Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[b]When asking, please include: Year, Model, Suspension, All Relevant Wheel Data (Diameter, Width, Offset, Bolt Pattern, etc), Tire Size, anything that could possibly affect my answer. When it doubt, tell me. And do not PM me, I will ignore you. :)

Wow, thread's nine years old and going strong...
    87 4 door 325i with H&R sports / Bilsteins

Apex ARC-8 17x8 ET25 4X100 front
    Apex ARC-8 17x8.5 ET 20 4X100 rear
    Looking for best tire setup for daily use, some track days.

Thank you Jay

Comment

Originally posted by potshot View Post
      Stock IX basketweaves (ET 45 I believe) on my stock 88IX with stock suspension.
      I have some tires I'd like to use on front and back that are 225/50.
      Will they rub?
      Should fit no problem. +41 btw.

Comment

Originally posted by RichiesE30 View Post
        Just wondering if these will fit. Pretty positive they will but I wanted to ask and make sure. Seems like a pretty solid deal, will hopefully get them for a little less possibly. I have an '87 325e. Thanks.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/wto/5740470526.html
        Should yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Chroma Aberration View Post
          Will it fit (it should)?

Hankook RS-3 in 225/45/15
          On 949 6UL 15x8 +36 offset, 67.1mm bore wheels
          On my 325iX, lowered ~1.3 inches on bilstein HD + h&r sports.

On stock and very dirty baskets with 205/50 toyo proxes:
          The fronts will be super close to the struts. Test fit one front before committing the other 3 onto the car. You might need a 3-5mm front spacer to clear safely.

Comment

Originally posted by bradmer View Post
            [b]When asking, please include: Year, Model, Suspension, All Relevant Wheel Data (Diameter, Width, Offset, Bolt Pattern, etc), Tire Size, anything that could possibly affect my answer. When it doubt, tell me. And do not PM me, I will ignore you. :)

Wow, thread's nine years old and going strong...
            87 4 door 325i with H&R sports / Bilsteins

Apex ARC-8 17x8 ET25 4X100 front
            Apex ARC-8 17x8.5 ET 20 4X100 rear
            Looking for best tire setup for daily use, some track days.

Thank you Jay
            I had to google that rear fitment. I can't believe Apex decided on that as a new spec. It's a silly design, they went +20 so they can be used up front but the fitment is too aggressive, you can only run a 215/40 tire at most. With the narrower 17x8 +25s, you could run 235/40/17 square. Which is why I gave them that fitment when they designed the wheel. Silly move.

That rear size will limit you to 215/40 tires. So you can run that size all around with just a mild rear fender roll. For no rolling, run the 17x8 all around with 215/40s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              10mm hubcentric (with lip) spacers all around and 205/50 tires. You need the spacers for the front strut clearance.
              I had this test fitted today and it cleared the strut but barely maybe like an 8th of an inch. Is that okay or should I use a 12mm instead of the 10

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to google that rear fitment. I can't believe Apex decided on that as a new spec. It's a silly design, they went +20 so they can be used up front but the fitment is too aggressive, you can only run a 215/40 tire at most. With the narrower 17x8 +25s, you could run 235/40/17 square. Which is why I gave them that fitment when they designed the wheel. Silly move.

That rear size will limit you to 215/40 tires. So you can run that size all around with just a mild rear fender roll. For no rolling, run the 17x8 all around with 215/40s.
                Thats a quick response Jay and thank you for the great info, even if it did harsh my mellow right then and there. Was looking forward to the concave rears...

Comment

Probably been asked 100x on this thread but here I go.
                  BBS Rc090 17x8 5x120 et20 with 18mm 5 lug adapters
                  I need the tire size for a 93 e30 vert dropped on vert H&R sport and Bilstein shocks. Also, what fender work would I need. Thank in advance.

Comment

The fronts will be super close to the struts. Test fit one front before committing the other 3 onto the car. You might need a 3-5mm front spacer to clear safely.
                    Thanks!
                    91 325iX - magnaflow, h&r sports+bilstein hds, chip

Comment

Sorry, haven't look at tires in that size in years.
                      what size would you recommend. Street driving, with s52.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Please help, going to install a coilover tomorrow and not sure if I need to roll the front fender? Rear Rolled already.
                        16x8 Front 20 ET 205/45/16 Front
                        16x9 Rear 15 ET 215/45/16 Rear,

For 1990 E30 Sedan

Comment

Hey Mystikal, thanks for all of the hard work on this thread over the years. Just read about 50 pages worth.... good stuff!!

Anyway, on to the fitment question.

Late E30 coupe on H&R Sport springs and billy HD shocks - factory fenders (no rolling)

16x7 ET20 BBS RS replicas w/ hubcentric adapter rings (no spacers)

What is the maximum square tire sizing that is safe to run on these to avoid rubbing?

Thanks!

Gabe

Comment

Originally posted by SFE30stoner View Post
                            Late E30 coupe on H&R Sport springs and billy HD shocks - factory fenders (no rolling)

16x7 ET20 BBS RS replicas w/ hubcentric adapter rings (no spacers)

What is the maximum square tire sizing that is safe to run on these to avoid rubbing?

Thanks!

Gabe
                            I had 205/50s on a 16x7.5 ET25 and the same suspension as you and stock fenders.
                            1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
                            1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
                            1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
                            ...And a couple others...

Comment

Do you think 16x9 et 30 (spacer can be added) and 225/45/16 would fit up front? Probably a degree or two of camber, but nothing crazy.
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                                what size would you recommend. Street driving, with s52.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
                                X