Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Jesus.

First, I need to know the section width of those tires (both front and rears). I can work it out for you then.

Jay
    10.9" on the rears, i havent purchased the fronts yet but they should be 9.8"

Thanks in advance
    -Matt

;)

“Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!” -Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbeansm3 View Post
      10.9" on the rears, i havent purchased the fronts yet but they should be 9.8"

Thanks in advance
      Okay, because your tire diameter is so massive, things could get really interesting in the rear. I know what will clear at up to around 25" overall diameter, and I will recommend that (with quite a bit of safety margin factored in). However, I don't know how well the rear of an E30 works with such TALL tires. You may have to get really persuasive with a hammer and that inner metalwork.

That said, the front should be okay with ET15 and the rear, ET10. You didn't mention the offset of the 17x8 fronts but you need that offset in the end anyways. Your 25mm spacer idea for the rear should be right.

Jay

Comment

18's

I searched the thread & couldn't find an answer to my question. Will 18x7.5 et 38, fit on an E30 without spacers & not rub - fender lips are not rolled & car is lowered @ 1" all around.
        [I

Comment

Okay, because your tire diameter is so massive, things could get really interesting in the rear. I know what will clear at up to around 25" overall diameter, and I will recommend that (with quite a bit of safety margin factored in). However, I don't know how well the rear of an E30 works with such TALL tires. You may have to get really persuasive with a hammer and that inner metalwork.

That said, the front should be okay with ET15 and the rear, ET10. You didn't mention the offset of the 17x8 fronts but you need that offset in the end anyways. Your 25mm spacer idea for the rear should be right.

Jay
          Thanks, that was incredibly helpful. The front and rear are both 35mm offset, which would equal 10mm with the spacers on all four. I have some serious concerns about hitting the inner part on the rear, and i really don't want to mess with it because it appears to be structural.

Im just going to give it a shot...the interesting part is going to come when the car is lowered to its proper ride height. Either way this wont be for quite some time, but when i do get it together ill report my results.

Thanks again, Matt
          -Matt

;)

“Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!” -Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
            I searched the thread & couldn't find an answer to my question. Will 18x7.5 et 38, fit on an E30 without spacers & not rub - fender lips are not rolled & car is lowered @ 1" all around.
            That should actually mount without spacers, but it will look ridiculous. 15mm spacers all around, 215/35/18 tires.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbeansm3 View Post
              Thanks, that was incredibly helpful. The front and rear are both 35mm offset, which would equal 10mm with the spacers on all four. I have some serious concerns about hitting the inner part on the rear, and i really don't want to mess with it because it appears to be structural.

Im just going to give it a shot...the interesting part is going to come when the car is lowered to its proper ride height. Either way this wont be for quite some time, but when i do get it together ill report my results.

Thanks again, Matt
              Sounds good Matt. I'd love to hear how it goes, keep in touch.

Jay

Comment

Maybe already asked but....

I have a 90 325i lowered 1 inch from stock. What to upgrade to 15 x 7 wheels, what is the optimum ET and tire size to run? Don't want to roll fenders or use spacers if possible.

Thanks.

Comment

That should actually mount without spacers, but it will look ridiculous. 15mm spacers all around, 215/35/18 tires.

Jay

Thanks Jay - now I should find 4 - 15mm spacers, anyone have any for sale??
                  [I

Comment

Wonderful snow/rain: Goodyear GW3, Bridgestone LM-25, Dunlop M3, Nokian WR, Viking Snowtech.

Jay

Can I get a recommendation on a good set of Winter Tires for my bottlecaps, Size and brand? Thanks

Edit: I just ordered some 195/65/14 Blizzak Ws50's. I think those will do the trick.
                    Last edited by e30 Luv; 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Hey Jay, long time man but glad to see your still around!

Anyhow, I just picked up a set of Ronal LS (15x7.5, ET25) and some 225/50-15 Hankook R-S2 per your recommendation in this great thread. The prob is the tires are hitting the front struts...too wide :( I could obviously find some 3mm spacers but the tires are shot now.......long story. Therefore, could you recommend some good 205/55-15 tires that would mate well with my R-S2's in the rear? Hankook apparently doesn't make that size in the R-S2.

I will have some E30 M3 offset CAB's fitted later in the week, would this increase the space on the strut side?

Thanks man!

Chris

Comment

Quick question for you all: I'm looking at picking up a single Borbet CB wheel so I can have a full set of 4 equal size wheels and tires(3 15x7 and 1 14 doesn't really work).

It is 15x7, 4x100, and et35. What size spacer do I need to run? How would I know if they are hubcentric?

Here's a link to the sell post with pictures of the back of the wheel and all the information stampings.

Thanks!
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                          Quick question for you all: I'm looking at picking up a single Borbet CB wheel so I can have a full set of 4 equal size wheels and tires(3 15x7 and 1 14 doesn't really work).

It is 15x7, 4x100, and et35. What size spacer do I need to run? How would I know if they are hubcentric?

Here's a link to the sell post with pictures of the back of the wheel and all the information stampings.

Thanks!
                          A 10 mm spacer would be a perfect fit. Go 15 mm if you want to push them out a bit more. Either way, both options should fit well.

Comment

Originally posted by evo3 View Post
                            A 10 mm spacer would be a perfect fit. Go 15 mm if you want to push them out a bit more. Either way, both options should fit well.
                            Where can I get a 10mm spacer for a decent price? Turner only sells 8mm and 15mm. Do you know of any spacers that come with bolts?
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Jay,

If i can fit a 245/40/17 (24.7" diameter) on the front of my e30 with a 15mm offset, than could i fit a 255/40/17 with a 10mm offset, or would the increased diameter (25.0" diameter, 10.3" section width) be an issue with clearance near the strut/inner wheel well?
                              -Matt

;)

Comment

Originally posted by PEZ2 View Post
                                I have a 90 325i lowered 1 inch from stock. What to upgrade to 15 x 7 wheels, what is the optimum ET and tire size to run? Don't want to roll fenders or use spacers if possible.

Thanks.
                                ET24 is what the OEM 15x7" BBS wheels are, and that is about perfect. This will allow you to run 205/55/15 tires (stock size) without any worrying about fender rolling, etc.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X