• Time
  • Show
Clear All

:up:
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

:up: damn

Comment

i was like ... not another redrill, but double darn, that''s some work.

Comment

[quote=Tismael711;3422255]heres some pics of my style 5's... redrilled to 4x100 and hub resized to 57.1.

I really want to see them on the vert. they look awesome. Also does anyone know if BBS makes a flat lip like this for BSS RS 16" 34 bolts? If so where can i buy them.

Comment

That's the cleanest fill n drill I have ever seen. Looks great!
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slippery View Post

I really want to see them on the vert. they look awesome. Also does anyone know if BBS makes a flat lip like this for BSS RS 16" 34 bolts? If so where can i buy them.
              euroimagetuning.com

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                i was like ... not another redrill, but double darn, that''s some work.
                Frank, what you think of mine?

Comment

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway just to make sure I don't screw anything up. I recently bought a set of RS001's, that while being in decent condition, have seen better days. Is any old aluminum wheel polish safe for the lips in an attempt to bring them back to their former glory? Just want to make sure there isn't any sort of coating or anything I would be eating away at.

Comment

Just a clear coat, polish away.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
                      I feel like this is a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway just to make sure I don't screw anything up. I recently bought a set of RS001's, that while being in decent condition, have seen better days. Is any old aluminum wheel polish safe for the lips in an attempt to bring them back to their former glory? Just want to make sure there isn't any sort of coating or anything I would be eating away at.
                      Remove the clear coat on the lips first, but not the bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by formula driver View Post
                        Frank, what you think of mine?

They look really good too :) ... to me still a mistery ...

- how is it done ?
                        - welds built until filled then machined and drilled ?
                        - is there plenty of material left between lug holes and centerbore ?
                        - why not hubcentric adaptors instead and swap barrels/lips as needed ?, easier to achive desired offsets that way.
                        - cost, (if you don't mind)., is it more than adaptors ?

on a side note, do you think 001, 033, 003, 170 somethings lol, have the same centers?,
                        only difference being barrels and lips ?, or are the back faces set at different heights ?

new arrivals include a 003, a 043 and a 156, there's 6 more on the wayyy :) not sure of numbers., they got shipped back due to wrong address, oh the drama.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by fporro; 10-27-2012, 02:42 AM.

Comment

That's a very simple answer.

The reason for this is to maximize the room for a larger lip. That's sorta my specialty, playing with offsets. Buying room for LARGE lips.

These are welded, ground down, and than sanded down in 2 stages. I might start letting a machine do the cutting though for an even cleaner look.

Yes, plenty of room in there, I may actually start machining aluminum hub centering rings to weld in there as well.

Anything in 15", 30 hole that you get is basically the same face. You'll get different height back pads and different convexness to the spokes but that's about it, and you can tell the difference in pics quite easily.

Cost for a fill is around $400

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                          They look really good too :) ... to me still a mistery ...

- how is it done ?
                          - welds built until filled then machined and drilled ?
                          - is there plenty of material left between lug holes and centerbore ?
                          - why not hubcentric adaptors instead and swap barrels/lips as needed ?, easier to achive desired offsets that way.
                          - cost, (if you don't mind)., is it more than adaptors ?

on a side note, do you think 001, 033, 003, 170 somethings lol, have the same centers?,
                          only difference being barrels and lips ?, or are the back faces set at different heights ?

new arrivals include a 003, a 043 and a 156, there's 6 more on the wayyy :) not sure of numbers., they got shipped back due to wrong address, oh the drama.

Comment

Hi, just purchased new e30 and came equipped with BBS RZ378's. All mint, but one is missing waffle and center with Black BBS cap. If any one has a single in excellent condition for sale, please message me a price. I hope I'm posting this in the right place, and will soon post pictures of the car.

Comment

Any one have any 16" 34 hole lips for sale?

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                                Any one have any 16" 34 hole lips for sale?
                                I have boat loads.

PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X