Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clavinZERO View Post
    I see what you mean about the half rolled part.

I was thinking that 7mm or so more towards the fender linings (from the ~15mm larger diameter) wouldn't be too bad. You think it will rub too much?

195/65/R14 Overall Diameter: 23.98 in 609.09 mm

215/45/R17 Overall Diameter: 24.61 in 625.09 mm

215/40/R17 Overall Diameter: 23.77 in 603.75 mm

I have a car on front of me with the 215/40s and the sidewall is scary small for these roads around here.
    Search on here, there are a few cases where the guys ran 215/45 and had to sell them off, one very recently. Of course you can do it and modify the plastic liner and perhaps the metal where they need attention, just don't be surprised if it happens. :D

-Jay

Comment

I will take your word for it that the diameter is too large. Thanks a bunch dood!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
      HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
      **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Awesome, thanks man!

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        You won't notice 2mm. If anything put them on the rear, because lining up spacers is easier on the hub that won't spin (keep the parking brake on).

-Jay
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

What is everyone's thoughts on these two wheel spacers?

Should I go with the Turner/H&R's? Also, I have some 4x100 enkei wheels I'm fitting, Should I look into hub centric rings? I'm planning on running a 15-20mm spacer front and rear. ( 16x8 ET38 )

What do you guys think?
          Last edited by RyanZ06; 05-24-2007, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanZ06 View Post
            What is everyone's thoughts on these two wheel spacers?

Should I go with the Turner/H&R's? Also, I have some 4x100 enkei wheels I'm fitting, Should I look into hub centric rings? I'm planning on running a 15-20mm spacer front and rear. ( 16x8 ET38 )

What do you guys think?
            H&R's are tried and true, I've personally never heard of the other brand but if they're machined right it's hard to argue.

Run 20mm spacers all around. 15mm will be a little close to the strut.

-Jay

Comment

i'm about to purchase some 17" 5-Zigen Fighters that were on a civic. if the offset is wrong, can i correct it?

Comment

Originally posted by More&Faster View Post
                i'm about to purchase some 17" 5-Zigen Fighters that were on a civic. if the offset is wrong, can i correct it?
                Yes. Big spacers and longer bolts.

But don't, because without even looking up those wheels I have a strong hunch that they're ugly on an E30.

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Yes. Big spacers and longer bolts.

But don't, because without even looking up those wheels I have a strong hunch that they're ugly on an E30.

-Jay
                  thanks for the quick reply

i personally love the way they look. ill post pics when they're on the car. where do i get the spacers and long bolts? will it drive fine after i do that?

Comment

Turner Motorsport, H&R spacers/bolts (or BBS bolts, whatever). It'll drive perfectly fine.

-Jay

Comment

mystikal I am getting closer to the build I am working on with the koni front and rear in car adjustables from ground control once I get the rears from them since they forgot to send them to me!!! With H & R race springs with the 17x7 et25 10 spokes with BFG KDW2's 215/40-17's hope it all fits like you say it will. Glad I didnt go with the 225/40-17's as these are bigger than I thought they would be.

Comment

Jay,

I am expecting my Borbet Type Cs (16X7.5 et 35) to show up anytime now. I decided to get the RE-01Rs. The BMWCCA discount pushed me over the top! Here are the choices...what do you think here? I don't have rolled fenders...yet?

205/45-16
                        205/55-16
                        225/50-16

Thank you,

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by ron k View Post
                          Jay,

I am expecting my Borbet Type Cs (16X7.5 et 35) to show up anytime now. I decided to get the RE-01Rs. The BMWCCA discount pushed me over the top! Here are the choices...what do you think here? I don't have rolled fenders...yet?

205/45-16
                          205/55-16
                          225/50-16

Thank you,

Ron
                          RE-01R's are excellent tires, but they don't offer any sizes that are very E30-applicable. The 205/45/16 will fit but is undersized (which ends up sacrificing traction), and the other 2 do not work.

I recommend getting 215/45/16 Falken RT-615s instead. They offer very similar performance to the RE-01R, and will fill out the E30 wheel wells a lot better. They are also pretty cheap.

Oh, and you need spacers for your wheels. Think 15mm hubcentric.

-Jay

Comment

14X7 ET35 with a 73mm centerbore and 225/50 kumhos.

what spacers might i need?

Originally posted by vlad
                            Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
                              14X7 ET35 with a 73mm centerbore and 225/50 kumhos.

what spacers might i need?
                              Which Kumhos? Like V710s?

Jay

Comment

oops, hoosiers A3S05 in 225/50... sorry

Originally posted by vlad
                                Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Working...
                                X