Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious to know if I can run 16x9 +15 all around, just dont know what tire size will close the gap much as possible? Sitting on Jom, no adjusters in the rear
    Last edited by alpineII_dirty; 01-22-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Hi IM NEW ON THE E30 !! :/ and I need help figuring out what kind of wheels I can put my 1990 BMW 325i E30 bought recently , I do not want anything that looks small or very big, I have about 900 dollars (wheels ) , also what kind of coil overs suspension will be good to buy , i don't need my car for racing or drifting just something that looks cool nice and clean ... thanks if i go 16" what will be a good setup and same if i go 17"

Comment

Originally posted by wenbeaver89 View Post
        Ok I have a set of 16x7 rota's that i plan on mounting on an 87 with eibach suspension. wondering what spacers i need to fit these on and what is a good size tire to use? I'd like to get 225/45s. i got a turbo'd m50 so traction is a problem so the bigger the tire i can get under the better. I'm planning on going with the bfg gforce kdw. Also on the wheel it say offset: 40, and i measured the backspacing and its 5 and 9/16! Any input?
        Any Help???

Comment

Originally posted by wenbeaver89 View Post
          Ok I have a set of 16x7 rota's that i plan on mounting on an 87 with eibach suspension. wondering what spacers i need to fit these on and what is a good size tire to use? I'd like to get 225/45s. i got a turbo'd m50 so traction is a problem so the bigger the tire i can get under the better. I'm planning on going with the bfg gforce kdw. Also on the wheel it say offset: 40, and i measured the backspacing and its 5 and 9/16! Any input?
          20mm spacers all around will fit the 225/45s nicely. I'd suggest looking at the brand new Dunlop ZII, they actually made it in 225/45/16 which is a size that was dying quickly. Should be the stickiest dry street tire out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CircuitMonster View Post
            Will bbs rs 16x8 et 11 and 16x9 et 8 fit with the 18mm or greater adapters? Also what tires would work well? I have my fenders rolled but not pulled.
            Those are re-drill perfect but too aggressive for use with adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
              Need to run this by the Guru before I make a purchase. I want to put some meat under the car, looking for a wide stance and traction to accommodate my swap. Due to some wrinkles I will be adding flares so making the size fit inside the stock fenders, rolled or not isn;t an issue.

16x9 et 0
              265/45r16

in all for corners.

Will I have any fitment issues or need for spacers.

Thanks,
              They'll safely clear the suspension. Fender work will be dramatic due to both the section width and diameter but you probably know all that.

Comment

Originally posted by alpineII_dirty View Post
                Curious to know if I can run 16x9 +15 all around, just dont know what tire size will close the gap much as possible? Sitting on Jom, no adjusters in the rear
                3-5mm front spacers to clear the coilovers and you're good. 205/45 tires.

Comment

RS017 16x8 ET 62
                  RS018 16x9 ET 36

& both are 5x130

What size adapters would I need to still be tucking / mildly flush and clear the strut / brake caliper?

I'd greatly appreciate as soon as you can get back to me because the listing for these wheels is up soon.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wrinckled View Post
                    RS017 16x8 ET 62
                    RS018 16x9 ET 36

& both are 5x130

What size adapters would I need to still be tucking / mildly flush and clear the strut / brake caliper?

I'd greatly appreciate as soon as you can get back to me because the listing for these wheels is up soon.
                    55mm front 25mm rear is about ideal (+7 front +11 rear). 195/45 215/40 would look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      3-5mm front spacers to clear the coilovers and you're good. 205/45 tires.
                      Anyway i can run 225/50 in the rear to fill in the gap? and maybe 205/50 in the front?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        55mm front 25mm rear is about ideal (+7 front +11 rear). 195/45 215/40 would look nice.
                        Thank you for the fast reply, what's the highest safe offset (insuring I don't rub strut or brakes?) I'm worried that 55mm adapters is too large (a bit unsafe)
                        sigpic

Comment

What tires I could use using 1.25" fender flares and 1.5" rears, with 17x9 et0 wheels?
                          Meatier the better....

Comment

Originally posted by darvo View Post
                            What tires I could use using 1.25" fender flares and 1.5" rears, with 17x9 et0 wheels?
                            Meatier the better....

Guessing 9s in the front too, and what is the ride height? lower you go the more space you lose.

You can run a nice square meaty 245/35/17(603.3mm). The et0 is what hurts having a ton of meat.
                            I went square setup under guessing they are 9s upfront and that allows you to rotate the tires. If you have coilovers you can tune the height to the fitment.

Those specs keep you within stock sizing overall(195/65/14=609.1mm).
                            Last edited by F34R; 01-26-2013, 03:22 AM.
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Yup, I would like a square setup... 17x9 et0, they come also in 17x9et25. But I was told et25 will have problems on the inside of the wheel well.

I'm running "coilovers" lol.... JOM's

But I can adjust ride height

Comment

Originally posted by alpineII_dirty View Post
                                Anyway i can run 225/50 in the rear to fill in the gap? and maybe 205/50 in the front?
                                No

Comment

Working...
                                X