Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depends on how u drive.....

but 225/50 15 looks good......and works.......nice comfy sidewall......

esp w/ 8 inches

the s52 is not really the deciding factor....its more what you are after?.....your goals?..looks stick etc etc...stance
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Best Tire Size for 87 325e

Ordered a set of 15X8 AVID.1 HYPER SILVER WHEELS AV-12 4X100 +25. Looking for the best tires size that does not looked stretched and if possible does not require rolling the fenders. H&R Sport Springs with Blistien Sport shocks.
      Last edited by atsbmsmith; 09-29-2016, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
        depends on how u drive.....

but 225/50 15 looks good......and works.......nice comfy sidewall......

esp w/ 8 inches

the s52 is not really the deciding factor....its more what you are after?.....your goals?..looks stick etc etc...stance
        225/50/15 is what I have now. They're a bit hard to find.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

1990 325is
          BavAuto springs
          Bilstein Sport shocks

Interested in a set of BBS RM 012 15x8.5 with 2.5in lips. Based on the stamp the original ET was ET33. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-rm-012-15x8-5

I found this post on Bimmerforums that helped give me the modified offset due to the changed out lips.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

"Here are the offsets for a BBS RS, just subtract 1 from the et's to get the RM's:
          1.0” = 15x7 et 27.65
          1.5” = 15x7.5 et 21.3
          2.0” = 15x8 et14.95
          2.5” = 15x8.5 et 8.6
          3.0” =15x9 et2.25"

So I think the new offset is 7.6.

So to run a 225/45/15 or 225/50/15 do I need a spacer and what size?

Thanks for the help. I am clueless when it comes to calculating proper offsets. I saw a couple threads noted 15x8 would fit a 225 with a ET20 without rubbing. Not sure how the extra .5 of an 15x8.5 would affect it. However I saw another post of someone running the same wheel with no spacer in the back and 8x15 in the front with ET14 http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-rm-012-15x8-5
          Last edited by Zeemz; 09-29-2016, 10:10 AM.
          1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
          1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
          September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
          Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Offsets for 17x9 245/40/17 Square Setup

I'm considering running a 17x9 245/40/17 square setup on Das Beast.

Looking for input on the proper offsets, front and rear.

Bodywork clearance is not an issue. I can chop, grind or add flares. Mainly concerned with suspension interference.

Running 15x7 TRM C1 ET25 with 205/55/15 now. Clearance between the front suspension and tire sidewall is only 12mm.

Clearance between rear tire and suspension is 50mm.

My calculations using this web site say I should be running offsets of 5-ET front and 25-ET rear.

Looking for feedback.
            "And then we broke the car. Again." Mark Donohue, "The Unfair Advantage"

1987 E30 3L Turbo Stroker Das Beast
            2002 E39 M5

Comment

Hey Jay, we've met before, I'm not sure if you recall. Your Z would always come out on top in Bimmercruise and I'd get runner up for our class :p :)

I am helping a close friend with his E30 build.
              This is our progress thread here. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=395205

We are looking into wheel/tire options.
              The car will have 5 lug conversion (E36 M3 front and E36 318ti rear) and converted to M3 body.
              Also we are running GAZ coilovers.

We already know that we will have to run an 18" rim due to the big brakes.
              We are hoping to run as wide of a tire as possible paired with a wide rim (staggered setup) but want to avoid any kind of rubbing.

Looking to see what advice you can give on this.
              E86 ///M Coupe - Imola Red/Imola Red
              E90 330xi - Titanium Silver/Black
              K46 S1000RR - Matte Red
              Follow the E30 Build thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=395205

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_e30 View Post
                I had this test fitted today and it cleared the strut but barely maybe like an 8th of an inch. Is that okay or should I use a 12mm instead of the 10

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                You're more than okay.

Comment

Originally posted by MattRFact View Post
                  Probably been asked 100x on this thread but here I go.
                  BBS Rc090 17x8 5x120 et20 with 18mm 5 lug adapters
                  I need the tire size for a 93 e30 vert dropped on vert H&R sport and Bilstein shocks. Also, what fender work would I need. Thank in advance.
                  195/45s and rolling all around. Might still rub a bit. Bad fitment IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by af dynamic View Post
                    Please help, going to install a coilover tomorrow and not sure if I need to roll the front fender? Rear Rolled already.
                    16x8 Front 20 ET 205/45/16 Front
                    16x9 Rear 15 ET 215/45/16 Rear,

For 1990 E30 Sedan
                    No front rolling needed.

