This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    D-rock - Livery wheels is reproducing them.
    Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
      BBS RS 262 & 263
      Refinished in Nogaro Silver with polished 1" inverted lips and nickel plated bolts. 17x8.5et29 and 17x9et35 by eewheelworks

The bolts are actually chrome plated my friend!

OEM BBS as well!

:-)

Comment

BBS Racing Wheel info:

Note where it says 198 euro for turbofans...

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
        RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Thanks for sharing the price list. BTW, those are Deutsche Mark, much cheaper than Euro :)
          sigpic

Comment

In the process of restoring my RSs. Question, am I crazy for being afraid to sandblast my faces? I want to strip and repaint or polish my centers but the last wheels I had sandblasted came out rough textured when I got them back and had a hell of a time sanding and polishing them smooth. They where not as complex of a design as RSs, opinions? I know people powder coat these all day I want to go in different direction like plating, paint, shot peen polish.
            sigpic

Comment

Don't use a an aggressive medium. They make plastic blasting media that will only strip the paint. Either that or have them soda blasted or chemically stripped.
              -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Just thought id share a before and after of my e38 style 5s with half polished lips. Need to get some higher grit wetsand paper before the lips are finished but after that I'm going with gold faces and caps. Thinking about going with a black barrel but not sure any ideas?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	7164314

Comment

Originally posted by jrockbk View Post

In the process of restoring my RSs. Question, am I crazy for being afraid to sandblast my faces? I want to strip and repaint or polish my centers but the last wheels I had sandblasted came out rough textured when I got them back and had a hell of a time sanding and polishing them smooth. They where not as complex of a design as RSs, opinions? I know people powder coat these all day I want to go in different direction like plating, paint, shot peen polish.
                    Soda and plastic will not remove that finish.

Glass is the way to go. But it will be a lot of work.

DO NOT sand blast them.

If you send them to me to chrome plate, I will strip the finish for free.

-Paul

Comment

Originally posted by formula driver View Post
                      Soda and plastic will not remove that finish.

Glass is the way to go. But it will be a lot of work.

DO NOT sand blast them.

If you send them to me to chrome plate, I will strip the finish for free.

-Paul

Thanks for that advice I emailed a soda blaster today for a quote, seeing what you said they prob won't take the job and I know not to sandblast (learned the hard way). Can you do other plating besides chrome (nickel, copper, gold)? Do you have photos of anything like this that's been stripped?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jrockbk View Post
                        Thanks for that advice I emailed a soda blaster today for a quote, seeing what you said they prob won't take the job and I know not to sandblast (learned the hard way). Can you do other plating besides chrome (nickel, copper, gold)? Do you have photos of anything like this that's been stripped?
                        I can do all of that...

Nah, no pics, some rs (Japanese) will come spotless in the stuff that I use, others (German) will be left with two layers of epoxy.

My plater uses something more fierce that will strip it to bare aluminum.

Comment

okay so I have bbs rz 15" filled and drilled and I picked these center caps up that were supposed to be for 15" wheels but the are too small. does anyone know where I can get just the 'waffles' in a bigger diameter anyone on here have a set and anyone want to buy these waffles off me id like to keep the bbs and hex
                          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by florida_dirt View Post
                              okay so I have bbs rz 15" filled and drilled and I picked these center caps up that were supposed to be for 15" wheels but the are too small. does anyone know where I can get just the 'waffles' in a bigger diameter anyone on here have a set and anyone want to buy these waffles off me id like to keep the bbs and hex
                              Sure look like 14" caps.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Anyone know a place in tristate area that fills wheels I want to run these but need them filled b4 I redrill
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X