Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cat97628 View Post
    thanks for the reply. think i could go 225 and still not rub?
    There is only one 225/40/17 tire, and it isn't worth buying. Stick with a good 215.

Jay

Comment

what does it take to fit 15x8 slipstreams +40 on an e30?

im guessing massive spacers?

do i need to roll fenders and what not?

would it be easier if i got 15x7 or 15x7.5? same et..

edit:
      and thinking about 225/45 or 225/50's kook rs-2's to stuff in there
      Last edited by henxdam; 02-09-2008, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Cheers Jay....i had already settled for the best tire I could get locally.....Cooper Zeon 2xs 205/55-15. These are more or less a bandaid until I can figure a way to fit my 225 R-S2's. The 5mm spacers don't seem to work with the Ronal LS's due to the bevelled centrebore...........do you know of a way to make it work? Maybe a 3mm spacer would work and give me enough hub.

I'm totally diggin the R-S2's in the rear though.....WOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by henxdam View Post
          what does it take to fit 15x8 slipstreams +40 on an e30?

im guessing massive spacers?

do i need to roll fenders and what not?

would it be easier if i got 15x7 or 15x7.5? same et..

edit:
          and thinking about 225/45 or 225/50's kook rs-2's to stuff in there
          20mm spacers would be perfect, and that's just as safe as the 15mm either the 15x7 or 15x7.5 would require. You would have to roll the fenders fairly heavily to get the 225 R-S2s under there with the 15x8s, less so with the 15x7 or 15x7.5 and a 15mm spacer.

225/45/15 R-S2's are a funny size. If you measure their section and tread widths, the 205/50/15 RT-615 is actually wider. 225/50/15 R-S2s are an option, but I'm honestly not sure you would be faster on those versus the 205 RT-615s.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Chris E30 Cab View Post
            Cheers Jay....i had already settled for the best tire I could get locally.....Cooper Zeon 2xs 205/55-15. These are more or less a bandaid until I can figure a way to fit my 225 R-S2's. The 5mm spacers don't seem to work with the Ronal LS's due to the bevelled centrebore...........do you know of a way to make it work? Maybe a 3mm spacer would work and give me enough hub.

I'm totally diggin the R-S2's in the rear though.....WOW!!
            The 3mm leaves plenty of hub, I did that with the RS' you sold me 3 years back. They had rings too, and the centerbore was plenty beveled.

Glad you like the R-S2's, they are a SOFT compound. Insanely sticky, I just wish they didn't leave so much space for water channeling. I figure the next generation of Hankook auto-x tire will be a front-runner, they have the rubber side down pat.

Jay

Comment

cheers Jay, and ya those RS2's are very sticky indeed....loving em man!

Where would ya recommend getting some 3mm spacers? I've seen the generic ones but do you then have to get centering rings for the spacers since they are not hubcentric?

Comment

cheers Jay, and ya those RS2's are very sticky indeed....loving em man!

Where would ya recommend getting some 3mm spacers? I've seen the generic ones but do you then have to get centering rings for the spacers since they are not hubcentric?
                All you need is those oversized universal ones. The spacer is so thin that it makes no functional difference at all that it isn't hubcentric. The wheel will still be held on the hub just fine.

Jay

Comment

Jay, I've got an off(e30)topic one for ya.

I've got an e46 325it. Outside of the obvious other e46 wheels, what OEM wheels will fit the car and/or what kind of spacers or whatever would I need to get other OEM wheels to fit? I am mainly looking at e34, e39, and e90/2 wheels.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    All you need is those oversized universal ones. The spacer is so thin that it makes no functional difference at all that it isn't hubcentric. The wheel will still be held on the hub just fine.

Jay

makes sense...cheers Jay

I assume the stock lug nuts will work then since it's only a 3mm difference...right?

Comment

Just bought 16"x7" BBS RX with 35 offset with a 57.1 center bore. I have a 1993 325i Cabrio with stock springs and Bilstein HDs. In the near future, I plan to lower with H&R Sports and Bilstein Sports. Please advise spacer and tire sizes for future lowering project. I would like to run 205's up front and 225's with out rolling fenders. What spacer size and tire size do you suggest? I am planning on using H&R spacers and Micheline, BFG, or Conti All Season tires. Just joined this forum. Very informative. Thanx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                        Jay, I've got an off(e30)topic one for ya.

I've got an e46 325it. Outside of the obvious other e46 wheels, what OEM wheels will fit the car and/or what kind of spacers or whatever would I need to get other OEM wheels to fit? I am mainly looking at e34, e39, and e90/2 wheels.
                        Well you can for sure get the 5-series low-offset wheels on, but if the car is staying at stock height it won't look great.

Other BMWs that share the same centerbore, offset range, etc: E36 (non M-Coupe/Roadster), E90/1/2/3 (they have a slightly lower offset, looks good), first generation X5, X3, Z3, Z4.

Jay

Comment

makes sense...cheers Jay

I assume the stock lug nuts will work then since it's only a 3mm difference...right?
                          Yep, stock lugs are just fine.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by dimeaux View Post
                            Just bought 16"x7" BBS RX with 35 offset with a 57.1 center bore. I have a 1993 325i Cabrio with stock springs and Bilstein HDs. In the near future, I plan to lower with H&R Sports and Bilstein Sports. Please advise spacer and tire sizes for future lowering project. I would like to run 205's up front and 225's with out rolling fenders. What spacer size and tire size do you suggest? I am planning on using H&R spacers and Micheline, BFG, or Conti All Season tires. Just joined this forum. Very informative. Thanx in advance.
                            Those wheels fall into an unfortunate offset range. The problem is that any spacer smaller than 15mm won't be truly hubcentric, so that's the minimum you should run. Once you're at the resultant ET20, 225's are not going to work without heavy fender rolling. You'd have to run 205s all around.

In the end, you'd be happy with just the 205s. Here's my car 4 years ago with the 10mm Tirerack spacers (only possible with the larger centerbore RX's) and 205s, yours would look even more aggressive with the 15mm spacers:

Jay

Comment

Thanx for the pic Mystikal. My cabrio is actually red also, but my rx's are nogaru silver though. Can't wait to mount them after looking at your pic. Should I go with 205/50/16 or 205/45/16. The wheels are coming with 195/40/16 Contis. Maybe I'l roll the fenders in the future. You switched to euro 15" weaves or Ronals?

Comment

Originally posted by dimeaux View Post
                                Thanx for the pic Mystikal. My cabrio is actually red also, but my rx's are nogaru silver though. Can't wait to mount them after looking at your pic. Should I go with 205/50/16 or 205/45/16. The wheels are coming with 195/40/16 Contis. Maybe I'l roll the fenders in the future. You switched to euro 15" weaves or Ronals?
                                205/50/16 is the correct size.

Those RX's were my first aftermarket wheels, I went through several sets after that. Right now (and probably forever, had them for 2 years now) I have 15x7 ET20 BBS RZ378s, with polished lips (refinishing by euro3). My favourite E30 wheels, at least for a stock-bodied car. :)

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X