Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jay, thanks so much for handling this thread. Lifesaver.

I'm trying to figure out the best tire/spacer fitment for the following setup:

Late model coupe, lowered on H&R Race with billy sports and e90 drophats

Looking at a set of BBS RS041, final specs being 15x6.5 et36, center bore of 67.5. Ideal fitment is some proper tires (no stretch), and relatively flush with the fenders. Thanks!

Comment

Trying to figure tire size for a meaty look...

16x7.5" AC Schnitzer Typ1 (ET25).

225/50 too much?
      Last edited by TimeMachinE30; 04-30-2015, 07:14 AM.
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I have 15x8 enkei 92's with 205/50/15's on them. The rim has a 25 offset but I'm running megan racing coils dropped around 2". What front spacers should I go for? The megan site recommends 5mm for stock wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          With 195/50s it'd fit. I wouldn't bother personally. Once you spend $400+ on adapters you may as well buy something that actually fits properly.
          Awesome thanks for the great info!
          I park with my feet... sometimes
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
            I'm looking for some input on a new setup. Late model car lowered on GC suspension with a moderate roll all around. Looking to run 16x8 et23 with a 205/50. Seems like 15mm would be a good aggressive fit for the front (thoughts on that?) but what would be the ideal spacer for the rear?

Thanks again!
            You don't have any room for spacers at all really. Maybe 5mm.

Comment

Originally posted by NJBiddle View Post
              Hi Jay, thanks so much for handling this thread. Lifesaver.

I'm trying to figure out the best tire/spacer fitment for the following setup:

Late model coupe, lowered on H&R Race with billy sports and e90 drophats

Looking at a set of BBS RS041, final specs being 15x6.5 et36, center bore of 67.5. Ideal fitment is some proper tires (no stretch), and relatively flush with the fenders. Thanks!
              lol, I'd hope you aren't looking for stretch on a 6.5" rim. You'll need massive spacers for those to look anything near flush. 20mm front 25mm rear and 205 tires is a good start. What you really need is wider lips.

Comment

Originally posted by timemachine30 View Post
                trying to figure tire size for a meaty look...

16x7.5" ac schnitzer typ1 (et25).

225/50 too much?
                225/45

Comment

Originally posted by Atl4s View Post
                  I have 15x8 enkei 92's with 205/50/15's on them. The rim has a 25 offset but I'm running megan racing coils dropped around 2". What front spacers should I go for? The megan site recommends 5mm for stock wheels.
                  5mm is good.

Comment

I've seen that you have a a magic range that you see perfect. I'm starting from scratch so what do you feel is the absolute ideal set up for 16 inch wheels and tires? I don't mind fender rolling. From what I've noticed, its around a 16x8 F and 16x9 R low offsets. 205/45/16 F and 215/45/16 R?
                    1989 325i S50 swapped
                    2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Originally posted by bumada View Post
                      I've seen that you have a a magic range that you see perfect. I'm starting from scratch so what do you feel is the absolute ideal set up for 16 inch wheels and tires? I don't mind fender rolling. From what I've noticed, its around a 16x8 F and 16x9 R low offsets. 205/45/16 F and 215/45/16 R?
                      Ideal is subjective, and dependent on what you want to do with the car.

But, here's what I like:

(Functional)
                      16x8 +22
                      225/45

(Stancey)
                      16x8.5 +15 / 16x9.5 +15
                      205/45 / 215/45

(Somewhere in the middle)
                      16x8 +15 square
                      205/45

Comment

^^ as mentioned here's an example of the stancey setup
                        16x8.5 +13 205/40 front
                        16x9.5 +19 215/45 rear

I'm switching to 205/45 in front because the tire is cheaper and lowering it more (had to raise the engine)

I have camber maxed out front and rear and the camber wear is terrible, however expected with any sort of stance look.

Comment

It doesn't look like it has that much camber but it looks great. What kind of tires and do you have a picture showing how much stretch the tires have?
                          1989 325i S50 swapped
                          2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                            ^^ as mentioned here's an example of the stancey setup
                            16x8.5 +13 205/40 front
                            16x9.5 +19 215/45 rear

I'm switching to 205/45 in front because the tire is cheaper and lowering it more (had to raise the engine)

I have camber maxed out front and rear and the camber wear is terrible, however expected with any sort of stance look.
                            E30 M3 5-lug? Careful with comparing if so, your hubs push the wheels out 5-7mm per corner. Looks good.

Comment

Hi,
                              Car is early model "is" with E30 M3 springs/Bilstein sport
                              Question about Tires for rear wheels that will be 15x8 et12:
                              Would you think there would be any rubbing with 225/50? What about 205/55?
                              Thanks
                              Last edited by DELPHINtimecapsule; 05-09-2015, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tntomek View Post
                                Bought a set of staggered CR7s.

16x9 ET25 & 16x7.5 ET30 sitting on 215 40 16 all around (yes front this wide is a bit odd and rear/front rubber isnt matching so open to replacing front tires with something closer to 195)

Car: 91 318is coupe stock height but will be dropping to a H&R sport (possibly race), not slamming.

Was told I don't need spacer on rear but 5-8mm in front. Is this enough, a 215 will stick out beyond the 7.5 rim will it not?

Can anyone please confirm? Thanks!

FS thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=352803
                                Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                Those are a good offset for the rear 16x9s on a car that won't be slammed. The tire sizes, however, are not. I would go with 205/45 front and either 215/45 or 225/40 rears. 15mm front spacers would be perfect to even out the fitment and for clearance reasons.
                                Thanks, will 225 45 not fit in rear? rolled fender? a 225 is still stretched on 9", does that not reduce sidewall height? Just curious why you said 40s, I'm new at this and any input helps. I think 16's look good but I like a bit of rubber to reduce gap. I plan to sit about H&R race low.

Comment

Working...
                                X