Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raybk92 View Post
    In regards to this, having a 16x8 et20 wheel, is 205/50 tyre without stretch?

If i wanted to go with a with 225/40 or 225/45 can i use a similar offset without a spacer or what offset would you recommend ? As a reference these are the wheels i am looking
    MEISTER M1 3PIECEアルミホイールメーカー株式会社ワークのWEBサイト。

Also, I will have fortune auto coilovers with garagistics adjustable camber and toe rear subframe.

Thank-you
    www.tyrestretch.com is a great source. I run 17x8 205/50 up front for my winters (E46, but that's irrelevant) and there is ZERO stretch. The sidewall is bulky enough to appear completely square on the wheel.

225/40 doesn't really exist anymore from what I've seen. 225/45 will only work with a rear fender roll, and you would need to run stock or even more aggressive camber (typically -2.5 to -3.0 on very low cars). I'd personally go with 205/50 or 215/45 and use the adjustable rear to get the camber down to -2.0. would be nice and flush, wear the tires better, and provide better traction.

Comment

Originally posted by charltonward View Post
      What is needed to run 17x8.5 et30 up front?
      What is the widest tire I can fit up front with it?
      15x8 +22 will allow the widest tire possible?
      What tires will that be front and rear on 15" wheels?
      10mm front spacers. 215/40s with stock upper mounts. 235/40 will work if you have camber plates and turn them up.

15x8 +22 allows 225/50 or 225/45 all around with just a rear fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman604 View Post
        Hey. 325 touring on ground controls.
        Impul silhouettes 17x8 et36 and 17x9 et36

What size adapters would I need front and back?
        Tire sizes?
        Is it possible to run this setup without rubbing? Will it require heavy fender work? Thanks in advance
        18mm adapters front and rear. 205/40 tires all around is the largest that can easily fit with zero rubbing. Can use 195/40 up front if you're picky on the stretch matching. Just a rear fender roll needed.

Comment

Originally posted by 4doorbmw View Post
          Ccw 16x9 et19 square , anyway to make them fit with adapters and no fender work?going on a 89 325i 2dr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
            I'm usually a reader of this thread, love it. Thx everyone who's contributing.
            Looking to get a set of track wheels/tires and wanted to get some input on tire sizes.

Any input on tire sizes for:
            17x9 et30 front w/ 15-20mm spacer to clear strut
            17x9 et30 rear w/ 5mm spacer

This would be on an early model w/ rolled fenders, 5x120 hubs.
            5x120 swap results in about -10mm offset front & rear.

Currently running 16x8.5 et13 w/ 3mm spacer front, 16x9.5 et19 rear.
            205/45 front
            215/40 rear
            Front pokes slightly but no rub.
            With E36 hubs you shouldn't need any spacers with 17x9 +30. I'd run that size all around with 235/40 tires.

Same with your 16s, why are you running spacers up front? There should be acres of space. Unless it's caliper interference then okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Bry-Buoy View Post
              Hi Mystikal, fantastic and informative thread, thanks for all your information! Just picked up an '88 325is and here's my desired setup:
              Ground Control suspension - hoping to drop it approx. 2"
              Looking to run all 4 wheels the same size, ESM-002r (either 16x8 ET20 or 16x9 ET15) most likely with a 205/50 or 205/45 tire.
              Would either of those wheel sizes work for me without needing spacers or any fender rolling?
              I would prefer the 16x9s for the deeper dish look, but if I will need spacers or fender rolling then I'd prefer the 16x8s.
              Thanks for your help!!
              The 16x9s would require a small front spacer 205/45s all around, as well as a rear fender roll if you really slam it. I think the 16x8s with 205/50s sounds like a better setup for you.

And hey, you're in the city. If you need fender rolling or any other BMW service I'm nearby. www.stancefactory.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jayzrb View Post
                Hey man,
                I'm fairly new on this. I'm pretty sure what iam about to ask has
                Already been answered. But there's like 600 odd pages in this topic. Lol

I've bought some 17x9 et20 4x100.
                Rear fenders have been rolled.

I knw they will fit. What tyres can I put on the rear and the front.
                Was thinking 235 or 245 on the rear and maybe 225 on the front.

I dnt mind using spacers .
                You need 5mm front spacers to clear the struts. Once you're out there, a 215/40 is the largest tire that will fit (and it will still be VERY close to rubbing). 215/40 is the limit for the rears, and again, will need a fender roll if you slam it.

