Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
    I found out that 6 7/16 backspace on a 9 inch wheel is like +36mm offset.
    Yeah that'll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ballski View Post
      Sorry I think I meant + ! derp

Here the info I have:
      Fronts are 16x9 et32 with a 6.5" back spacing, Rears are 16x10.5 et28 with a 5" backspacing and 4.5" lips

BUT I need to run 18mm adapters.

Thanks for your help!
      16x9 6.5" is actually +38. 16x10.5 5" is -19.

The fronts fit an E30 with adapters. The rears will not fit ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Codydog866 View Post
        Can i run 15x8's offset +10? if so what tire size would work best? thanks!
        Yeah, 205/50 is the safe choice.

Comment

I'm lowered on bilstiens and IE3s, how much fender work would it take to fit something 16x8 with a +20 ET all around?
          OO=[][]=OO Zinno 1989 325i

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=257295

Comment

Originally posted by eight~deuce View Post
            I'm lowered on bilstiens and IE3s, how much fender work would it take to fit something 16x8 with a +20 ET all around?
            No work at all with 205s and most 215s. Flat roll for 225s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              No work at all with 205s and most 215s. Flat roll for 225s.
              What sidewalk should I run with a 215, 45 or 50?
              OO=[][]=OO Zinno 1989 325i

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=257295

Comment

Originally posted by eight~deuce View Post
                what sidewalk should i run with a 215, 45 or 50?
                205/50
                215/45
                225/45

Comment

What size spacers would I need to run if I wanted to bring my wheels out a little more flush to the arches without causing issues. Also what size wheel stud conversion would be most appropriate?

RacingDynamics RGP 15x7 et26
                  205/55-15 S-drives
                  H&R sports, bilstein sports
                  No camber correction front or rear
                  1990 332i, 4 door
                  2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                  2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                  2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                  2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

If I widen a 16x7.5 et 20 to 16x9 does the et become +1?

If so, how much pulling would be required?

As the above poster, how big a spacer would be needed for a nice fitment on a 16x7.5 et 20 wheel up front?

Comment

First, let me say thank you for this awesome thread Jay. I can't believe how much you're helping out the e30 community.

Please excuse me if this has been asked before. I searched until my eyes burned but I'm still not sure on the answer. I have an 1989 325i. IE3 springs, Bilstein sports. Note: I'm wanting to put 15mm drop hats up front to get the proper rake. Also considering GC coil-overs up front instead.

I'm interested in esm002 wheels. Two options in widths: 17x8.5 or 17x10, two options on offset. ET20 or ET15. My goal is to be flush and have great grip. I'm not a fan of stretched tires myself but I do like a flush, wide look. I'm going to have a euro S50 in soon so I need as much in the rear as I can get within reason. What would you do?

As far as I can tell 17x8.5 et20 with 235/40/17 would fit with some fender rolling. Falken Azenis 615k's come in that size so I'm considering these. Also considering Dunlop Star Specs. If I can get adequate grip without ruining the fenders I'm happy but I wouldn't be against rolling and pulling if need be.

Thanks!
                      Euro S50 Daily Driver: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279195

Comment

Hey, need some help, im thinking of buying some e24 M6 wheels and need to know what I need to do to get them to fit.

Wheels specs front and rear, are in metric - 415mm x 195mm (16.3-in. x 7.7-in.)
                        offset is et19 but i will need to run adapters so effective offset will most likely be et 1
                        Current tire specs are 240/45/415 but i doubt these will fit without fender rolling

Comment

if i go 15x8 et10 front with 225/40 and 15x9 et20 rear with 245/40 will those fit in anyones experiance? obviously ill need to roll the fender lips right out of the way. but i think i should get away with almost no pulling or flaring.

i have run 16x8 et5 with 205/45 and et20 with 225/40 with no issues just a roll. no rubbing.

thoughts?

Comment

I'm having a really hard time deciding what tire size I want for my e38 Style 5's (16x8 et23 before adapters) on my '91 318is. As for adapter sizes, I'm going to run 18mm front and 20mm rear. The car will be low on ground control coilovers. I'm torn between 205/40/16 and 205/45/16, I know the 40's quite a bit smaller than the original diameter. Fenders will be rolled. Any input?

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                            --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

i run 205/45 et5 and they are perfect imoh

Comment

205/45 for sure. 40 will look goofy.
                                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X