Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akorcovelos View Post
    Great info, thanks. Would those be a stretch fit? This is one of the most helpful threads EVER! Oh, and I think that was the 1001 thread :p
    forgot to ask, won't it be weird to have a 40 series in front and a 35 series in back? that would make the o.d. greater in front that back?

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
    HSAX Instructor

Comment

Great info, thanks. Would those be a stretch fit? This is one of the most helpful threads EVER! Oh, and I think that was the 1001 thread :p
      Sorry, forgot to answer that part. The fronts will be a moderate stretch (225 on 8.5"), the rears will be square.

Comment

Originally posted by fourcylsgood View Post
        Here's a new fitment for the Spec E30 guys

15x7 +10

Now, for Spec E30 the target tire size is 205/50R15 so I can see that working without necessarily having to roll fenders. (Not that the Spec E30 guys care but I do at the moment). But would 205/55 also work or does a 7" +10 require an undersized tire to avoid fender rolling?
        Crunching some numbers here, it looks like the 205/55 would definitely need fender rolling. You're on the ball with the undersized tire being required (and even with the 205/50 it would be close).

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
          Interesting - no fender modifications? This is really quite the chub of a tire, I'll have to take pics next to the 225 Dunlop.

- Rob
          Yup, given the manufacturer's data I'd wager that your setup should work without even rolling the fenders. The only variable off is that the R888 would be 24.2" instead of the typical 24" 225/50/15, which would obviously make the fitment very slightly more aggressive. To be honest I had to do my calculations over 3 times, because I didn't believe the results. That may be quite the ringer setup.

Comment

Originally posted by AriasATX View Post
            Thanks a bunch!!

I prefer the Euro flush look and as much width as possible as the car will be putting down 400+rwhp. Rolling the fender's isnt a problem. Also to note. The car will be on GC's with adjustment plate's and Koni's before these go on. Will the fitment become an issue? Oh and im going 17x8 all the way around. They dont offer the 17x9 in the BP needed.
            Unfortunately the flush look and tire width go together like oil and water.

With that much power, go for a 17x8 ET26 all around and wrap them in 235/40/17 tires. You'll have to do a mild fender roll at the most, and you'll have lots of rubber on the ground. It will also look VERY aggressive.

Comment

forgot to ask, won't it be weird to have a 40 series in front and a 35 series in back? that would make the o.d. greater in front that back?
              Nah, read this link on how tire sizes work (scroll down to the sidewall aspect ratio section): http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=46

225/40/16 and 245/35/16 are almost the same height. 215/40/16 and 245/35/16 are actually identical in height, if you really want them to match.

Comment

Question- I am looking to get a set of 17x8 inch wheels. I can pick the offset. What would be the optimal offset and tire size? I am currently s52 powered so I need all the tire I can get back there without having to do a lot of flaring.

I am on H&R Race springs and Bilstein Sports, I have the ability to raise the rear of the car up an 1/4-1/2 inch with plates I had made.

Thanks,
                Jeff
                Last edited by BlackE30; 05-01-2008, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Nah, read this link on how tire sizes work (scroll down to the sidewall aspect ratio section): http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=46

225/40/16 and 245/35/16 are almost the same height. 215/40/16 and 245/35/16 are actually identical in height, if you really want them to match.
                  awsome, thanks!

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                  HSAX Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Unfortunately the flush look and tire width go together like oil and water.

With that much power, go for a 17x8 ET26 all around and wrap them in 235/40/17 tires. You'll have to do a mild fender roll at the most, and you'll have lots of rubber on the ground. It will also look VERY aggressive.
                    As usual your answer is exactly what I was looking for :p That is what I am gonna go with then. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackE30 View Post
                      Question- I am looking to get a set of 17x8 inch wheels. I can pick the offset. What would be the optimal offset and tire size? I am currently s52 powered so I need all the tire I can get back there without having to do a lot of flaring.

I am on H&R Race springs and Bilstein Sports, I have the ability to raise the rear of the car up an 1/4-1/2 inch with plates I had made.

Thanks,
                      Jeff
                      You need only to look two posts above your original.

I'm going 17 x 8 et 25, with a 235/40/17.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Yea I saw that after I had posted, good stuff.

Thanks

Comment

Posting on behalf of a friend:
                          Hi Mystikal,

I am running H&R Race / Billy sports on the E30 318is at the moment, no front spring pads, but still the usual not-low-enough stance with the 4cyl.

Also recently acquired Borbet A’s in 16 x 7.5 ET20. Some tire sizes in question are:

205/45R16
                          205/50R16
                          225/45R16

Thinking of adding 10-15mm spacers in the back to fill out the fenders a bit better.

Given the high ride height of the H&R Races, would the shorter 205/45s look odd? Too much wheel gap? Any insights appreciated. What do you think of the other two alternatives listed?

Regards,
                          http://bbswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

Jay,

17x10.5. What are we looking at offset wise? I plan on rocking 235/40/17s. :D

Yes, they will be drifted on 8-)
                            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by BlackE30 View Post

Thanks,
                              Jeff
                              Yep, same deal as the reply I gave yesterday. ET26 and 235/40/17 is about perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by ryno View Post
                                Posting on behalf of a friend:
                                Hi Mystikal,

I am running H&R Race / Billy sports on the E30 318is at the moment, no front spring pads, but still the usual not-low-enough stance with the 4cyl.

Also recently acquired Borbet A’s in 16 x 7.5 ET20. Some tire sizes in question are:

205/45R16
                                205/50R16
                                225/45R16

Thinking of adding 10-15mm spacers in the back to fill out the fenders a bit better.

Given the high ride height of the H&R Races, would the shorter 205/45s look odd? Too much wheel gap? Any insights appreciated. What do you think of the other two alternatives listed?

Regards,
                                Haha, whoa. When you click "quote" the amount of vb code that comes up is incredible.

Given the wheels, there is really not much room in the back for 10-15mm spacers and the tire choices given. A 10mm spacer and 205/45/16 tire is the most feasible option, and even then it will be close with unrolled lips. Running the 205/45 will also make the wheel gap look even bigger, as it is only a 23.2" tall tire. Your friend obviously has some choices to make here, which depend mostly on their priorities. I'd also like to note that all of the sizes he mentioned can be run on those wheels (without the spacers) without even fender rolling. For me, I'd probably buy a set of 215/45/16 Falken RT-615s, run no spacers, and enjoy the ride...but of course I'm biased. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X