Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asuj158 View Post
    thanks! So whats the difference between early and late model fenders? seems like one is more desireable than the other?

edit: meant rear 1/4's
    Early model rear arches leave more space for wheels/tires, especially as you go low.

Comment

Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
      Hi Mystikal,

I have spent about 20 hours of my life in this thread and have seen lots of good information so thanks already for that.

What I want to know now is a more of your subjective opinion on my setup.

Ordered RS reps in 16x8 +20 front and 16x9 +20 rear
      Tires 205/50/16 nankangs all around
      I also have some 5mm spacers I can put in the rear

My car is an 1989 vert with hard and soft top on H&R OE sports, 1 spring pad pulled in rear, and e90 hats in front.

I have not seen a lot of people run the 205/50 front and rear and wondering is going to look ok. I have spent the last few hours researching this and I gather that it will work fine I just want to know if it will look silly compared to say 205/45 fr and 215/45 rear which seems more popular (and far more expensive tire wise). Choosing the 50 sidewall was a bit of a practical gamble for me because I live in uptown new orleans and the streets are unbelievably bad, so I figure a little more tire height would help with comfort level of car. My civic running 195/45 on 7.5 inch rims beats me to death.
      Nah it should look fine. More of a beefy look that may suit your higher ride height well. I say give it a shot.

Comment

Cool thanks man. How much lower do you think i could get away with using the 50 series tires. I could pull a spring pad i the rear (~5mm) and lop half or whole coil in front (1/4-1/2 inch). Then i gotta start worrying about tire hitting well/fenders up high? I have a skidplate so im safe down low.

Comment

I have an 89 325i on H&R RACE and Billie sports on e90 hats in front.
          Question can I run 225/45/r16 on Borbets A 16x9 et 15 without roled fenders?

Thanks
          If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.

Comment

Quick q,
            did search, but still unclear.
            16" kopi +5mm spacer + rear = vibration?
            reason is for pure looks. flushness not hella flush
            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
              Cool thanks man. How much lower do you think i could get away with using the 50 series tires. I could pull a spring pad i the rear (~5mm) and lop half or whole coil in front (1/4-1/2 inch). Then i gotta start worrying about tire hitting well/fenders up high? I have a skidplate so im safe down low.
              Yes, even at your current height my #1 concern is catching a fender when you turn the wheel. The combination of tall tires, lowered ride height, and soft spring rates mean if you have the wheel turned and dare go up a driveway you might rub.

Comment

Originally posted by dantes View Post
                I have an 89 325i on H&R RACE and Billie sports on e90 hats in front.
                Question can I run 225/45/r16 on Borbets A 16x9 et 15 without roled fenders?

Thanks
                Nope. 205/45.

Comment

Originally posted by colombacho View Post
                  Quick q,
                  did search, but still unclear.
                  16" kopi +5mm spacer + rear = vibration?
                  reason is for pure looks. flushness not hella flush
                  thanks
                  If they're installed without special care, yes it's possible to get a vibration. You have to make sure the wheel and spacers are 100% centered before lowering the car to the ground. This involves carefully tightening the bolts in a star pattern and torquing them while still in the air (use the e-brake or leave it in gear). This is because a 5mm spacer pushes the wheel too far off the hub to be hubcentric.

Comment

Ah damn ok. I can roll em if it help. My driveway has a six inch roll over curb............ with tjat being said ill just go ahead wkth the roll hahaha.

Comment

hey Mystikal, just to tell you that we'd be lost without you lol. cheers.
                      1984 bronzit 323i // Euro & M-tech 1.

Comment

Originally posted by korky View Post
                        hey Mystikal, just to tell you that we'd be lost without you lol. cheers.
                        Thanks! I like to make the world better, one fitment at a time.

Comment

Mystikal. I lub you. Turned out perfect. I did have a biath of a time seating those 205s on the 9 inch wheels. Fire just ended with singed arm hair so i used a piece of rubber sheet rolled up and held down on tire/bead. Kinda like bike tube method. Even that took me a little while to get right and actually be able to pull it out in time so tire didnt pinch it. Anyway.

Comment

Is it possible to fit this setup with adaptors of course or is it way to big for e30?

(Btw these are the Z3 M wheels)

I'm shooting for as much tire + grip as possible.

17x7.5 ET41
                            17x9 ET8
                            5X120
                            72.6 mm centerbore
                            225/45-17 F
                            255/40-17 R

Comment

15x8.5
                              +17 offset
                              205/55/15 Tires

Is this possible?
                              Can I use spacers (5mm)?
                              Is this possible w/ Billys & IE3's?
                              WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

Originally posted by mattewhite30 View Post
                                Is it possible to fit this setup with adaptors of course or is it way to big for e30?

(Btw these are the Z3 M wheels)

I'm shooting for as much tire + grip as possible.

17x7.5 ET41
                                17x9 ET8
                                5X120
                                72.6 mm centerbore
                                225/45-17 F
                                255/40-17 R
                                Won't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X