Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
    Hey everyone, I have a new set of wheels possibly lined up that I hope will work on my '88 (late model) - they are 17x8.5 et13 or 15, I forget. Right now, my fenders aren't rolled and I'm lowered, but not super low. What would I need to do to make these work and what size tires would I need?

TIA!
    205/40 tires and a rear fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
      I've just found a couple of sets of 14" tires for my bottlecaps that should last me at least a couple of years, but realize that the selection in 14" is getting slim.

I'm going to start looking into finding some 15" wheels in the next couple of years. I DD my E30, and I enjoy giving her a good run here and there, but I don't do anything really dumb and I don't track the car. It's an 86 Eta, stock suspension. At this point, no plans to lower or anything - I live int he country with snow, lowering doesn't seem to be a good idea.

What tire size would be good for my E30? And what size of 15" rim... 15X7? Would the offset still be the same at ET33? What is that in millimeters, BTW, as some people express the offset in mm instead of ET #.

I've gotten to know my E30 pretty well, but this is one area of cars I find confusing because there is a lot of numbers thrown around.

Thanks!
      15x7 anything from +13 to +27 will work fine with 205 tires. ET is indeed in mm.

Comment

Originally posted by unitt01 View Post
        Edit - Actually its a +20 offset. Any difference ? Sorry bout that.
        Yep, they're ideal now. No spacers, just throw them on.

Comment

Have a 86 325es lowered on megan racing coilovers. Wondering how much tire i can fit under the with 16x8 et20. I like the look of a lot of rubber and the cars suspensions pretty stiff.

Comment

I'm getting an e30 soon that has the 5 lug swap from an e36 m3 and was curious what the widest width and offset wheels I can run are. The car also has pretty aggressive fender flares. For shits and giggles I'm looking at a staggered pair of 17x10.5 et26 17x11 et19 BBS rs wheels posted here http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=320782
            Last edited by Sevorith; 09-09-2015, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Which will fit? What is needed to ensure proper fitment? What size tire do you recommend?
              Both sets are 4x100

16X8 73.1CB ET15
              16X8 73.1CB ET25

Comment

Will I need to roll fenders or they should fit fine. Wanting it as flush as possible with it being as low as possible. Static. Also, with a 5 lug set up is there any way to make the BMW style 66 wheels fit?

Comment

Will I need to roll fenders or they should fit fine. Wanting it as flush as possible with it being as low as possible. Static. Also, with a 5 lug set up is there any way to make the BMW style 66 wheels fit?

Comment

Anybody have pics of a 16x8 et20 with a 205/50 on it, or the same size with a 225/50? I'm not a huge fan of stretch and like the fact that the 225 is a fat tire with plenty of grip, but I'm not sure as to how much rolling they'll actually need, which concerns me.

Comment

Originally posted by f2740xd View Post
                      anybody have pics of a 16x8 et20 with a 205/50 on it, or the same size with a 225/50? I'm not a huge fan of stretch and like the fact that the 225 is a fat tire with plenty of grip, but i'm not sure as to how much rolling they'll actually need, which concerns me.
                      someone answer this

Comment

Originally posted by dgg15 View Post
                        someone answer this
                        after speaking directly with someone with 225/50 I've decided against that. Now it's either 16x8 et20 with 205/50 or maybe a 15x7... what size is best if I want the sidewall standing straight up (no stretch)

Comment

after speaking directly with someone with 225/50 I've decided against that. Now it's either 16x8 et20 with 205/50 or maybe a 15x7... what size is best if I want the sidewall standing straight up (no stretch)
                          I suggest a 215/45 for the 16x8. A 205 on an 8" wheel will have a bit of stretch to it.
                          1989 325i S50 swapped
                          2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

The front on my car is a 215/45 on a 16x8 +20.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                            1989 325i S50 swapped
                            2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

borbet type t 16x7.5 et35 front and 9x16 et30 car is on h&r sports what do i need for a proper fit have no problem rolling my fender.i like the wide look thank in advance 'ras

Comment

im running 205/50 lowered on megans and running 16x8's, works fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X