Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im am wondering if konig remember wheels: 16x7, et20 would fit on my lowered e30. I have the H&R Sport, Bilstein suspension combo. Also what type of lug nuts would I need to run these wheels. Also wondering if you have any opinions on which wheels are better: konig remembers or esm 002's?

Thanks

Comment

Paging Mr. Mystikal to the white courtesy phone:

Car: 1989 325i with no modifications to the fenders
      Suspension: Bilstein HDs with IE stage 3 springs

I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger on a set of Schmidt Revolution Modern Line wheels. The options I'm struggling with are (here is where I need your input) -

Option 1: All 4 wheels 16x9 et15 4x100. Tunershop says these will fit fine with no rubbing and no spacers needed but...will there be any poke out from the fenders? Will the rears poke also? I want a flush look all around. Which leads me to...

Option 2: Fronts 7.5" et25 with 9" et15 rears. Would this give me more of a flush look or is it the same as the above option since the 7.5" fronts are et25?

What tire size do you recommend on the 9" on all 4 corners option and what tire sizes for the staggered setup option so there is no rubbing? I would like as much tire as possible.

Thank you
      1989 US E30 Cammed S52
      Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

how well would a 15x8 0 offset fit a stock 325.
        The 9mm is a .45 set on stun.:mrgreen:

Comment

Car:- 1989 318I coupe

I am looking to get some 17's with a flush type fitment, and have been looking at the Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 atm.

They have listings for:-

17x7 et35, 40, 45, 50
          17x7.5 et15, 25, 30, 37, 45, 53
          17x8 et20, 25, 33, 38, 40, 48, 53
          17x9 et23, 27, 30, 35, 40, 45

I would rather have a decent sized rear tyre than super stretch.

With so many options i was looking at the 7 or 7.5 front in the 15-20 offsets and the rear i am quite unsure of atm.

What would you chose in my situation? (tyre sizing would be great too)

Theres are the wheels for reference. http://www.rimstock.co.uk/wheeldetail.php?id=44

Comment

Any input on fitting a goodyear or hoosier 23x9x15 or 23x8x15 cantilever race slick under the car? My test fit of a 23x9 indicated that it would be tight but possible. I will probably go with the 8" wide tire just to make life easier. I'm thinking of using a 15x7 with 25mm offset. I think I would then need a 10mm spacer up front to keep the sidewall off the strut. Any thoughts? (In case you are not familiar with them, these tires, typically used in SCCA "Production" class racing, are specifically designed to mount on a 15x7 and are VERY wide through the cross section varying from 9.5" to 10.5" depending on which one you chose).

Comment

is there away we can do a collection of all the questions and answers into like one page? With categories by wheel size?

Comment

I am looking at wheels that are 15x8s with et of 0. I put it into a tire calculator and i guess im just not understanding all too well. I am just needing to know it will mexi poke hard being a 0 offset.
                Here it is....

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Originally posted by Charley View Post

I want to fit 225/45 on a 16x8.5 et19

Suspension: e30 m3 5lug
                  H&R sports/Bilstein
                  E90 drop hats
                  25/22 sways

I know I will need spacers in the front (wheels are 5mm max from the struts)
                  If I want as much poke in the back should I use 10 or 15 mm spacers in the
                  back?

Thanks
                  Charley

5mm in the front, go 10mm in the rear. You will need some aggressive fender work to get them to fit at that final spec though, the 10mm rears may have to be nixed.

I need a little more help. So I finally installed the 5 lug. And test fitted
                  both set of wheels I own in the rear with no springs in:

16x8 et 11

16x8.5 et19

They poke almost the same like 1-3mm of difference. The Eccentrics are
                  set up to "stock" settings. So I can always add a little camber in the
                  rear but I don't have camber plates yet.

I want to run my old tires till I get enough funds to buy 5 new tires.

Actual tires are 205/50 and 215/40. Was planning on running 225/45 but
                  can't find anything under 150$/tire so changed my plans to 215/45
                  (Ecsta XS) Question is how far do I need to roll the fenders. And will it
                  fit well?

Thanks
                  Charley

Comment

You should be able to get some falkens for about 80 something...at least in the states thats what they run.

Comment

Rims: 17x7
                      Tires:205/45/17
                      Offset: 40
                      Suspension: JOM Coilovers
                      What spacer will I need to be pretty flush?

Comment

thinking of picking up a set of esm002 in 16x7.5 and 16x9 et20 all around. iam lowered on ie stg3. im currently running 215/40r17 (17x7 et25) and 245/35r17 (17x8.5 et25) no probs .

i also have another set of wheels that i want to put on the car. they are 17x7.5 et35 bbs rc. what spacers should i run and tires?

whats the best tire setup i can run. i dont want stretch/poke etc. most usable rubber in the back, iam willing to add a 15mm spring pad to help with any rubbing, the rear flares are already rolled. thanks

edit: couldnt wait lol ordered 2154017 star specs and 4 15mm spacers for the bbs.
                        Last edited by FrozenSolid; 07-19-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Found a deal
                          Will 16x8 with +36 offset 4x100 lug pattern fit?
                          87 325i vert

Comment

I have a set of bbs rs's (16x8 et20) 061 and planning on running 215(or 225)/50/16's
                            suspension is bilstein and h&r sports
                            Would I need to run spacers in the back for a better stance?

Comment

Can I fit 205/55/15 15x7 et28 with 15mm spacer all around. H&R sports, late model.

I have 225/50/15 and don't think I can fit 15mm spacers.

What if I went to H&R races?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I have a set of 17 x 7.5 et 25 3 piece rims. What is the largest tire that will fit with minor fender rolling. The car is a 91 vert with H&R sport vert specific springs and Billy sports.

I have also thought about going to a staggered set and running 8.5 wide rims in the back. I believe that will give me around an et 13 if I get 1" wider lips. Will this work and if so with what size tire?

Cheers,

Jim
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X