Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to find hub extenders or a good solution, seeking help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to find hub extenders or a good solution, seeking help!

Recently picked up a set of Euroweaves that came with new tires, 225/50/15s. Needed to get spacers and remove the bottom portion of the fender lining for the tires to clear. Currently using 6mm spacers. Nothing rubs which is awesome but I’m getting wheel vibrations. This is surely because the wheels are hardly sitting on the hub. Does anyone know of hub extenders for 4x100 E30s? in a perfect world I would have just gone with 205/50s but this was a package deal and I’m dying to make this set up work. Thank you guys.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is only for the front wheels. The rear wheels fit with no issues.
    Last edited by AlpineYnot; 06-03-2020, 09:10 PM.

Just get hub-concentric spacers. They will have a lip machined into them.

Also, loosen your lugs and slowly tighten them in a cross pattern. I have used non-e30 wheels at the race track in a pinch that were not hub-concentric and they didn't vibrate, even at 140mph.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Just get hub-concentric spacers. They will have a lip machined into them.

Also, loosen your lugs and slowly tighten them in a cross pattern. I have used non-e30 wheels at the race track in a pinch that were not hub-concentric and they didn't vibrate, even at 140mph.
      Thanks for the reply. Definitely considering proper hub centric spacers at this point, just wondering how the handling would be affected since 10mm-10.5mm are the smallest hub centric spacers made. As for tightening the lugs in a cross pattern, I’ve done that plenty of times Meticulously but the vibration still comes through at around 70mph.

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineYnot View Post
        Recently picked up a set of Euroweaves that came with new tires, 225/50/15s. Needed to get spacers and remove the bottom portion of the fender lining for the tires to clear. Currently using 6mm spacers. Nothing rubs which is awesome but I’m getting wheel vibrations. This is surely because the wheels are hardly sitting on the hub. Does anyone know of hub extenders for 4x100 E30s? in a perfect world I would have just gone with 205/50s but this was a package deal and I’m dying to make this set up work. Thank you guys.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is only for the front wheels. The rear wheels fit with no issues.
        Are you sure the wheels you bought are actual OEM Euroweaves? They're a direct-fit on a RWD 325i or 318i with no need to use spacers. I had a set on my lowered 325is with meaty 225/50-15 R Compound Kumho race tires then later with 225/50-15 Dunlop SP8000s and they cleared the front strut tubes just fine and didn't rub anywhere. The original tire size that came on the M-Technic and Sport models was 205/55-15 which are only a little narrower than a 225/50.

BBS made other similar versions of this wheel with deeper offsets that were intended for various FWD cars and in this case you would need spacers to make these clear the strut tubes.

The OEM Euroweaves are 15x7 ET24. Maybe confirm that your wheels have this info in the lug area. Is it possible you bought IX wheels? Those look exactly like 15x7 Euroweaves but they have a very deep 41mm offset.

Really curious as to what you have there, something isn't adding up ha ha.

______

Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
        1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
        1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
        1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
        2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
        2005 X3 (little woman's car)
        Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
        Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Originally posted by randywalters View Post

Are you sure the wheels you bought are actual OEM Euroweaves? They're a direct-fit on a RWD 325i or 318i with no need to use spacers. I had a set on my lowered 325is with meaty 225/50-15 R Compound Kumho race tires then later with 225/50-15 Dunlop SP8000s and they cleared the front strut tubes just fine and didn't rub anywhere. The original tire size that came on the M-Technic and Sport models was 205/55-15 which are only a little narrower than a 225/50.

BBS made other similar versions of this wheel with deeper offsets that were intended for various FWD cars and in this case you would need spacers to make these clear the strut tubes.

The OEM Euroweaves are 15x7 ET24. Maybe confirm that your wheels have this info in the lug area. Is it possible you bought IX wheels? Those look exactly like 15x7 Euroweaves but they have a very deep 41mm offset.

Really curious as to what you have there, something isn't adding up ha ha.

______

Hey, yes they are ET24 all around, 3 are BBS stamped and 1 is stamped differently. Tires are 225/50-R15 Kuhmo Ecsta AST. Suspension is Bilsteins/H&R Sports all around with E90 drop hats at the front.These drop hats might be the culprits here but they do look good. lol without spacers both tires were hitting the front strut tubes. At minimum 5mm spacers were needed but went with hub centric 10mm spacers for safety and vibration reasons.

Comment

Working...
          X