Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20mm spacers. 14's are a bitch with those wide tires, because the strut angle is working against you.

Jay

Comment

would these require major rolling?

BBS RM
      fronts: 15x8.5 w/ 195/45/15
      rears: 15x9.5 w/ 215/40/15

id prefer wider tires on these wheels, but those are the currently mounted sizes

application is 90 325 with bilstein sports/ H&R sports
      Last edited by onaquest; 06-09-2007, 06:17 PM.
      http://bbswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

16x7 offset?

what is the ideal offset for 16x7 for my 1987 325e?

i am eyeing on a 16x7 et35. do i need hubcentric? is yes what exact size? i have stock suspension and will be upgrading to bilstein shocks SPORTS in the future.

i did search but did not find any exact answer. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ryno View Post
          would these require major rolling?

BBS RM
          fronts: 15x8.5 w/ 195/45/15
          rears: 15x9.5 w/ 215/40/15

id prefer wider tires on these wheels, but those are the currently mounted sizes

application is 90 325 with bilstein sports/ H&R sports
          Those wheels will be sticking way outside the fenders. The front offset becomes ET8, and the rears are ET-5. Because the tires are so tiny you actually might be able to get them on without flares, but the car will have be A LOT lower than H&R Sports to not look retarded.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
            what is the ideal offset for 16x7 for my 1987 325e?

i am eyeing on a 16x7 et35. do i need hubcentric? is yes what exact size? i have stock suspension and will be upgrading to bilstein shocks SPORTS in the future.

i did search but did not find any exact answer. Thanks!
            ET25 or so for those wheels. ET35 will be extremely close to the struts, if you'd like to use those wheels run 15mm spacers and 205/50/16 tires.

Jay

Comment

Jay:
              I picked up some iX basketweaves for my 86 with stock suspension. What size spacers would be good and whats a good tire size recommendation? Id like to have them sit at about like the ones in your sig but avoid any fender rolling if possible. Im also planning on upgrading the suspension sometime in the next year. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by e30 Luv View Post
                Jay:
                I picked up some iX basketweaves for my 86 with stock suspension. What size spacers would be good and whats a good tire size recommendation? Id like to have them sit at about like the ones in your sig but avoid any fender rolling if possible. Im also planning on upgrading the suspension sometime in the next year. TIA
                15mm spacers would make them fairly similar to Euro basketweaves, and leave plenty of room for 225/50/15 tires if you're interested.

20mm spacers would make them fit like my wheels, and then you can pretty much rule out any 225 dreams without rolling the fenders FLAT. 205/55/15 tires would be fine with that.

Jay

Comment

jay,

how much rolling to run 245/45/16 on a 16x8 et20 slipstream. im picking up M3ryans slips, and hes got those beeeefy ass tires on them. im not scared of a lil rolling. i read a couple threads where you said extensive rolling, but i just wanna know if we're talking like cuttin out metal. i am riding on 450/750 GC w/koni short bodys, so my ride is pretty damn stiff.
                  Last edited by golde30; 06-15-2007, 04:17 PM.
                  IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    15mm spacers would make them fairly similar to Euro basketweaves, and leave plenty of room for 225/50/15 tires if you're interested.

20mm spacers would make them fit like my wheels, and then you can pretty much rule out any 225 dreams without rolling the fenders FLAT. 205/55/15 tires would be fine with that.

Jay
                    thanks :D i think im going to have to go for 20mm with 225's, it just sounds to good to resist. so does that mean i need all 4 spacers? or just 20's in the front and something else for the rear pair?

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                      jay,

how much rolling to run 245/45/16 on a 16x8 et20 slipstream. im picking up M3ryans slips, and hes got those beeeefy ass tires on them. im not scared of a lil rolling. i read a couple threads where you said extensive rolling, but i just wanna know if we're talking like cuttin out metal. i am riding on 450/750 GC w/koni short bodys, so my ride is pretty damn stiff.
                      Honestly, talk to Ryan.

I know for a fact that with 225/45/16 tires on Slips, you have to get the fenders rolled completely flat, AND have a stiff suspension. It's a very aggressive fitment.

With the 20mm wider 245s, you're looking at some serious work (especially on late models). But just see what Ryan did.

Jay

Comment

thanks :D i think im going to have to go for 20mm with 225's, it just sounds to good to resist. so does that mean i need all 4 spacers? or just 20's in the front and something else for the rear pair?
                        Same spacer all around. I'm warning you right now, ET21 with 225s will need some good fender work.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          ET21 with 225s will need some good fender work.
                          thats okay with me, a friend of a friend has a roller I can borrow. by good fender work you just mean as flat as possible right? i wont need to actually roll up the lip? (sorry to make you hold my hand through this, but I just want to have a clear idea of what im getting into.)

Comment

thats okay with me, a friend of a friend has a roller I can borrow. by good fender work you just mean as flat as possible right? i wont need to actually roll up the lip? (sorry to make you hold my hand through this, but I just want to have a clear idea of what im getting into.)
                            Completely flat might do it.

I'm still struggling with my 225/50/15 R-S2s and 15x7 ET20 wheels. The fender is 80% flat and it's still rubbing quite severely during hard driving.

Jay

Comment

are you rubbing due to soft spring rates or your et is to aggressive? I am shopping for the perfect rate for my e30 and with my 0et I will need to run pretty stiff. I have already rolled and pulled my fenders flat.

Thanks.

ash

Comment

Originally posted by 8atman View Post
                                are you rubbing due to soft spring rates or your et is to aggressive? I am shopping for the perfect rate for my e30 and with my 0et I will need to run pretty stiff. I have already rolled and pulled my fenders flat.

Thanks.

ash
                                The spring rate is 475lb/in linear, which isn't exactly soft for a 2800lb car.

The tires are too wide, the offset is too low.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X