Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thedodd View Post
    Will these work on a 1991 325iX? 4x114.3. I really don't know much about wheel fitment, but it seems like a decent deal.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6-cc1872600dee
    It's the wrong bolt pattern, you need a 4x100. Also the ix hubs are out further and requires a higher off set. Those would probably dig into the fenders.

Comment

I've been looking for steelies for my 1991 325iX, and came across Bassett wheels. They look great, and I've seen people use them on their E30s, but I'm not sure how. The ones I'm looking at would equate to a +0 offset, which would obviously poke the wheels out another 41mm from my current stock basketweaves. I like a little width in my stance, and some deep dish action, but how much can I get away with? I'm still pretty new to wheel metrics, and while I have a handle on the math, I'm lacking in the experience. I'm not sure if these would work without needing something else like rolling fenders, etc. Anyone have experience with this/these?

These specifically.

Comment

4x100 7x15 et 35​
        works? what size tires? no spacers?

Comment

I have an 84 318i with rear drums. I am doing 5 lug swap using dropout from a 3.0 Z3 and front dropout from an e36 M3. What offset would keep the wheels in approximately the same plane as original? Bonus question: I would prefer 15" or 16" wheels so what width can I use with this set up? Thanks

Comment

Will a 17x8.5 et21 wheel fit the front with fender rolling and stretched tire? Car is a 1991 318i, 5lug e36 non M, GC coilovers.

Comment

So a lot of good tires are only available in 205/50/15 these days instead of 205/55/15 and I'd rather not run something undersized for the wheel well and with less sidewall given that I can encounter some kinda shitty asphalt. With 15x7 (e.g. euroweave-spec and many others) 4x100 wheels, is there a tire that's got good wet performance, is fairly temperature tolerant/suitable for dailying in the PNW (western WA state)? It's lower on my priority list than other stuff but I would like to relegate my 14"s to winter duty someday and get 15"s with good summers that are sensible but can stand up to cool nights in spring/early autumn and the occasional parking lot autocross or rare HPDE at a local track.

I plan to slap some koni yellows in there soon but will be remaining at my current mtech/is package height (15mm lower than a regular 325is). I don't mind meaty tires if they don't rub or need rolling and are safe to stretch or squash a bit. I just want something sensible, grippy, precipitation-friendly, generally fine above freezing that will be switched out for winters below that, is close to stock diameter and amount of sidewall and reasonably lasting. Any recommendations for a one-car situation with those provisos?
              i'm in love with german cars // gliding past me on the autobahn

stainless idols with silent hearts // never turning as we drift apart

Comment

Originally posted by raymang View Post
                Hey guys, wondering if I can run some 15x8 +28 RPF1s in an early model. Seen posts with spacers ranging from 12mm to 20mm. My guess is I'd need a minimum of a 8mm spacer to get to that magical 18mm +/- 5mm, but seeing larger spacers makes me wonder if the spoke design causes issues.

Tires will be 205/55 or 205/50 depending on availability. Car is on OE Sports so about an inch of drop. Thanks!
                As an update if you still have the stock strut perches you'll need 15mm spacers to clear in the front. Could get away with 12.5mm ones maybe, but I bought 15mm ones. If you're on coils you could definitely go down to 10mm (maybe 8mm) spacers since no perch. Rears clear with no spacers, but they are really stuck in. 205/55R15.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0077.jpg Views:	0 Size:	214.3 KB ID:	10118464

Comment

Working...
                X