Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked a lil while back but never got an answer I have 17x7 with 55et for the front and 17x8.5 50et in the rear wanna know can i fit these and what width adapters would you recommend I was planning on 25mm all around would like to know asap so I can purchase adapters

Comment

Originally posted by 1dollae30 View Post
      I asked a lil while back but never got an answer I have 17x7 with 55et for the front and 17x8.5 50et in the rear wanna know can i fit these and what width adapters would you recommend I was planning on 25mm all around would like to know asap so I can purchase adapters
      25mm all around will give a very staggered look, with the rears close to flush with the fenders and the fronts a good inch inside. If you want a more balanced look I'd move to at least 35mm in the front.

For tires, I'd run 205/40/17 in the front and either 215/40/17 or 225/35/17 in the back. FWIW, Tirerack has the 205/40 and 225/35 Pirelli PZero Nero on clearance right now for $79/ea. I'd jump on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        For tires, I'd run 205/40/17 in the front and either 215/40/17 or 225/35/17 in the back. FWIW, Tirerack has the 205/40 and 225/35 Pirelli PZero Nero on clearance right now for $79/ea. I'd jump on that.
        What what what?

I wonder if I can cancel the order for the two tires I just made!!!!!
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I drive a stock, non-m3 e30. 1987 325is.

I want 15" wheels, and I want to run *without* spacers.
          I wish to avoid rolling the fenders outright.

A few different 15x7" sets have caught my eye.
          The car will be put onto H&R Sport springs in the coming months.

I will live with tire size, as long as the right wheels get onto the car (form>function as far as this mod goes... I'll make it up w/ the engine)

My questions:
          1) what are my offset parameters for aftermarket wheel success?
          2) what tire size will I need to run as a consequence of my setup?

oddball:
          3) one set of wheels is made up of one pair et20, the other pair et26. How does this impact answers 1 and 2? Which pair is the limiting factor?

Comment

Originally posted by JuanPabloBongto View Post
            I drive a stock, non-m3 e30. 1987 325is.

I want 15" wheels, and I want to run *without* spacers.
            I wish to avoid rolling the fenders outright.

A few different 15x7" sets have caught my eye.
            The car will be put onto H&R Sport springs in the coming months.

I will live with tire size, as long as the right wheels get onto the car (form>function as far as this mod goes... I'll make it up w/ the engine)

My questions:
            1) what are my offset parameters for aftermarket wheel success?
            2) what tire size will I need to run as a consequence of my setup?

oddball:
            3) one set of wheels is made up of one pair et20, the other pair et26. How does this impact answers 1 and 2? Which pair is the limiting factor?
            You're on the right track here, but your questions are still a little too vague to give truly direct answers to them.

But, in general (and there are exceptions, even despite the long list of specifics I'm about to get into), a 15x7 will fit an E30 without spacers and without needing to roll the fenders while running 205/55/15 tires (stock size) anywhere from ET20-ET27.

Now for the third question, those will fit perfectly. Put the ET26 up front, the ET20 in the back, and run 205/55/15 tires all around. Great setup.

Comment

I have an IX and I was looking to run 17X7" wheels with a ET25 offset. Would this set up work without rolling or rubbing? Also if this does work what tire size should I look for. Keep in mind my car is stock ride height with stock suspension.
              Cars I currently own: 2003 Z4 3.0i 6 speed, 2009 328i xdrive Touring, 1979 E12 528i, 2001 Porsche 911 C2 Aero, 1992 Mercedes 300CE, 1988 Toyota 4runner

Past cars: 1987 325is 5 speed, 1987 325i convertible 5 speed, 1994 325i convertible 5 speed, 1991 325ix sedan, 2011 135i, 1987 325e

