Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I have a set of BBS RS 036 that are 4x114.3 and 15x7, and I believe they are et40, could I find adaptors? If so, where is a good place to look?

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
      Hey man,

So I've got a bit of dilema.

I bought 16 x 7.5 rims ET 25. One of them is done for.

I have two that are on their way now, but they're an ET 38.

What spacer would you recommend I run?
      Well, 13mm would be perfect for obvious reasons. Since that's not exactly a common size, run 15mm spacers.

-Jay

Comment

so it seems like every1 who is running 16x9's is also running undersized tires. i want to know why i cant run a 225/45/16 tire on a 16x9 et7 front, and 16x9 et10 rear? and if its not possible, what is the closest to stock that i CAN fit. THANKS!
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Well, 13mm would be perfect for obvious reasons. Since that's not exactly a common size, run 15mm spacers.

-Jay
          It won't push them out too much? Should I run the two with spacers in the back or the front?

Yes, a 13mm spacer would be ideal!
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

about to wrap my 15x7 wheels.. 205/55VR15 is a good size? I plan on running H&R sports
            Last edited by Hatchman; 05-21-2007, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
              so it seems like every1 who is running 16x9's is also running undersized tires. i want to know why i cant run a 225/45/16 tire on a 16x9 et7 front, and 16x9 et10 rear? and if its not possible, what is the closest to stock that i CAN fit. THANKS!
              You can run 225/45 all around if you run an 8mm spacer. You might need to roll the fenders, but your car isn't low enough to cause horrible fitment problems.
              R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

I am running 225 45 r16 all around with 16x8 et20. You need to roll your fenders, it would probably fit better with alittle stretch.
                :: PNW Crew ::
                '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

im getting 16x8 sportmax 501's tomorrow, and i was planning on running 205 45 16's on them.

im wondering if i should do 45 or 50. and if i'll need hub rings or a stud kit or anything of the sort.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                    One guy on here did it already. Bert or something, has a black late model with 16x9 B1's and an ACS front, super clean car. You'll need to roll the shit outta the fenders. 215/45/16 is closer to stock size and will fit easier.

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                      It won't push them out too much? Should I run the two with spacers in the back or the front?

Yes, a 13mm spacer would be ideal!
                      You won't notice 2mm. If anything put them on the rear, because lining up spacers is easier on the hub that won't spin (keep the parking brake on).

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchman View Post
                        about to wrap my 15x7 wheels.. 205/55VR15 is a good size? I plan on running H&R sports
                        Sure is. Tell me the offset of the wheels.

-Jay

Comment

What about for cars with 5-ug swaps? (on facelifted cars, '88+)

I am doing the E36 M3 fronts and Z3 rears, and I am told E36 offsets are what work for wheels. Assuming this is correct (et41), I'm hoping I can run...

215/45/R17
                          on a 17 x 7.5 wheel (~.5" taller than stock)
                          or
                          215/40/R17 (~.2" shorter than stock)

...without rolling . Rolling involves squishing the underside of the lip to a sharper crease or actually pushing the whole arch outward? I assume most people are just squishing the inner part of the arch flatter?

Thanks!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                          HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                          **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse30 View Post
                            im getting 16x8 sportmax 501's tomorrow, and i was planning on running 205 45 16's on them.

im wondering if i should do 45 or 50. and if i'll need hub rings or a stud kit or anything of the sort.
                            205/50/16 is stock diameter. Do this.

You will need hub rings, and your stock bolts will be fine.

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by clavinZERO View Post
                              What about for cars with 5-ug swaps? (on facelifted cars, '88+)

I am doing the E36 M3 fronts and Z3 rears, and I am told E36 offsets are what work for wheels. Assuming this is correct (et41), I'm hoping I can run...

215/45/R17
                              on a 17 x 7.5 wheel (~.5" taller than stock)
                              or
                              215/40/R17 (~.2" shorter than stock)

...without rolling . Rolling involves squishing the underside of the lip to a sharper crease or actually pushing the whole arch outward? I assume most people are just squishing the inner part of the arch flatter?

Thanks!
                              215/40/17 will be easier to fit. 215/45 is tall enough to cause issues with the fender lining.

Rolling is just squishing the lip, yeah. No visible difference from the exterior. The factory rear arches are half-rolled, take a look and you'll see what I mean.

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                215/40/17 will be easier to fit. 215/45 is tall enough to cause issues with the fender lining.

Rolling is just squishing the lip, yeah. No visible difference from the exterior. The factory rear arches are half-rolled, take a look and you'll see what I mean.

-Jay
                                I see what you mean about the half rolled part.

I was thinking that 7mm or so more towards the fender linings (from the ~15mm larger diameter) wouldn't be too bad. You think it will rub too much?

195/65/R14 Overall Diameter: 23.98 in 609.09 mm

215/45/R17 Overall Diameter: 24.61 in 625.09 mm

215/40/R17 Overall Diameter: 23.77 in 603.75 mm

I have a car on front of me with the 215/40s and the sidewall is scary small for these roads around here.
                                Last edited by clavinZERO; 05-22-2007, 06:38 PM. Reason: specs added.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                                HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                                **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Working...
                                X