Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
    Ok, the wheels are 15x6.5. The offset is +38. From reading all your replies, looks like i'll need spacers.

How many mm would you recommend?
    Are wheel studs necessary?
    And tires? 195/55/15 ?

Susp is H&R race and Bilstein

Thanks alot!
    I'd go with 20mm spacers for a nice flush fitment. You can run up to 205 tires (205/55 or 205/50 recommended) with no fender rolling needed. 205/55 would preserve the stock diameter and be better for speedo/odo readings, but a 205/50 or 195/55 would make the wheels seem slightly bigger because of their shorter sidewalls. Your choice, really.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by oo=00=oo View Post
      Got some new rims again. BBS RS 16x8 et20 and 16x9 et24. Going on my E30 with 5lug conversion (E30 M3 parts). Need tire and size suggestion. Daily driver looking for something smooth and quiet. Thanks
      You have an impressive rim collection going over there.

First tell me what kind of style you're going for with those wheels. Do you want it stretched, or do you want the most tire you can get under the car without rubbing?

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by flawdaboi407 View Post
        Wheels are 15x7. Offset is ET35.
        Current tires are 195/60/15.
        Rear is fine, front rubs slightly on the strut housing.
        I have 31mm spacers in the rear.
        I want to run 20mm spacers in the front.
        What size tire do I need to clear everything ok?
        I was thinking 225/50's or 205/50's or 205/55's.
        What size do you guys think I should run?
        Im going to be getting Falken 912's.
        btw.. im on h&r race and billy sports.
        Thanks.
        I replied in your other thread, but I'll reiterate it here with some more detail.

That is a really aggressive setup, and anything bigger than a 195/55/15 is pushing your luck. Even with the 195s, you're looking at rubbing in the rear without fender work. 195/50/15 would be the safest bet.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          You have an impressive rim collection going over there.

First tell me what kind of style you're going for with those wheels. Do you want it stretched, or do you want the most tire you can get under the car without rubbing?

Jay

Yes most tire without rubbing. Stretched is fine also.

Shawn

Comment

what do folks think about this:

16x7.5 et20 borbet type a with 225/45 16 tires.
            i'm running e30 m3 5 lug suspension and turner j stock suspension.
            i need to ditch my doublespoke IIs

Comment

I'd go with 20mm spacers for a nice flush fitment. You can run up to 205 tires (205/55 or 205/50 recommended) with no fender rolling needed. 205/55 would preserve the stock diameter and be better for speedo/odo readings, but a 205/50 or 195/55 would make the wheels seem slightly bigger because of their shorter sidewalls. Your choice, really.

Jay

Thanks for your help!!
              turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
              Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Alright so here goes, I've got an 86 325es, lowered on IE's, I currently have 15x? 195/50 and they look horrible (see pic)

What decent priced wheel would make it sit nice with little wheel gap, i was thinking 16x8 501's yea yea but they are affordable and clean, would these fit? and what tire size could i run? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by oo=00=oo View Post
                  Yes most tire without rubbing. Stretched is fine also.

Shawn
                  The safe bet would be a 225/45/16. You can get that on all around with just a good fender roll (I think you already did that for the T-stars).

Another option if you really want the beefy look is a 245/35/16 on the back, which only the T1-R comes in. I've seen another member use those tires on a very similar wheel setup without flaring. If you use those on the back go with a 225/40/16 for the front, so the sidewalls will look more matched.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
                    what do folks think about this:

16x7.5 et20 borbet type a with 225/45 16 tires.
                    i'm running e30 m3 5 lug suspension and turner j stock suspension.
                    i need to ditch my doublespoke IIs
                    That should work just fine.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Knoepfler View Post
                      Alright so here goes, I've got an 86 325es, lowered on IE's, I currently have 15x? 195/50 and they look horrible (see pic)

What decent priced wheel would make it sit nice with little wheel gap, i was thinking 16x8 501's yea yea but they are affordable and clean, would these fit? and what tire size could i run? Thanks in advance
                      16x8 ET15 501s are a good fitment for our cars. The safe bet for tires is a 205/45/16, this will fit 100% fine without any fender mods. 215/40/16 is another viable option.

Jay

Comment

Actually there was no subtracting off any lip. I'll show you how to work it out:

Final offset = 38 - ((1.5 * 25.4) / 2)
                        = 38 - (38.1 / 2)
                        = 38 - 19.05
                        = ET19

Jay
                        Ok so what are the values you used?
                        -Erik
                        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                          Ok so what are the values you used?
                          Yeah I thought about including a first line with this info and got lazy.

Final offset = [Original offset] - ([Outer lip width added in inches] * [Conversion factor for mm]) / 2)

Jay

Comment

That's awesome man, why don't you share here what the final specs of the wheels/adapters/tires are. Looks really good, I'm glad I could help out with that project.

Jay
                            sorry to reply so late. the rear final offset is et 2.3 and the front is et 12.3

the wheels are 16x8's all around with an original offset of 52.3

the adapters are 50mm rear, and 40mm front

the fronts BARELY fit, i can maybe fit the flat side of a quarter between the rim and the spring perches on my coils.

Comment

I'm back with more questions Jay.

What would be the correct offset for a 17x8.5" wheel?

And if a 17x9.5" wheel can fit, what would be the optimal offset?

EDIT: I am going for the hella-flush look this time.
                              Last edited by M42Technik; 03-25-2008, 05:44 AM.
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
                                sorry to reply so late. the rear final offset is et 2.3 and the front is et 12.3

the wheels are 16x8's all around with an original offset of 52.3

the adapters are 50mm rear, and 40mm front

the fronts BARELY fit, i can maybe fit the flat side of a quarter between the rim and the spring perches on my coils.
                                Really? What coils? I know for a fact that a 16x8 will fit with even ET23, so you should have plenty of room unless they're some weird coilovers.

Oh, and share the tire size you chose again. I don't remember nor care to search for it. :p

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X