comment

Originally posted by mayko View Post
      Mystikal,
      I have 205/50 on 16x8.5 et32 and 225/45 on 16x9.5. What adapters do you recommend? I have seen other guys running the 16x8.5's front and rear with 20mm adapters but with 195/45 tires. I foresee clearance issues, if I copy the same set up, since those tires are far more stretched than what I have. I have a late model car, lowered, and do plan on doing some fender work. Please advise, thanks.
      What's the rear offset?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        What's the rear offset?
        Rears are 16x9.5 et 38. Thanks

Comment

I am looking into getting 16 x 9 keskin kt1s. I know from reading some threads that the et had to be a certain size to clear the front brake setup. What is this et because the et of these wheels is 15.

Also would 205/50/16 work on an e30 lowered on JOM coilovers? I do plan on rolling my fenders, but not pulling. If this tire size would be too stretched or not a big enough sidewall please let me know. I really was trying to stay away from 55 series tires because a friend of mine has them and I think they look too beefy for an e30.

Also is anyone on here running these wheels in 16 x 9 because ive seen a bunch of the 17s but im interested in 16s.

Thanks

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajan21 View Post
            Would 17x8" wheels with 20mm offset and 235/40R17 tires fit on an E30 with an E30 M3 5-lug swap? What kind of fender rolling and/or spacer would be needed?
            How about 17x7.5", ET35 with 235/40R17? Again, what kind of fender pulling/rolling and spacers?
            Last edited by bubbajan21; 06-12-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

hi there
              I need some help, I've searched but can't find a definite answer. I'm doing a 5lug swap (e36 m3 front and z3m rear). What wheels and size and ET should I be looking for? I want a wheel similar to bbs style 5 like 17' x 8 maybe but they need to clear de e36 setup without crazy mods to the fenders..

THANKS !! :)
              e30 325is

MODS:
              s52 obd2 swap
              Z3 M 5 lug conversion
              Apex 17' wheels

Comment

I'm looking into getting new wheels they are 15's

15x8 et13 up front and 15x8.5 et06 Tires: 195/45/15

Will I have any clearance issues clearing the calipper or rubbing?

Thanks!
                Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Need wider contact patch.

Mystikal, et al.,

Current setup:
                  • 1987 325is w/ 4-bolt hubs
                  • Bilstein Sport front
                  • Koni SA rear
                  • H&R Race springs
                  • Racing Dynamics sways - 22mm front / 19mm rear
                  • E30 M3 camber bushings
                  • Dinan fixed camber plates - 3°
                  • UUC BBK (see attached fitment template)

I want to stay with 16" rims.

Is it possible to run 235s? What offset will allow the widest tire width?

Attached Files
                  I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Need some help - i'm a complete noob when it comes to wheels and fitment:

I'll be running filled-and-drilled 16x8 et23 style 5s (from an e38 ) with 5mm spacers on my 318is, lowered on IE3 springs. I've got 205/50/16 Falken Ziex tires to mount, but really want to go wider to avoid the stretched look, and gain a larger contact patch. Ideally I would go 215/45/16. I don't want to roll my fenders, though! Any thoughts on whether or not this it's possible to run 215/45/16 without rolling fenders? a 40 series tire might work, but i'd like to keep the ride height as high as possible - I already scrape too much!

Thoughts? Thanks!
                    Last edited by misterTT; 06-13-2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by misterTT View Post
                      Need some help - i'm a complete noob when it comes to wheels and fitment:

I'll be running filled-and-drilled 16x8 et23 style 5s (from an e38) with 5mm spacers on my 318is, lowered on IE3 springs. I've got 205/50/16 Falken Ziex tires to mount, but really want to go wider to avoid the stretched look, and gain a larger contact patch. Ideally I would go 215/45/16. I don't want to roll my fenders, though! Any thoughts on whether or not this it's possible to run 215/45/16 without rolling fenders? a 40 series tire might work, but i'd like to keep the ride height as high as possible - I already scrape too much!

Thoughts? Thanks!
                      I have 205/50/16s on 16X8 ET25. I had to roll the fronts. Once I did, the 245/45/16 Falken Azenis RT615s didn't rub, either.
                      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by mayko View Post
                        Rears are 16x9.5 et 38. Thanks
                        20mm adapters all around, and the tires are just too big. You can make them work if you're willing to REALLY work the rear arches, but for the normal person I'd say downsize the tires. 205/45 front 225/40 rear.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredguy View Post
                          I am looking into getting 16 x 9 keskin kt1s. I know from reading some threads that the et had to be a certain size to clear the front brake setup. What is this et because the et of these wheels is 15.

Also would 205/50/16 work on an e30 lowered on JOM coilovers? I do plan on rolling my fenders, but not pulling. If this tire size would be too stretched or not a big enough sidewall please let me know. I really was trying to stay away from 55 series tires because a friend of mine has them and I think they look too beefy for an e30.

Also is anyone on here running these wheels in 16 x 9 because ive seen a bunch of the 17s but im interested in 16s.

Thanks
                          They're +15, and that's the correct version, but you'll still need spacers to clear the struts. 3-5mm is fine.

205/45/16 tires are what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajan21 View Post
                            How about 17x7.5", ET35 with 235/40R17? Again, what kind of fender pulling/rolling and spacers?
                            Going to need a test fit to see if they will clear without spacers. They just should, but if the tires run wide or have abnormally large curb protection then you will need small spacers on the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuzo View Post
                              hi there
                              I need some help, I've searched but can't find a definite answer. I'm doing a 5lug swap (e36 m3 front and z3m rear). What wheels and size and ET should I be looking for? I want a wheel similar to bbs style 5 like 17' x 8 maybe but they need to clear de e36 setup without crazy mods to the fenders..

THANKS !! :)
                              +30 to +42 offset wheels, give or take a bit.

Note that your offsets are going to be all out of whack if you're using Z3M axles. You'll need 15-20mm spacers on the rear to even out any non-staggered wheel setup.

Comment

Originally posted by cbouchez View Post
                                I'm looking into getting new wheels they are 15's

15x8 et13 up front and 15x8.5 et06 Tires: 195/45/15

Will I have any clearance issues clearing the calipper or rubbing?

Thanks!
                                Caliper clearance is more a factor of wheel design than specifications. You'll have to test fit them, unless they're widened RMs (paypal me $20 if I'm right :p) in which case they clear fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X