Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardnation View Post
    1 inch = 25.4 mm

So 23-25.4= -2.4mm

I've had a long day so check my math. :yawn:
    Your math is correct but is that right? The new offset would be et -2.4???
    1989 US E30 Cammed S52
    Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Needs massive spacers, 25mm all around minimum to look decent.
      fuuuuuckkk

Comment

They need spacers. 15mm all around is ideal. 225/45 can fit all around. Try rolling on them to see how bad the flat spots vibrate (put them on the rear).
        is there any benefit to running spacers? any downside?

the wheels were 250 so an easy sell. I dont want to spend 500 on tires only to find its not optimal fitment

Comment

17x8.5 Et-7 on E34. Thoughts?
          1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
          1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
          1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mike30e
            Looking to change wheels, currently running 16's on Bilstein HD's with H&R Sports, want to got to 15" Alpina's. What is the difference in going to a 15x6 front, 15x7 rear rather than all 15x7? Is it only cosmetic? What is the best size tire combo for this?

I wouldn't go with 15x6 fronts. 15x7 all around minimum, and 205/55 or 225/50 tires.
            What is the drawback to running 15x6 in the front?

Comment

17x8 +0 all around? How do I make it work.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Just picked up some wheels, Gonna slam, camber etc. I plan on tucking tire in the rear a little. any advice on tire sizes??

BBS RS
                16X8.5 +10
                16X9.5 +15

I was thinking
                205/45/16
                215/45/16
                any thoughts?
                OO=[][]=OO
                @speeedshop
                @mradams

Comment

15x8 +10 offset
                  Early model on hr race springs. Also what's a good tire size.

Comment

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
                    17x8.5 Et-7 on E34. Thoughts?
                    Bump Interested to know how this fits also will 18x9 ET-4 on E34

Comment

They need spacers. 15mm all around is ideal. 225/45 can fit all around. Try rolling on them to see how bad the flat spots vibrate (put them on the rear).
                      17.5J x16 ET 35, borbet type Cs.

Can I do any wider of a tire with 20mm spacers?

Should I just get a wider wheel set? Or even a staggered set?

Comment

What are tire size options for Bcaps other than 195/65/14? Could 215/60/14 be the only possibility?

meaning the circumference will be very close, with a wider tread.
                        Last edited by cabriodster87; 07-16-2012, 05:31 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Reich und Roll!

Comment

Looking at Borbet Type A wheels
                          16x7.5 et +20 all around for now, unsure of 16x9 offsets
                          Car rides on German Engineering Coilovers, Bilstien Sport Struts

Going for a flush look. Recommend spacers or good as is? Also, unsure of the appropriate tire size. Was thinking a 195-45-16 or 195-40-16.
                          Also, cannot roll fenders. Super rusty northern car with horribly rusty fender.

Thanks,
                          Nick
                          Last edited by Nick's e30; 07-16-2012, 07:18 AM.
                          No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Originally posted by dhcg86 View Post
                            is there any benefit to running spacers? any downside?

the wheels were 250 so an easy sell. I dont want to spend 500 on tires only to find its not optimal fitment
                            The benefit is that you can actually mount the wheels. Downside is they cost money.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHTUNG View Post
                              I don't know why my brain can't figure this out but here's a 3-piece wheel scenario for you to help me calculate:

The 3-piece wheels are 16 X 7.5 et 23 with 1" lips. What would be the new wheel offset if I added 2" lips?

Using an online split rim offset calculator I came up with the new wheel width as 8.5" and the offset would be et 10.3. Did I calculate this correctly? If so, how would this new width and offset fit on a late model 325i?
                              16x8.5 +10. Excellent fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorLondom
                                Got an '89 325i on stock suspension. Looking to get the ESM-002R 16x8 ET20 all around with 205/55/16 tires.

I'm assuming this setup will bolt on and work fine?
                                Will I be able to fit H&R/Bilstein Sports without rolling the fenders with this setup?
                                Would the 205 on the 8" wheel look too ridiculous? Seems like a moderate stretch.

I decided against the 15x8" ET15 as it seems a bit aggressive and would require rolling for a moderate drop even with 205s. Am I correct in my thinking?

Thanks!
                                205/55 is too tall. 205/50 is what you want. You would barely see a stretch, if at all.

The 15" setup is definitely more aggressive and would require a roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X