Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x8.5 et 0

Both FR and RR. Will I have issues, prefer not to have to use spacers or roll fenders? Car is stock suspension, but looking at getting GC coilovers, any issues with those potentially?

Also maximum tire size I can go with that fitment?

Comment

Originally posted by charltonward View Post
      Have a turbo build in the works, and am in search of traction. Willing to roll (and maybe pull) the fenders the car isn't slammed, but it is low.
      17" wheels; what offset and width will allow the widest tire?
      What will that tires dimensions be?
      Would love to fit 255's in the back maybe 225's up front?
      Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      17x8 +25 235/40 front
      17x8.5 +30 245/40 rear

Should only need a roll in the back.
      What about on 17x9 +30mm wheels front and back?
      Last edited by charltonward; 12-13-2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

16x7.5 et20. Car is a late model with h&r sports. Could a 225/45/16 fit without rolling or spacers? Would a 215/45/16 be the better choice?

Comment

So I found a wheel I like, and I'm pretty sure I know the overall diameter and width I'd like, but am not sure when it comes to the offset. These are going to be going on my 1984 325e, which will be slightly lowered on Jom coilovers by the time the wheels get on it.
          WHEELS: 15x8, with either +16 or +0 offset. not looking to roll my fenders.
          TIRES: not really sure, need help knowing a size that will fit nice. I don't want to stretch. I was thinking of 195/55. Looking for a nice fat contact patch.

..Either way here are the wheels for reference, these are the +0 offsets but the +16's are basically the same just with different offset obviously.
          Free Shipping - U.S. Wheel 022 Series Drift Daytona FWD Black Wheels with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Wheels at Summit Racing.
          Last edited by EtaDriven; 12-18-2016, 06:22 PM. Reason: added suspension info.

Comment

Hey guys. Trying to figure out if this wheel will work with my plans. building a stripped out e30 and am considering doing fender flares since this car will never hold any collector value due to some of the rust rapair needed to be done including removing the sunroof cassette....that's another story.

I am considering purchasing a set of xxr 527's in 16x8.25 et0. I have had the 527's on my old FR-S and I like the design. With a 0 offset, i know the car would need rolled fenders at a minimum, but would these wheels actually fill out fender flares, or would they look sunken in and a little weird?

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
              Hey guys. Trying to figure out if this wheel will work with my plans. building a stripped out e30 and am considering doing fender flares since this car will never hold any collector value due to some of the rust rapair needed to be done including removing the sunroof cassette....that's another story.

I am considering purchasing a set of xxr 527's in 16x8.25 et0. I have had the 527's on my old FR-S and I like the design. With a 0 offset, i know the car would need rolled fenders at a minimum, but would these wheels actually fill out fender flares, or would they look sunken in and a little weird?

Thanks for the input.
              I know I'm not the boss dog here, but I've got pretty pertinent personal experience so I'll chime in if that's alright.

I ran a 16x8 et0 with KAMotors ultra-wide flares with 215/40s up front and they needed 20mm spacers to sit nicely. If you use less aggressive flares than mine and ran a meatier tire like a 225/45 I think they'd look nice. Otherwise you're looking for some camber plates and probably 195/45s max, and seeing as it sounds like this is more of a track car, I'd lean flares and proper tires.

Hope this helps!
              1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
              1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
              1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
              ...And a couple others...

Comment

Dude u rule! Thanks in advance for any guidance. I'm in an 88 vert, and looking at a staggered 16" setup with 7s and 8s. all offsets are +18.
                Tires i'm thinking 195/45/16 & 205/45/16. ground control coilovers - i like to DRIVE.
                A. how am i looking so far?
                B. does it sound right that i would need a spacer to push the front wheel out the extra 1/2" (if the offsets are equal and there's a 1" difference in wheel width)?
                C. would said spacer f up my steering feel?
                Keep up the rad work.
                Darien
                1974 2002 "Careen"
                1988 325i vert "Serene"
                1994 Ferrari 348 spider "Fiora"

Comment

Originally posted by stanhayward View Post
                  I know I'm not the boss dog here, but I've got pretty pertinent personal experience so I'll chime in if that's alright.

I ran a 16x8 et0 with KAMotors ultra-wide flares with 215/40s up front and they needed 20mm spacers to sit nicely. If you use less aggressive flares than mine and ran a meatier tire like a 225/45 I think they'd look nice. Otherwise you're looking for some camber plates and probably 195/45s max, and seeing as it sounds like this is more of a track car, I'd lean flares and proper tires.

Hope this helps!
                  Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
                    Will I need small flares with 235/40's too?
                    Yep. It'll rub often with stock quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by VBe30 View Post
                      I am looking for a tire size...I want to run as much tire as possible without pulling the fenders/rubbing.

1989 325is

Suspension
                      Ground Control Street kit Coilovers
                      Nasieg 5-lug conversion
                      Front
                      e36 M3 front hub (Pushes out +12mm)
                      Rear
                      z4 Hubs (Pushes out +2.5mm)
                      Wheels
                      e38 16x8 Style 5s Et23

Essentially makes front wheel et11 and rear wheel et20

What is the meatiest setup I can run?

Thanks!
                      215/45 or 205/50

Comment

Originally posted by dtm@heart View Post
                        I have a late model sedan with h&r sport, koni yellow, and looking to do 16x8 +23 with +18/20 adapters. I'd like as much meat as can fit and am ok with rolling fenders, what would you recommend? Thanks in advance.
                        205/45 and rolled fenders. Might still rub occasionally, the offset is too low.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          16x8 et20 no spacers.

235s going to rub?

Thanks in advace, Tire God.
                          There are no 235/xx/16 tires available for an E30. 225/45 works with a fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by burzaa View Post
                            16x8.5 et 0

Both FR and RR. Will I have issues, prefer not to have to use spacers or roll fenders? Car is stock suspension, but looking at getting GC coilovers, any issues with those potentially?

Also maximum tire size I can go with that fitment?
                            Way too low of an offset. Won't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by charltonward View Post
                              What about on 17x9 +30mm wheels front and back?
                              Front fitment is poor. You would need 18mm front spacers to clear the struts, then you're stuck with 205 or 215 tires due to fender clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
                                16x7.5 et20. Car is a late model with h&r sports. Could a 225/45/16 fit without rolling or spacers? Would a 215/45/16 be the better choice?
                                Should just barely clear with 225/45s and no roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X