Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PumpdUpKicks View Post
    +20mm
    205/50 and 205/55 work well without rolling the fenders. Will look MUCH larger than what you have now. If you're willing to deal with fender rolling and the occasional rub 225/50 or 225/45 also work.

Comment

Originally posted by ferndigity View Post
      89 325is with sport h&r and sport blistein shocks..im looking at 2 different set ups..
      first 15x8 4x100 offset 15 hub bore 73.1 and what size tire without stretching the tire too much...
      second 15x7 4x100 offset 25 hub bore 57.1 also please give me the same advice for tires...
      thanks in advance
      First ones are ideal with 205/50s. And need the hub rings to back it down to 57.1mm.

Second setup is great for big rubber. 225/50 is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by alpinwiess2 View Post
        Hey Jay tire size question + spacer question for you. Ok here's the setup:

e30 convertible
        slight drop on h&r sports/bilstiens
        5x120
        16x8
        et23

What's going to be the best tire size given offset and wheel fitment? My goal is the avoid fender rolling and avoid the stretched tire look while keeping as close to the original diameter - 24" as possible. My possible ideas are: 225/45/r16, 215/45/r16, 205/15/r16. I'm assuming I also may need a small 5mm spacer to pull this off to begin with.
        Redrilled Style 5s huh. Yes, you will need 5mm front spacers if your brake pads are newish. 205/50 is perfect for what you're looking for. There's hardly a stretch at all, google for some imagery.

Comment

Hey Mystikal you've been helping me through the years and I appreciate it big time!

Just wanted to ask, would a 205/50 tire fit on a set of 16x7.5 et 13 without rub? What about if the offset was 21 instead of 13?

H&R sports with Bilstein sports
          Need a limited slip differential? Check my FS threads

Feedback thread

Comment

16x8's et +20mm

205/50/16 tires.

Any rubbing problems or spacers needed?

Comment

Machined 5 Lug swap kit (Front out 12mm)

I already have 235/40 tires, looking at 17x8 ET 45 with 10mm spacer in the rear? Any spacers in the front?

On Billies/H&R Race springs

Thanks!!
              The Lineup in order of appearance:
              91 535i
              91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
              91 325is w/ S52
              88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
              88 M3 ;D
              91 325ix 5 speed
              89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
              73 2002
              1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
              1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
              1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

*UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
              1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
              Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

16x8 Style 5 Fitment Help

Hey Guys,
                I have a 1988 325 (super ETA) sedan. I'm pretty new to wheels/tires fitment.
                I want to run some 16x8 et 23 style 5s but don't want a fill n drill. So that leaves me with adapters. My questions are what adapters should I run and what sizes? What tire size would work the best for me. And what if any fender work will I need done. If anyone has some pictures for reference that would be great and any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by fanofe30s View Post
                  Hey Mystikal you've been helping me through the years and I appreciate it big time!

Just wanted to ask, would a 205/50 tire fit on a set of 16x7.5 et 13 without rub? What about if the offset was 21 instead of 13?

H&R sports with Bilstein sports
                  You're very welcome. It will rub at +13, no rub at +21.

Comment

Originally posted by Grackle View Post
                    16x8's et +20mm

205/50/16 tires.

Any rubbing problems or spacers needed?
                    Nope, bolt on and go.

Comment

Originally posted by elcoy View Post
                      Machined 5 Lug swap kit (Front out 12mm)

I already have 235/40 tires, looking at 17x8 ET 45 with 10mm spacer in the rear? Any spacers in the front?

On Billies/H&R Race springs

Thanks!!
                      Assuming front out 12mm and rear same as stock: 8mm front spacer, 15mm rear. You will need front hub extenders to run this without vibrations.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_rosenblum View Post
                        Hey Guys,
                        I have a 1988 325 (super ETA) sedan. I'm pretty new to wheels/tires fitment.
                        I want to run some 16x8 et 23 style 5s but don't want a fill n drill. So that leaves me with adapters. My questions are what adapters should I run and what sizes? What tire size would work the best for me. And what if any fender work will I need done. If anyone has some pictures for reference that would be great and any help is greatly appreciated!
                        You can, but it ends up SUPER aggressive. 18mm adapters, 205/45 tires, and lots of fender rolling. Or 195/45 tires and less rolling.

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

Dr. Mystikal, I have a 1992 E30 convertible with stock suspension. I want to replace it with the H&R sport and Bilstein combo for a conservative, oil-pan friendly drop. I'd like to run 16x8 Style 5s with adapters. Really hoping not to roll any fenders.

Questions: Which H&R sport springs are better, cabrio-specific springs or the coupe/sedan versions? What size adapters would I need? And what tire size options would I have?

Really appreciate you giving your time to knuckleheads like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Yogawrench; 08-21-2015, 07:47 PM.
                          1993 Alpine White II 325i convertible (last year of E30 production)
                          1988 Zinnoberot 325 Super ETA coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                            Nope, bolt on and go.
                            Thought so, just wanted to verify. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Yogawrench View Post
                              Dr. Mystikal, I have a 1992 E30 convertible with stock suspension. I want to replace it with the H&R sport and Bilstein combo for a conservative, oil-pan friendly drop. I'd like to run 16x8 Style 5s with adapters. Really hoping not to roll any fenders.

Questions: Which H&R sport springs are better, cabrio-specific springs or the coupe/sedan versions? What size adapters would I need? And what tire size options would I have?

Really appreciate you giving your time to knuckleheads like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Straight up won't work for what you're going for. Stick to wheels +15 or above, final offset.

Comment

Hey man, thanks in advance for the help.

I've got fzeros that are
                                15x8.5 et 15
                                15x9.5 et 15

It's dropped in GE Coilovers with 2" sectioned in the front.

Can you let me know if I'll need spacers as well as tire sizes?

Thanks!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X