Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
    16x8 et10 w/ 17mm spacer up front. 225/45/16 BFG KDW II's. h&r race w/ bilstein sports. will they fit with eurostop flares? (Eurostop says the flares add 2" flare to the fenders)
    Yup. Even a 1" addition would fit those, so you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      First, they wouldn't clear the strut housings at that offset (assuming you meant all around 9.5s). Then, you'd be poking out so far that even a 205 would require heavy fender work.
      Damn your right I just checked it out. What about a 8.5 at et12 on 215/40s?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Looking on some tire size advice for some redrilled Syle 5's. So 16x8 ET23. I'm planning on 5mm spacer up front for sure, still undecided on spacer in the rear (waiting to see how bad it will look).

Suspension is Bilstein Sport, H&R Race, and E90 drophats. Prefer no fender rolling.

Will the tire recomendation change if I add 5mm rear spacer? Thanks in advance!

Comment

ok so I searched a little bit but didnt feel like doing it all day. I have sportmax 002's 15x8 eto 0 what size tire can I run without rolling the fenders? also what's good cheap tire for these....Im looking at Direzza's, nx3000's, kumho AST's, falken ziex 912's or hancooks....btw this is gonna be on my dd. I have it dropped like 2" I think....po did it.
          PS. I put 195/45/R15 that the PO had on the rims and they rubbed..

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
            Damn your right I just checked it out. What about a 8.5 at et12 on 215/40s?
            Yup that's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by osubeaver View Post
              Looking on some tire size advice for some redrilled Syle 5's. So 16x8 ET23. I'm planning on 5mm spacer up front for sure, still undecided on spacer in the rear (waiting to see how bad it will look).

Suspension is Bilstein Sport, H&R Race, and E90 drophats. Prefer no fender rolling.

Will the tire recomendation change if I add 5mm rear spacer? Thanks in advance!
              There's more than enough room in the front, it's the rear tire size you have to match to the spacers. 10mm rear with a 205/45 should just just clear without rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by E30MACK View Post
                ok so I searched a little bit but didnt feel like doing it all day. I have sportmax 002's 15x8 eto 0 what size tire can I run without rolling the fenders? also what's good cheap tire for these....Im looking at Direzza's, nx3000's, kumho AST's, falken ziex 912's or hancooks....btw this is gonna be on my dd. I have it dropped like 2" I think....po did it.
                PS. I put 195/45/R15 that the PO had on the rims and they rubbed..
                They don't fit E30s. Period.

Comment

so there is nothing I can do to get these rims to fit....your saying get rid of them and start over?
                  Im pretty sure that if I roll the fenders and get hubcentric rings they will fit just fine...
                  Last edited by E30MACK; 05-13-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I want to clean up my basketweaves (14") and drop my car billie sport and H&R race kinda drop, what tires would look best on my stock basketwaves?

Comment

running 16x9 10 offset, tires are 205/40/16. i like the stretch a lot but the tires are pretty thin. i'm sitting pretty low but still have finger gap all around and my oil pan is about an inch to inch and half off the ground. i was thinking something around the same lines but something a tad bit beefier so i can try and tuck a little, or close to. what size tire would that be?

also the tires im running are falken azensis

Comment

So I am looking at getting a set of the xxr 527 wheels, and they run in 2 sizes that I would like. 17x8.25 with +25 and +35 offset. I was just curious if I could get away with running the +25's on the front and rear with 235/40/17 tires. I don't mind doing fender rolling either so that is not an issue. I was just worrying about the front being poked out to far with the +25's, or will it be fine?

Comment

hey so would 205/40/16 on a 16x9 to a 205/45/16 same wheel make a big difference? according to the tyre fitment site i'd gain 10mm, so would that allow me to get more of the flush, stance look i'm going for?

Comment

GFs new summer wip

She recently got a 91 e30 vert. plastic bumper front - aluminum bumper rear - cashmerebeige - tan - black top. I ordered the eibach springs 1.7"front and 0.8" rear drop, with the bilstein sports.... Gonna cheap out on the wheels and go with esm 012s in gold.
                            17x7.54x1002057.1
                            17 X 7.5 et20..... can i run 215-40-17 with no problems.... she's pretty peeved that the 19 X 9.5s have been rubbing the rear arches of her B6 passat for the last 2 years:mrgreen:
                            If you can fit slow...you can fit fast!
                            Shut up and stop telling me how to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by E30MACK View Post
                              so there is nothing I can do to get these rims to fit....your saying get rid of them and start over?
                              Im pretty sure that if I roll the fenders and get hubcentric rings they will fit just fine...
                              You can try. Keep in mind I do this all day for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post
                                I want to clean up my basketweaves (14") and drop my car billie sport and H&R race kinda drop, what tires would look best on my stock basketwaves?
                                Look? Focus on performance and have fun with them. Dunlop Z1, Hankook R-S3, Falken RT-615K. All 195/60/14.

Comment

Working...
                                X