Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    I think FUZZ's car (or however he spelled it, white late car on A's) had 15mm spacers in the back IIRC. You can get a good idea from that on how it would look. As for fitment, yeah you'll be working the fenders for a while.

Honestly I like your car as is, but hey that's not my job here. :p
    Yeah I would like to keep the staggered fitment but the front just isn't wide enough for me. If I can't even run a 195 and have it stretch, it's time for a wider wheel. In case you're wondering, I test fitted them and I love it...

-Erik
    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

...all put 500/650 or similar on their cars...
      See now I'm torn between going euro and putting a more manly tire on there...its a 318iS for goodness sakes.

If I up my rates I have to get new shocks to go with the rates too, which means more money and more time before I can get it done... :(
      Reminiscing...

Comment

205/50/15 on 325e

No, they'll need spacers for sure. 5mm is enough for the fronts, and you don't need anything on the rear. But they will look odd this way, completely sunken into the fenders. They look great with 20mm spacers all around and those same tires (no fender rolling needed).
        Thanks Jay. Any recommendation on brand of spacers? Also, the wheels I have came with 205/55/15s...I presume those will work with the 20mm spacers as well?

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
          See now I'm torn between going euro and putting a more manly tire on there...its a 318iS for goodness sakes.

If I up my rates I have to get new shocks to go with the rates too, which means more money and more time before I can get it done... :(
          Well, you don't have to. But yeah, standard off the shelf Konis definitely don't feel right to me at those rates. Others have different opinions, but I can definitely feel how underdamped they are. 325/475 would be a more suitable setup.

Just run the 205s and drop the offset. There isn't that much more pleasure in 10mm more tire, you'd be happier with the "look".

Comment

Originally posted by Darkkerry View Post
            Thanks Jay. Any recommendation on brand of spacers? Also, the wheels I have came with 205/55/15s...I presume those will work with the 20mm spacers as well?
            H&R is always the safe bet. And yes, those tires will be fine also.

Comment

I have an '87 325is with Bilstein sports/H&R sports combo,Will a 16x7 et15 or a 16x7.5 et25 wheel with Falken RT-615 215-45/16's fit without any fender rolling?
              thanks in advance!
              Last edited by ultimateze; 05-07-2008, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimateze View Post
                I have an '87 325is with Bilstein sports/H&R sports combo,Will a 16x7 et15 or a 16x7.5 et25 wheel with Falken RT-615 215-45/16's fit without any fender rolling?
                thanks in advance!
                Either wheel setup would work fine without fender rolling. If it's a choice I'd go with the 16x7.5 ET25 for better sidewall support and more accurate steering geometry (close to stock).

Comment

Just run the 205s and drop the offset. There isn't that much more pleasure in 10mm more tire, you'd be happier with the "look".
                  ET20 front / ET17 rear on 205's sounds good.
                  Reminiscing...

Comment

Would this fit?
                    borbet 4x100 16x7.5 et35 and 16x9 et15 ?
                    If so what size tires do I need to run safely with a nice drop?

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                      Alright it's mine turn to ask a question. There are 56 pages and I tried searching through this thread but there is a lot of reading.

I want:
                      15x8 with an ET0

That means I have to run a 195/50/15 tire and roll the shit out of my rear fenders correct?

And our center bore is 57.1mm correct? Is the offset in mm? Thanks.

I am looking at some Diamond Racing Wheels for the E30 right now.

Thanks in advance!

You're correct on all counts, although I don't think the rear rolling will be as bad as you worded it. The tires are so short that I think it'll be okay with just a minor roll, even if the car is slammed.

Jay
                      Alright. If I want to push a 205/50/15 would that be okay with my H&R Sport Springs and Billy Sports set up?

Thanks again in advance.
                      I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                      2875-C Towerview Road
                      Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                        ET20 front / ET17 rear on 205's sounds good.
                        You'll have good room to spare. Go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by iNetForce View Post
                          Would this fit?
                          borbet 4x100 16x7.5 et35 and 16x9 et15 ?
                          If so what size tires do I need to run safely with a nice drop?
                          You need a spacer on the front just to clear the struts. I'd actually recommend 20mm at least, in order to get the front wheels to anywhere near where the rears are (that is an insanely staggered setup once you factor in the offsets).

So, I recommend...
                          Front: 20mm spacers, 205/45/16 tires
                          Rear: No spacers, 215/40/16 tires

You would have to mildly roll the rear fender lips.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                            Alright. If I want to push a 205/50/15 would that be okay with my H&R Sport Springs and Billy Sports set up?

Thanks again in advance.
                            I wouldn't even try it. In reality a 15x8 ET0 wheel doesn't even come close to fitting an E30 properly, you have to run tiny tires in order to get them to not cram into fenders.

Comment

how about these ???

These are discount tires line of rims.........they are well priced. They are a 16x7 38mm offset. Id like to run 205/50/16's on them.........Think they will fit a stock soon to be H&R'ed sport spring-ed out 325 ?? Im thinking w/ a 10mm spacer maybe ??? Gimme some input, thanks
                              Attached Files
                              [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by expressfish View Post
                                These are discount tires line of rims.........they are well priced. They are a 16x7 38mm offset. Id like to run 205/50/16's on them.........Think they will fit a stock soon to be H&R'ed sport spring-ed out 325 ?? Im thinking w/ a 10mm spacer maybe ??? Gimme some input, thanks
                                15mm spacers are what you're looking for. You can run up to 225/45/16 without even rolling the fenders if you'd like.

Comment

Working...
                                X