Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size tires should I run with this setup on a late model e30 with GCs and slightly rolled fenders?

Rear- 16x8.5 et 8
    Front- 16x8 et 7.3

Thanks,
    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nick325is View Post
      what size tires should i run with this setup on a late model e30 with gcs and slightly rolled fenders?

Rear- 16x8.5 et 8
      front- 16x8 et 7.3

thanks,
      nick
      Meaty stance:
      205/45/16
      215/45/16

SQ slammed setup:
      205/40/16

For my BBS RS that you got off me? hehe I was going to run 215/45/16 225/43/16
      Last edited by F34R; 05-21-2012, 10:07 PM.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I think I have everything pretty much sorted for spacers but here we go:

Artec 3pc MI
        17x8/9
        4x100
        et38
        CB: don't know right now(does not matter)

Getting Motorsport studs and nuts 75mm bullet nose.

Car info:
        GC coilovers, shortened housings(worried tire will rub on adjuster nut)

15mm hubcentric front spacer and 12mm R(any advice for more flush would be good) You can notice how the rear Rotas could use 5-8mm more. I was hoping to solve that with the 17x9 in the back by poking a TINY bit more than the front to go a bit more aggressive.

Here is what my car looks like right now, I love the flush look of the et20 rotas(16" e30 fitment)

I am going for that with these 17''s, fenders are not an issue. I own a sawzall and I am handy with my Miller welder ;)

Tires I want to run:

225/40/17 235/40/17

Notes:
        Worried about tires rubbing on the front spring adjuster nut and clearance of the front UUC BBK setup.

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
          BMW Style 4's
          16x8
          et23
          225/50

Will it fit?
          Redrill? 5 lug? Adapters?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick325is View Post
            What size tires should I run with this setup on a late model e30 with GCs and slightly rolled fenders?

Rear- 16x8.5 et 8
            Front- 16x8 et 7.3

Thanks,
            Nick
            You will be maxed out on the rear with a 205/45. I'd suggest using that size all around.

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
              I think I have everything pretty much sorted for spacers but here we go:

Artec 3pc MI
              17x8/9
              4x100
              et38
              CB: don't know right now(does not matter)

Getting Motorsport studs and nuts 75mm bullet nose.

Car info:
              GC coilovers, shortened housings(worried tire will rub on adjuster nut)

15mm hubcentric front spacer and 12mm R(any advice for more flush would be good) You can notice how the rear Rotas could use 5-8mm more. I was hoping to solve that with the 17x9 in the back by poking a TINY bit more than the front to go a bit more aggressive.

Here is what my car looks like right now, I love the flush look of the et20 rotas(16" e30 fitment)

I am going for that with these 17''s, fenders are not an issue. I own a sawzall and I am handy with my Miller welder ;)

Tires I want to run:

225/40/17 235/40/17

Notes:
              Worried about tires rubbing on the front spring adjuster nut and clearance of the front UUC BBK setup.
              I agree with your 15mm/12mm setup. 225/40s are just about nonexistent. Either 215/40 or 235/40 for the fronts.

Comment

Last one lol
                16x8
                +20
                Bav auto lowering springs, soon to be coilovers
                Prefer square, but can handle a slight stagger.
                Need some meat for the m50 in the rear, what sizes do you suggest :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  I agree with your 15mm/12mm setup. 225/40s are just about nonexistent. Either 215/40 or 235/40 for the fronts.
                  I did not even look up the 225, figured it was common since 16" can get that size all day.

How much stretch would the 215 have? and would 235 (F) and 245 (R) be over kill? 40 profile of course. I don't like the look of rubber band tires. But a 215 on a 8" would not be bad though, just thinking outloud. thanks for the info. The 215 would allow more tire clearance vs the 325 in the front though.

Also settled on the Yoko S-drives for a daily tires. Still looking around for a 15-16" that I will use for track days(toyo 888 225/50/whatever)
                  Last edited by F34R; 05-22-2012, 03:15 PM.

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Fr: 17x7.5 +41 (RC 040)
                    Rr: 17x8 +20 (RC 090)

Will be running 18mm adapters. Lowered on GE coils w 1.25" sectioned strut tube. Questions are what tires to run with a hint of stretch, and any rolling of the fenders?
                    - Greg
                    α Team Founding Member
                    1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                    2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      You will be maxed out on the rear with a 205/45. I'd suggest using that size all around.
                      What tires do you recommend in a 205/45/16?

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Apex wheels with stock suspension (gc coilover to come in the next month or two). 235 Toyo Proxy R1Rs all around. I know the rears will have to be rolled but do I need to pick up camber plates for the front?
                        ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
                        Originally posted by blunttech
                        I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
                        Build Thread?

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
                          Last one lol
                          16x8
                          +20
                          Bav auto lowering springs, soon to be coilovers
                          Prefer square, but can handle a slight stagger.
                          Need some meat for the m50 in the rear, what sizes do you suggest :)
                          225/45. You'll find stickier tires in 215/45 however.

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                            I did not even look up the 225, figured it was common since 16" can get that size all day.

How much stretch would the 215 have? and would 235 (F) and 245 (R) be over kill? 40 profile of course. I don't like the look of rubber band tires. But a 215 on a 8" would not be bad though, just thinking outloud. thanks for the info. The 215 would allow more tire clearance vs the 325 in the front though.

Also settled on the Yoko S-drives for a daily tires. Still looking around for a 15-16" that I will use for track days(toyo 888 225/50/whatever)
                            235/245 is possible if you're bending quarter sheetmetal (as you said you were willing to do).

Comment

Originally posted by gergpez View Post
                              Fr: 17x7.5 +41 (RC 040)
                              Rr: 17x8 +20 (RC 090)

Will be running 18mm adapters. Lowered on GE coils w 1.25" sectioned strut tube. Questions are what tires to run with a hint of stretch, and any rolling of the fenders?
                              Your front-rear stance will be WAY off. You'll probably want at least a 15mm spacer in addition to the adapter.

Also, you will have quite a bit of stretch as well as undersized diameter to fit the rears, in addition to a flat fender roll.

Basically, I don't think your setup is what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick325is View Post
                                What tires do you recommend in a 205/45/16?

Thanks for all your help!
                                No idea, use Tirerack's surveys and tests for decent info.

Comment

Working...
                                X