Comment

Originally posted by WoodlandIX View Post
                I have an IX and I was looking to run 17X7" wheels with a ET25 offset. Would this set up work without rolling or rubbing? Also if this does work what tire size should I look for. Keep in mind my car is stock ride height with stock suspension.
                Yep, it'll work fine. I'd stick to 205/40/17 tires if you don't want to risk having to roll the fenders though, it'll be pretty close with a 215/40.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Yep, it'll work fine. I'd stick to 205/40/17 tires if you don't want to risk having to roll the fenders though, it'll be pretty close with a 215/40.
                  Ok good. I was thinking that ET25 would be too low for an IX since stock is around ET42 and its a 7" wheel. But Im glad it will work with no problems.
                  Cars I currently own: 2003 Z4 3.0i 6 speed, 2009 328i xdrive Touring, 1979 E12 528i, 2001 Porsche 911 C2 Aero, 1992 Mercedes 300CE, 1988 Toyota 4runner

Past cars: 1987 325is 5 speed, 1987 325i convertible 5 speed, 1994 325i convertible 5 speed, 1991 325ix sedan, 2011 135i, 1987 325e

Comment

I know I've asked something similar before, but..
                    I'm going to putting Billie Sport's and H&R Race's on my late model e30.
                    I have BBS RM's, which are 15x8", et13.
                    What tire would look best without the risk of damaging my rims.
                    People have told me to go with 195/50/15's but I think they'll stretch too much and although that may look good, I don't want to risk my lips being finished...

Originally posted by Janderson
                    you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodlandIX View Post
                      Ok good. I was thinking that ET25 would be too low for an IX since stock is around ET42 and its a 7" wheel. But Im glad it will work with no problems.
                      Most people don't know this, but iX hubs are in reality only like 6-7mm further out. The wheels are 17mm higher in offset than the RWD 15" weaves, but they really don't need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
                        I know I've asked something similar before, but..
                        I'm going to putting Billie Sport's and H&R Race's on my late model e30.
                        I have BBS RM's, which are 15x8", et13.
                        What tire would look best without the risk of damaging my rims.
                        People have told me to go with 195/50/15's but I think they'll stretch too much and although that may look good, I don't want to risk my lips being finished...
                        If you try to run a 205, you're going to have some fender issues to work out. Just don't hit a curb, problem solved.

I have 215's on 18x9s on my M3 right now. I've become paranoid parallel parking, but that's about the only thing to worry about.

Comment

Hey, I have Hartge 16x7.5 wheels on my 325i. They are ET25. I was wondering if anyone knew how large a spacer I would need to push them out to be flush with the arches or just before them? I was thinking off of the top of my head 5mm front and 10mm rear. Cheers for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz_ View Post
                            Hey, I have Hartge 16x7.5 wheels on my 325i. They are ET25. I was wondering if anyone knew how large a spacer I would need to push them out to be flush with the arches or just before them? I was thinking off of the top of my head 5mm front and 10mm rear. Cheers for any help!
                            You'd need more than that to be close to flush. 15mm front and 20mm rear would be a good start, and you'd be running 195/45 tires. You would definitely need a fender roller for this.

Comment

hi all, mystical....
                              i have a set of bbs RM001 6.5" barrels with an et25 bmw fitment.(i know they are RM's but the RM001's were made spec. for BMW's) im in the process of refinishing them and thinking of going with 2" lips. that would put me at 15x8.5 with an et of ???. i have a set of 205/50/15 tires i am going to use. im currently on the groupbuy list for the lowtec 60/50 spring set. will i have some major issues rubbing with the 8.5's mounted with 205's? should i step back and go with 1.5" lips to stay 15x8 with an et of ??? thanks a bunch in advance.
                              -ben
                              www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Hi want to get set of these for an e30 318is. DTC Tourenwagen-Racing
                                here is a link to the site. http://www.ats-wheels.com/english/index_english.html. Now i know the 17x7.5" will fit the front but i would like to know if i can fit 17x9" et 25 on the rear without doing any mods to the car? And what size tyer would you recomend?

Thanks Massimo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X