The practical size limit for most 17s is 8.5" wide IMO. You can get a bit wider in the rear with the right offset, but stuffing 17x9 or larger up front is difficult to pull off on an E30.

Comment

Originally posted by sklbase View Post
                  Hi.

I'm on HR Sports and Billy HDs, 4x100

What tire size on 17x8 OZ Supertourismo WRC wheels ET 40 with 15 mm spacers

Thanks
                  Very nice. 215/40 fits without mods, 235/40 works all around with just a rear fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Clinte30 View Post
                    Any ideas on what size spacer I can run on theses ? Just want to get the wheels as close to flush without scrubbing, car has rolled guards and will be on coilovers.
                    What size tires are on there? Or do you still need to get tires?

Comment

Originally posted by Trickniner View Post
                      I have an 89 325i sedan. It is running H&R Springs and Konis. I previously asked about a 15" wheel setup but a deal opposed up locally for a set of 16" that I picked up on a whim.

They are Privat Remember 16X7 +20. They have 205/50/16 all seasons currently mounted. I'm noticing some rubbing but it is not over bumps it only rubs slightly during high turning angles, like almost full lock. It's really only noticeable during parking lot maneuvering. I looked and the rubbing appears to be on the front of the inner fender, like where the brake duct comes through. Is this due to the fact that it is a 16" wheel with a 50 profile tire? I know a lot of the 15" wheels I had looked at where running the a 50 profile so I would have thought the 16" would need a 45. I am wondering if going to the smaller profile would help eliminate the slight rub under hard turning angles.
                      Very common issue. 205/50/16s are actually 24.1" tall, or just slightly bigger than the stock late-model E30 195/65/14. The E30 was originally designed for 195/60/14 tires, which are a full inch shorter than the late model size. So BMW was already pushing the limits of what the front wheel well will hold from the factory. Go just slightly taller, and you will start to scrub the liner at full lock. My 205/50/16s on 16x7s did the exact same thing.

First, check and make sure the liner is fully secured. If it's hanging loose at all, even one fastener missing, that can cause it to touch. Another factor is front control arm bushings. Often people upgrade to offset ones, which pushes the front wheels forward for additional caster. This causes wheel fitment issues with taller tires such as these.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                        Ok new question. I have E38 Style 5 wheels, 16x8 with 23 offset square 5x120.

I am putting on the five lug setup designed by rogineer and the front puts E36 hubs which adds about 12mm to the front track, which basically puts me at a 23 offset if i did my math right.

The rear will have the E30 M3 hubs which I guess pushes the track out 6mm.

What's the widest wheel I can fit, I dont mind rolling the fenders but I dont want to do any mods other then that.

The suspension will be Bilstien with HR Sports.

The car is a 1991 325is. I asked this before but it was with different 17" rims.
                        You'll be limited to 205/45 tires with those wheels. If you find higher offset 16s, something for/from a 3 series for example, you can jam 225/45s under there. The offset of the 5s is too low for that.

Comment

Originally posted by sklbase View Post
                          How about 18" alpinas on the same 5-lug setup? How wide of a rim/tire can you run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Offsets?

Comment

Originally posted by FireFight View Post
                            16x7 with et38
                            Tires are 225/45
                            I know I'll need to run some spacers, the car is lowered so I'm torn between 10.5mm and 7mm

Any thoughts?
                            12mm front 15mm rear would look great and fit perfectly.

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              With E36 hubs you shouldn't need any spacers with 17x9 +30. I'd run that size all around with 235/40 tires.

Same with your 16s, why are you running spacers up front? There should be acres of space. Unless it's caliper interference then okay.

The front strut is still e30. Not running anything e36 besides the hubs. It's effective like running a 12mm spacer. That's why I chose 17x8.5 et20.

The 3mm spacer on the 16s is for caliper clearance, the apex won't need that

For tires I chose
                              215/45 front hankook rs3
                              225/45 rear hankook rs3

Will report back how they fit
                              Last edited by pandaboo911; 01-27-2017, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                You'll be limited to 205/45 tires with those wheels. If you find higher offset 16s, something for/from a 3 series for example, you can jam 225/45s under there. The offset of the 5s is too low for that.
                                Ok these are the 7's which is slightly better but probably still not good enough from what you are saying.
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X