Comment

Originally posted by sfe30stoner View Post
                      hey mystikal, thanks for all of the hard work on this thread over the years. Just read about 50 pages worth.... Good stuff!!

Anyway, on to the fitment question.

Late e30 coupe on h&r sport springs and billy hd shocks - factory fenders (no rolling)

16x7 et20 bbs rs replicas w/ hubcentric adapter rings (no spacers)

what is the maximum square tire sizing that is safe to run on these to avoid rubbing?

Thanks!

Gabe
                      205/50r16

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Do you think 16x9 et 30 (spacer can be added) and 225/45/16 would fit up front? Probably a degree or two of camber, but nothing crazy.
                        Needs about -3 camber to work. 18mm spacers are ideal, 20mm is workable.

Comment

Originally posted by atsbmsmith View Post
                          Ordered a set of 15X8 AVID.1 HYPER SILVER WHEELS AV-12 4X100 +25. Looking for the best tires size that does not looked stretched and if possible does not require rolling the fenders. H&R Sport Springs with Blistien Sport shocks.
                          225/50R15 or 225/45R15. 5mm front spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                            1990 325is
                            BavAuto springs
                            Bilstein Sport shocks

Interested in a set of BBS RM 012 15x8.5 with 2.5in lips. Based on the stamp the original ET was ET33. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-rm-012-15x8-5

I found this post on Bimmerforums that helped give me the modified offset due to the changed out lips.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

"Here are the offsets for a BBS RS, just subtract 1 from the et's to get the RM's:
                            1.0” = 15x7 et 27.65
                            1.5” = 15x7.5 et 21.3
                            2.0” = 15x8 et14.95
                            2.5” = 15x8.5 et 8.6
                            3.0” =15x9 et2.25"

So I think the new offset is 7.6.

So to run a 225/45/15 or 225/50/15 do I need a spacer and what size?

Thanks for the help. I am clueless when it comes to calculating proper offsets. I saw a couple threads noted 15x8 would fit a 225 with a ET20 without rubbing. Not sure how the extra .5 of an 15x8.5 would affect it. However I saw another post of someone running the same wheel with no spacer in the back and 8x15 in the front with ET14 http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-rm-012-15x8-5
                            Correct, +8 or so. Even a 205/50 will require rear fender rolling. Stretch is necessary for that fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by dvallis View Post
                              I'm considering running a 17x9 245/40/17 square setup on Das Beast.

Looking for input on the proper offsets, front and rear.

Bodywork clearance is not an issue. I can chop, grind or add flares. Mainly concerned with suspension interference.

Running 15x7 TRM C1 ET25 with 205/55/15 now. Clearance between the front suspension and tire sidewall is only 12mm.

Clearance between rear tire and suspension is 50mm.

My calculations using this web site say I should be running offsets of 5-ET front and 25-ET rear.

Looking for feedback.
                              +10 front +30 rear would be perfect. There is enough room inside for these offsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonblitz View Post
                                Hey Jay, we've met before, I'm not sure if you recall. Your Z would always come out on top in Bimmercruise and I'd get runner up for our class :p :)

I am helping a close friend with his E30 build.
                                This is our progress thread here. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=395205

We are looking into wheel/tire options.
                                The car will have 5 lug conversion (E36 M3 front and E36 318ti rear) and converted to M3 body.
                                Also we are running GAZ coilovers.

We already know that we will have to run an 18" rim due to the big brakes.
                                We are hoping to run as wide of a tire as possible paired with a wide rim (staggered setup) but want to avoid any kind of rubbing.

Looking to see what advice you can give on this.
                                What's up man. Love your Imola Z4M. F15 brakes? That's a damn cool project.

Because of the combination of E36 5-lug and E30 M3 custom bodywork, I really can't say for sure what offset and width combination will be ideal on that car. I'd try to find some 8.5" or wider factory wheels and do some test fitting once the bodywork is done. X5 wheels, E60, E46 M3, etc whatever you can find laying around that's reasonably wide. The diameter will be too tall but it will give you an idea of what offset range to shoot for. Wish I could give you an exact setup to run but with all of those variables combined it's not possible for me to do it. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X