Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need some help guys..

just bought some 15x6" et33 BBS RA's.. my stock lug bolts are not long enough to mount these wheels even without spacers... i want to end up running atleast a 10 mm spacer with these wheels... can i get a set of extended lug bolts that will work with and without spacers? and if so what length should i get? i am in desperate need to get these wheels & tires mounted as the tires on my bottle caps will probably blow any day now, hopefully not while me and my daughter are on the highway...

Comment

on a 16x8 et0 (sportmax) does anyone have a comparison of 195/45/16 vs 205/45/16?

I love a small stretch, I'm considering going staggered. Any pictures/input is much appreciated!

My Transaction Feedback
      My "build" thread
      BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaE30 View Post
        i need some help guys..

just bought some 15x6" et33 BBS RA's.. my stock lug bolts are not long enough to mount these wheels even without spacers... i want to end up running atleast a 10 mm spacer with these wheels... can i get a set of extended lug bolts that will work with and without spacers? and if so what length should i get? i am in desperate need to get these wheels & tires mounted as the tires on my bottle caps will probably blow any day now, hopefully not while me and my daughter are on the highway...
        And to try and help, motorsport hardware is incredibly helpful and supportive of their products, they responded to a question I had really fast. They might know something about this

My Transaction Feedback
        My "build" thread
        BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

would i have a problem running bbs rs012 16x7 et23 / bbs rs014 16x9 et11 on my e30 if i had them filled and drilled to 4x100? they are originally porsche fitment 5x130.

Comment

So, if anyone has mounted 15x6" et33 BBS RA's off of a MKII GLI on an e30. please let me know what size/length lug bolts you used? with or without spacers.. i need this info and obviously i'm too stupid to figure it out lol

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
              Mystikal: Have you seen a wheel combo that you can fit 275 or the likes
              with some fender rolling?

I'm looking at 15/16x9 et.25
              I have not.

Comment

Originally posted by e30lyf View Post
                what's the ideal tire size on these? thanks again
                I'd go for fitment and stretch them to 195/45 and 205/45, personally. That's a little extreme for some.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedaE30 View Post
                  i need some help guys..

No, if the bolt is the right length to work without spacers then they wouldn't work with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tismael711 View Post
                    would i have a problem running bbs rs012 16x7 et23 / bbs rs014 16x9 et11 on my e30 if i had them filled and drilled to 4x100? they are originally porsche fitment 5x130.
                    No problem. You'll likely end up with 15-25mm front spacers to match the rear fitment.

Comment

I have a 1990, 4dr e30 on HR's and Bilsteins all around. I would like to run a set of diamond racing wheels in 16x8.

First, what offset will I need to clear everything and get them flush?

Second, how much tire can I stuff in there if I roll the fenders pretty flat?

Third, I know they aren't hubcentric so can I get hubcentric rings to help with this?
                      Originally posted by csermonet47
                      Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
                        I have a 1990, 4dr e30 on HR's and Bilsteins all around. I would like to run a set of diamond racing wheels in 16x8.

First, what offset will I need to clear everything and get them flush?

Second, how much tire can I stuff in there if I roll the fenders pretty flat?

Third, I know they aren't hubcentric so can I get hubcentric rings to help with this?
                        There are oddities regarding both brake caliper clearance and hub centering with the Diamond steelies that I'm not entirely familiar with. I'd search the forum for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          There are oddities regarding both brake caliper clearance and hub centering with the Diamond steelies that I'm not entirely familiar with. I'd search the forum for more info.
                          I will figure out the hub centering but the I looked around on the brake caliper clearance and found a few things.So far I've seen some people getting +12 offset on all 4 corners and running a either a 5mm spacer and grinding the caliper bracket off, or adding a 12mm spacer and leaving it alone. I think I will do the +12 offset and 12mm spacers for the front atleast.

Last question, with the 16x8 +12 offset and 12mm spacer (fronts probably, backs if necessary) what is the maximum tire I can squeeze in there?
                          Originally posted by csermonet47
                          Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I have a new set of wheels on the way for my new-to-me '88 325i, lowered on H&R springs. They're 16x7" and 16x8" BBS RS (not sure which model exactly) - et33 with 195/50R16. I might switch out the tires for the 205/50R16s that I already have over the winter when I refinish the wheels.

So my question... will I have any rubbing issues with this setup? If I will, what size spacers should I go with to avoid having to roll my fenders.

Thanks in advance!
                            '16 Volkswagen Golf R | 6-speed | Oryx White Pearl | Titan Black Leather | Tech Package
                            '88 BMW 325 | 5-speed | Bronzitbeige Metallic | Natur Sport Leather | M20B25 swap | 3.73 LSD - Gone

Comment

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
                              I will figure out the hub centering but the I looked around on the brake caliper clearance and found a few things.So far I've seen some people getting +12 offset on all 4 corners and running a either a 5mm spacer and grinding the caliper bracket off, or adding a 12mm spacer and leaving it alone. I think I will do the +12 offset and 12mm spacers for the front atleast.

Last question, with the 16x8 +12 offset and 12mm spacer (fronts probably, backs if necessary) what is the maximum tire I can squeeze in there?
                              I wouldn't do that. 0 offset 16x8s poke outside of the fenders in a bad way unless you're running very, very aggressive camber. 195s are your limit.

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
                                Hey everyone,

I have a new set of wheels on the way for my new-to-me '88 325i, lowered on H&R springs. They're 16x7" and 16x8" BBS RS (not sure which model exactly) - et33 with 195/50R16. I might switch out the tires for the 205/50R16s that I already have over the winter when I refinish the wheels.

So my question... will I have any rubbing issues with this setup? If I will, what size spacers should I go with to avoid having to roll my fenders.

Thanks in advance!
                                You'll want 15mm spacers all around. Should just clear without rolling in the rear.

Comment

Working...
                                X