Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info. To be honest I never factored in sway bars before, yet another reason why I can't just create a chart and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
      Blue
      lol. my car is silver hahaha i love spotmax's
      Originally posted by e30e
      lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

If you can find the exact distance between the hub and the strut, you can make a chart that will give a good basis. Few people man up to 9" in the front to have to worry about hitting sways and whatnot.

For a general consensus, it'd be alright.
        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Geeez It is a lot harder than I thought to find some track wheels for this e30 POS.

I have HR Race coils and want to tuck some wide rubber. After reading all of the posts, we have a few types here: Newbs wanting to hear you justify Sportmax. Low Budget Traditionalists justifying stock, BandWagon Junkies wanting used BBS or Borbets, and finally "Max Fitment" the guy that has enough power to have fun sideways.

I heeded your advice and looked at the inventory @ 18racing.com nothing jumped out at me but a set of "SLIPSTREAM 1680 20 4X100 57.1 FBLK"

Man I do not know what is worse, hearing the rice Haters over on the Honda forums rip Rota, or the BMW nerds bash Sportmax. I haven't been on here long, but I have noticed the real motor sports enthusiasts run what keeps them on the track.....and we wont go there.

What is your advice? I don't have the play money to dump on custom forged wheels, like I did when I was single. Those days are long gone. luckily for me my wife runs the circuit in her vw.

Oh, btw..... lollygagz...:wgaf:
          88 325 S-ETA --Wahwooweewah

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
            If you can find the exact distance between the hub and the strut, you can make a chart that will give a good basis. Few people man up to 9" in the front to have to worry about hitting sways and whatnot.

For a general consensus, it'd be alright.
            Gawd, I would love to man up to some 9" neg camber action......I wish I was still down there in FTL. You friendly with team aero-k? ... used to live down the street from Raffi
            88 325 S-ETA --Wahwooweewah

Comment

Raffi and Team Aero-K are cool, but they are pretty focused on doing their own thing. I always run into them at local events.
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Jay,

How does 16x9 et7 front and 16x9 et0 rear sound?

205/45

I plan on pulling/REALLY rolling and cutting the rear fenders.

If I HAVE to 195/45s

I remember you telling me that I was one of the only cars that looked good on A's because of the lack of poke in the front. Well I was thinking that if I matched that poke in the rear it would sit just right.
                Last edited by Erik; 05-06-2008, 09:26 AM.
                -Erik
                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Spacer question - 87 325e

Can I run 205/50/15 tires on 325ix wheels on my 87 325 with no spacers? From one of your threads, looked like I need no spacers. Just confirming before I buy tires (or spacers).

Comment

I am looking at a set of Rondell 58's in 17x8.5 et15.

How much trouble would it be to fit on a late model e30 325i with e30 M3 5 lug conversion with H&R race springs?

TIA...

Comment

Originally posted by 153624 View Post
                      Geeez It is a lot harder than I thought to find some track wheels for this e30 POS.

I have HR Race coils and want to tuck some wide rubber. After reading all of the posts, we have a few types here: Newbs wanting to hear you justify Sportmax. Low Budget Traditionalists justifying stock, BandWagon Junkies wanting used BBS or Borbets, and finally "Max Fitment" the guy that has enough power to have fun sideways.

I heeded your advice and looked at the inventory @ 18racing.com nothing jumped out at me but a set of "SLIPSTREAM 1680 20 4X100 57.1 FBLK"

Man I do not know what is worse, hearing the rice Haters over on the Honda forums rip Rota, or the BMW nerds bash Sportmax. I haven't been on here long, but I have noticed the real motor sports enthusiasts run what keeps them on the track.....and we wont go there.

What is your advice? I don't have the play money to dump on custom forged wheels, like I did when I was single. Those days are long gone. luckily for me my wife runs the circuit in her vw.

Oh, btw..... lollygagz...:wgaf:
                      Yeah, I actually had a hand in spec'ing those Rotas. They're made for an E30, and are a great setup. You can put on 225/45/16 tires if you roll the fenders flat, it's a pretty aggressive fitment. It also looks really wide in person, since that's what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                        Jay,

How does 16x9 et7 front and 16x9 et0 rear sound?

205/45

I plan on pulling/REALLY rolling and cutting the rear fenders.

If I HAVE to 195/45s

I remember you telling me that I was one of the only cars that looked good on A's because of the lack of poke in the front. Well I was thinking that if I matched that poke in the rear it would sit just right.
                        I think FUZZ's car (or however he spelled it, white late car on A's) had 15mm spacers in the back IIRC. You can get a good idea from that on how it would look. As for fitment, yeah you'll be working the fenders for a while.

Honestly I like your car as is, but hey that's not my job here. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Darkkerry View Post
                          Can I run 205/50/15 tires on 325ix wheels on my 87 325 with no spacers? From one of your threads, looked like I need no spacers. Just confirming before I buy tires (or spacers).
                          No, they'll need spacers for sure. 5mm is enough for the fronts, and you don't need anything on the rear. But they will look odd this way, completely sunken into the fenders. They look great with 20mm spacers all around and those same tires (no fender rolling needed).

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                            I am looking at a set of Rondell 58's in 17x8.5 et15.

How much trouble would it be to fit on a late model e30 325i with e30 M3 5 lug conversion with H&R race springs?

TIA...
                            It's possible, the easiest would be to stretch on 205/40/17s. If you really don't want to do that 215/40/17 is about the widest you can go without heavy fender work (even these would require a lot of rolling, and possibly cracked paint).

Comment

Okay two more questions.

1. What offset is optimal for 17x8.5" if I want to fit 215/40's?

2. How stiff should my springs and shocks for the look I'm trying to achieve? My rates are pretty low (GC 325/475) and I was thinking if I stiffen the Koni S/A's to full hard or even medium it would keep the fenders from hitting the wheels/tires. Or should I just go with a new heavy setup like I mentioned before?

That is all. And yes I love this thread.
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                                Okay two more questions.

1. What offset is optimal for 17x8.5" if I want to fit 215/40's?

2. How stiff should my springs and shocks for the look I'm trying to achieve? My rates are pretty low (GC 325/475) and I was thinking if I stiffen the Koni S/A's to full hard or even medium it would keep the fenders from hitting the wheels/tires. Or should I just go with a new heavy setup like I mentioned before?

That is all. And yes I love this thread.
                                ET20. Depending on the tire, that may not even need fender rolling.

If you want to go under ET20, I recommend much stiffer rates. The Euro guys around here that I've been helping out have all put 500/650 or similar on their cars. But if you're cool with the ET20 look (which is still pretty damn aggressive, just look at any car with 17x8 ET20 Style 5's), those rates are fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X