Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
    Thank you. Do you think i can get away with a 205/50 upfront and a 225/50 rear? I have early model E30. If so which tire do you recommend? Im looking at Toyo or BFG. Thanks again!
    No, 225s will not work. Not sure on tires.

Comment

Originally posted by THEhomelessONE View Post
      Hey, I've got a late model, Can I fit 245/45/16 tires on 16x9 et20 wheels on the rear with just a good fender roll? Tires I want to use are RE11's. TIA
      No, way too wide/tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Baxter Auburn View Post
        Hello,
        Im trying to decide between two sets of wheels, I want them to be a direct fit with no fender rolling needed (spacers are fine). My car is sitting on billy sports with IE stage 3 race springs so about 1.5" drop.

Both wheels center bores are 57.1 so thats not an issue.

Wheel set one: 16x8 with an offset of 20.
        Wheel set two: 16x7 with an offset of 15.

Will either of these work without any fender rolling? What tires should be used?
        16x8s. Use 205/50/16 for stock diameter and no rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by brbahner View Post
          Hey Mystikal.
          i just got a set of 16x8.5 et15 in the mail and wanted a decent stretch with a lower profile tire. nothing crazy more moderate that anything.

i was thinking about 215/35 and wanted your opinion without committing yet.

Also i was wondering if these would be rubbing on the struts with a gc coil over set up without a front spacer.

Thanks!
          205/45 or 215/40. Should clear without spacers as long as you don't have freakishly long GC springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Valltherian View Post
            Dude, you are seriously SO awesome for answering everyones questions. BIG thank you for answering mine, I really appreciate it because wheel configurations make my head spin like nothing else.

Is there any way I can fit a wheel 15x8 wheel with +0mm offset if I roll my fenders? I've seen guys running 16x8 wheels that have +0mm offset, and stretched tires.
            No problem, it's a hobby that only I could enjoy.

I don't recommend 0 offset wheels on E30s as a rule, but yes guys do pull them off. I have yet to see/drive a car that doesn't rub horribly though, and I've driven a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jozi View Post
              I'm looking at widening a set of wheels for my touring, probably staggered, in their current original for them are all 16x7.5 et25.

My rear arches have had the lip flattened back on itself and the bumps/humps on the slanted part of the arch also flattened to make room. Up front the lip has also been flattened back on itself. Neither front or rear have had the arches or lip pushed out. I don't mind if I have to run a spacer to push the wheel out a little up front, I'll be looking for a bbk at some point so I could possibly have a need for a spacer if I don't have enough clearance.

Suspension is a set of bc racing coilovers with stock 6kg spring but I might got for something slightly stiffer. Also have adjustable camber front/rear but preffer to run within spec (or similar to M3) I'll be lowered but I doubt I'll go crazy low except maybe for shows.

I'm hoping not to have to run stretched tires or at least not to big of a stretch. Something like a 225/45 on a 9J and maybe a 205/50 on 8J.

I haven't got new dishes yet and haven't got the shell ready for fitting wheels and trying to work out how wide I can go. From my calculations I can widen to this: 8J ET18, 8.5J ET12, 9J ET6, 9.5J ET0

But I've no idea what will or won't fit up front or out back. I'm hoping for 8J/9J F/R or maybe half an inch wider if this is possible? And I guess it also comes down to tire choice as well?
              This is the most detailed inquiry I can remember.

I'd suggest either:

A) Keep the fronts the same and widen the rears to 16x8 +18. This will let you run the wider tires you like while maintaining good clearance. 205/50 225/45.

B) Widen the fronts to 16x8 +18 and the rears to 16x8.5 +12. 205/45 215/45.

I think the second setup will look better, but will cost substantially more in wheel parts and will perhaps have more stretch than you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by 13bpower View Post
                Tire size for 15x8 et20 and minimal roll? 91 325i.
                225/45 for performance/width.

Comment

Originally posted by serdar255 View Post
                  Track wheels ???

15x7 et25 225/45/15
                  Stock fenders/no rolling either

Oh and it's a late model

Should I have any problems?
                  Lots of space.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    This is the most detailed inquiry I can remember.

I'd suggest either:

A) Keep the fronts the same and widen the rears to 16x8 +18. This will let you run the wider tires you like while maintaining good clearance. 205/50 225/45.

B) Widen the fronts to 16x8 +18 and the rears to 16x8.5 +12. 205/45 215/45.

I think the second setup will look better, but will cost substantially more in wheel parts and will perhaps have more stretch than you wanted.
                    Haha, just making sure you know my situation :) And you do awesome work on here so I put in some effort.

You don't think a 9J will work at all? I could live with 8.5J rears and a 215/45 but 9J would be even better.

I have a 215/40 on a 9J wheel and it's not stretched to bad but I guess it depends on who made the tires?

I've got ix arches to fit, think I forgot that detail in the previous post, so a little poke isnt a problem, it's more clearance I'm worried about.

---edit---

I'm already going with the idea I'll endup widening front and rear and have budgeted for this.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                      What about saw blades. This may have been answered. What would be a moderate stretched tire? And what would be a meaty tire?

17x9.5
                      I don't know what offset they start out as, but fitting 9.5 fronts requires severe stretch, a shitload of camber, and large testicles for when you need to enter any driveway. +8 effective offset clears most front struts. 205/40s is pretty much necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by E30Pacman View Post
                        Will a 16x9 et15 fit on late model 325i? Gonna be running 205-45-16's with a mean roll an maybe little pull. But will I need spacers or anything else? Thanks in advance
                        3-5mm front spacer to clear most struts. 205/45s fit fine, no need for pulling.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenp95 View Post
                          Whats the absolute biggest tire i could fit on a stock e30? Im looking at 16x8s for my car.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
                          245/35/17 or 235/40/17 are the widest suitable tire sizes still in production, and work best on 17x8 or 17x8.5s.

For 16x8s, 225/45 is the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by macinnis View Post
                            I have a 90 325is, with ground control coil overs. Currently I have rota grids that are16x7 with 205/50 tires. I'm interested in two sets of wheels, there the Borbet type B and BBS RS. Sorry if this questions been asked a lot but I'd like to know your opinion on which would have the more aggressive fitment. My fenders are slightly rolled and I autocross the car. Thanks

The Borbet type B are 16x7.5 et 20, would a 205/50 work?
                            The BBS are 15x7.5/8 et 22/15, I'd like to run a higher aspect ratio to fill the fenders so what size would be best? 225/50 or 215/50
                            The BBS are much more aggressive. 205/50 is perfect for the Borbets. 195/50 front 205/50 rear or 205/50 all around is what you want for the BBS. The fitment is too aggressive to run taller tires.

Comment

Originally posted by elcoy View Post
                              Currently trying to decide what tire and wheel to go to for road course track running this summer. Want to go to the hoosier R6 (I think) on my 91 325i S52 . Trying to figure out what would be best size. Currently have ground control suspension. I run P205/40ZR17 for my street tires. Any recommendation on size of a track slick and wheel
                              No idea. Fitment advice, not wheel shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxDriver86 View Post
                                I've been all over the place on which tires to go with. I don't mind a little stretch, and I plan on rolling fenders, but I want to keep pulling them to a minimum...what are your thoughts on:

early model, GC coilovers, 16x8 et15 and 16x9 et18.

I'm thinking 205/45 up front and either 215/45 or 225/40 in the rear.

Any brand suggestions as well?
                                205/45 front 225/40 rear. Or 215/45 rear in a pinch.

Comment

Working...
                                X