Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17" staggered 8.25/9.75 et 25 for both. my main questions are about rubbing issues and tire sizes. what would the wheel god recommend?

Comment

Hi all,

E30 pre (1987) can have 16x9 ET 20 on the rear without rolling fenders? Car is lowered with H&R sports.

Also, minimun tire width so that it won't be so streched on those rims should be at least 225/40?

Thanks,
      e30 diamantschwarz 325i
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyrmanj/

Comment

Hello there fitment expert. I'm looking at a set with the following specs:

17x7.5 - Offset: +32

Late body style car, lowered on Ground Controls, camber plates, etc. Looking to run a 215/40.

What is the lowest offset I could pull off with only fender rolling? I'm not expecting anything too drastic, just want to push it out as far as possible without having to really beat up the bodywork.

As always thanks in advance.
        $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Originally posted by drummerchubbs View Post
          How about 16" style 5s, et23. I want flush and I will be rolling the fenders. What size adapters to accomplish this? Thank you.
          The smallest available, 18 or 20mm. Later add a small spacer to the rear, as your rolling allows (probably end up with 5mm to even out the stance).

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Fitzwell View Post
            17" staggered 8.25/9.75 et 25 for both. my main questions are about rubbing issues and tire sizes. what would the wheel god recommend?
            Should bolt up without spacers. If you want to leave your fenders unrolled then you are limited to 205/40 F 225/35 R stretched fitment. With a bit of a roll in the rear 215/40 F 245/35 R is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
              Hello there fitment expert. I'm looking at a set with the following specs:

17x7.5 - Offset: +32

Late body style car, lowered on Ground Controls, camber plates, etc. Looking to run a 215/40.

What is the lowest offset I could pull off with only fender rolling? I'm not expecting anything too drastic, just want to push it out as far as possible without having to really beat up the bodywork.

As always thanks in advance.
              15mm F 20mm R spacers with a flat rear roll.

Comment

Hey Mystikal, I've got an 84 325e on H&R sport springs with Bilstein sport shocks and my summer wheels are in need of new rubber. Currently running the

15x7 et20 Racing Dynamics RG-P with 205/50-15 Azeni RT-215's the previous owner was using for the track

I'm trying to decide between a couple taller tire sizes
                205/55-15
                225/50-15

Primarily a street car, but will likely see autocross days every second or third weekend through the summer. In the 205/55 size I'm looking at the S-Drives or the Direzza DZ101. But it seems like 225/50 options have dwindled. What do you recommend?
                1990 332i, 4 door
                2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Hey Mystikal, got a question about a 97 M3.

Running stock suspension, looking to fit some Roadstars 17x7.5 et41 up front and 17x9 et8 in back. OEM tire size was 225/45 front and 245/40 back.

I'm not huge into stretch, and I'd like to run as close to OEM tire size as possible. I've seen the SW thread with the guy running 215's on all 4 corners using a square set up of the 9" wheels. So I'm thinking 225/45 would fit in the front with the 7.5" wheels right? In the back I'm sure some rolling is called for, but how much of that OEM size will I be able to realize with fender rolling? Basically, is fender rolling enough for the rear, and how much do I need?

Looking forward to what you recommend, helped me out on a bunch of setups, much appreciated.
                  sigpic

Comment

how would 205/50/17 fit on 17x8 wheels on an e30?

Comment

Just ordered a set of XXR 521's - 16X8's with a 20mm offset. What is the ideal tire to use for these?
                      17 Range Rover Sport SVR
                      14 Q5 TDI S-Line
                      ...on the hunt for another E30.

Comment

205/50/16 or 225/45/16 and base it on which gives you the better tires.

the 2nd size is for like your expensive summer track tires.

Comment

Originally posted by stamar View Post
                          205/50/16 or 225/45/16 and base it on which gives you the better tires.

the 2nd size is for like your expensive summer track tires.

Thank you kindly sir!
                          17 Range Rover Sport SVR
                          14 Q5 TDI S-Line
                          ...on the hunt for another E30.

Comment

275/40/r17 on 17"x9" wheel front with a 2.5" lip
                            285/35/r18 on 18"x9.5" rear with a 3.5" lip
                            With fender flairs
                            Will I rub my strut housings?
                            Thanks for you're time
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Varinn View Post
                              Hey Mystikal, I've got an 84 325e on H&R sport springs with Bilstein sport shocks and my summer wheels are in need of new rubber. Currently running the

15x7 et20 Racing Dynamics RG-P with 205/50-15 Azeni RT-215's the previous owner was using for the track

I'm trying to decide between a couple taller tire sizes
                              205/55-15
                              225/50-15

Primarily a street car, but will likely see autocross days every second or third weekend through the summer. In the 205/55 size I'm looking at the S-Drives or the Direzza DZ101. But it seems like 225/50 options have dwindled. What do you recommend?
                              You're right, there's very little left in 15" summer tire choices. I'd recommend the S.drive for what you're looking for; it's a great tire all around.

Comment

Originally posted by stegosaurus View Post
                                Hey Mystikal, got a question about a 97 M3.

Running stock suspension, looking to fit some Roadstars 17x7.5 et41 up front and 17x9 et8 in back. OEM tire size was 225/45 front and 245/40 back.

I'm not huge into stretch, and I'd like to run as close to OEM tire size as possible. I've seen the SW thread with the guy running 215's on all 4 corners using a square set up of the 9" wheels. So I'm thinking 225/45 would fit in the front with the 7.5" wheels right? In the back I'm sure some rolling is called for, but how much of that OEM size will I be able to realize with fender rolling? Basically, is fender rolling enough for the rear, and how much do I need?

Looking forward to what you recommend, helped me out on a bunch of setups, much appreciated.
                                It's absolutely impossible to fit those rear wheels on an E36 without stretch/camber/fenderpull/coilovers. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                                X